Old March 19th 05, 11:34 PM

Default Peterson Gave the Money Back !!!

Fantastic Unbelievable News. Richard "Take the Money and Run" Peterson
gave all the money back.

It isto be recalled that late last year, Richard Peterson, the Cal
Chess Treasurer, stole almost the entire Cal Chess Treasury,amounting
to $26,000, while Elizabeth "I Love Beatriz" Shaughnessy was CalChess
President.

In view of a certain reputation that Richard "Take the Money and Run"
Peterson carries with him, everybody assumed that the money was long
gone and would never be recovered.

Efforts by CalChess lawyers to get Peterson arrested by the police
failed, so they filed a civil lawsuit against him.

TO everybody's surprise, Peterson agreed to pay back and did pay back
every penny of the $26,000.

Peterson did get one thing in return, which he is being allowed to
hold a big scholastic tournament in Northern California in April,
where he presumably plans to recover the $26,000 by selling bottled
water to the children.

Old March 20th 05, 12:55 AM
Bugsy

Sam Sloan wrote:
[...]

Sam Sloan

I hope he sues u for slander !!
Old March 20th 05, 04:51 AM

Sam Sloan wrote:
[...]

Is Peter Leko still dead?

Sam, with his usual sterling analysis, has it all wrong and my
so-called reputation was Sam's own invention. Sam has yet to be able
to answer the question of when I ever stole anything ever.

CalChess did indeed try to have me arrested (but not their attorney)
for putting the children's money in a trust account, not in my name,
and with three CalChess member families as trustees.

The attempted arrest failed miserably because the person making the
complaint got caught lying and of course I had already talked to the
local district attorney for advice before I did anything.

And CalChess did indeed file suit against me, but that lasted only as
long (about a week) as the embarassment of having filed the suit in the
wrong county. Then I filed suit against them in the proper county.

The suit was settled.

Now Sam, about that money I supposedly stole?
While you are at it, why don't you tell me where all that money I made
selling water ended up. It doesn't seem to matter how many times
people who were there tell you that you are looney and all wet
(presumably from water), you continue right on. Not surprising. At
least not to me.

Sheesh
Richard Peterson

Old March 20th 05, 09:47 AM
Russian Serge

The attempted arrest failed miserably because the
person making the complaint got caught lying and of course I had already
talked to the local district attorney for advice before I did anything.

You sound like a major bull**** artist, a shyster, and a scumbag. I would
not take your mother to any tournament that was run by you. I can imagine
that you will rig scores and results for a fee as long as you can blame
someone else and tell people that the local District Attorney told you it
was OK to steal. Does the local D.A. know you are ****ing on his
reputation??

Old March 20th 05, 03:30 PM
StanB

"Bugsy" wrote in message
. ..
Sam Sloan wrote:
Fantastic Unbelievable News. Richard "Take the Money and Run" Peterson
gave all the money back.

It isto be recalled that late last year, Richard Peterson, the Cal
Chess Treasurer, stole almost the entire Cal Chess Treasury,amounting
to $26,000, while Elizabeth "I Love Beatriz" Shaughnessy was CalChess
President.

I hope he sues u for slander !!

In this case, libel.