Old March 17th 05, 09:16 PM
Hans Jørgen Lassen

Default What is the difference between USA and USSR?

In the USSR no one believed what their leaders told them, no one believed
one word of what they read in the newspapers, no one believed in justice
from the state, - and they played damned good chess!
HansJ

Old March 17th 05, 09:57 PM
David Ames

Hans J=F8rgen Lassen wrote:
In the USSR no one believed what their leaders told them, no one

believed
one word of what they read in the newspapers,

"V Pravde pravdy net, v Izvestij izvesty net."

Old March 17th 05, 10:08 PM
Hans Jørgen Lassen

"David Ames" wrote:

"V Pravde pravdy net, v Izvestij izvesty net."

Exactly!

HansJ

Old March 17th 05, 10:19 PM
Hans Jørgen Lassen

I just came to think of what my friend in DDR used to say:

"Für jede Massnahme gibt es eine Gegenmassnahme", meaning something like

whatever measures the authorities will take to subdue us we will find a way
to bypass them.

And they did.

In fact lower authorities at times neglected measures issued from higher
authorities, as I have myself experienced.

HansJ