Old March 25th 05, 01:43 AM
Nick

Default Photo of the Year: Bobby Fischer walks with Miss Watai behind him !

Sam Sloan wrote:
http://www.samsloan.com/freeatlast.htm

Photo of the Year: Photo shows Bobby Fischer walking
through Narita Airport in Japan wearing his prison denims
while his smiling and dutiful Japanese wife Miss Watai
pushes their airport luggage trolley behind him.
Bobby is holding a bottle of water in his right hand.

'His smiling and dutiful Japanese *wife*'?

When exactly did Bobby Fischer legally marry Miss Watai?
I must have overlooked that news story.

--Nick

Old March 25th 05, 04:30 AM
Hans Jørgen Lassen

"Nick" wrote:

When exactly did Bobby Fischer legally marry Miss Watai?
I must have overlooked that news story.

Nick, you are a little oldfashioned. Personally I never married the lady of
this house, but nevertheless I have been living with her for 25 years.
HansJ

Old March 25th 05, 05:15 AM
Wlodzimierz Holsztynski (Wlod)

Hans J=F8rgen Lassen wrote:
"Nick" wrote:

When exactly did Bobby Fischer legally marry Miss Watai?
I must have overlooked that news story.

Nick, you are a little oldfashioned. Personally
I never married the lady of this house, but
nevertheless I have been living with her for 25 years.
HansJ

A pair of my young friends have a family,
two children, they are married, but they
have never married formally.

My parents met years before WWII, as youngsters
and were married ever since, but never formally
married (didn't have any administrative or
religious ceremony, wedding, etc).

The authenticity is infinitely more essential
than formality or (especially) phony.

Wlod

PS. Phoney Boobaki "NIck" is blind to the real
issue. He doesn't care about any, say about
the fair treatment of women (while on another occasion
he can use & abuse anything, including woman fate). All
he wants is to find or falsely create a hole in someone
else's text. That's how he tries to climb up (in his own
eyes), by unscrupulously putting dwon others.
in every unscrupoulus way

Old March 25th 05, 05:27 AM
Hans Jørgen Lassen

"Wlodzimierz Holsztynski (Wlod)" wrote:

The authenticity is infinitely more essential
than formality or (especially) phony.

We have had our disagreements but on this one we fully agree.

Best wishes,
HansJ

Old March 25th 05, 11:01 PM
Nick

Hans J=F8rgen Lassen wrote:
"Nick" wrote:
When exactly did Bobby Fischer legally marry Miss Watai?
I must have overlooked that news story.

*Miss Watai* has nearly always been described as Bobby Fischer's
'fiancee', *not* as his 'wife', in the news stories that I have read.

Nick, you are a little oldfashioned.

Hans, you don't know me. I admit to having read classics. :-)

I was asking a question (above) about the legal facts, *not* making
any comment on the morality of the Fischer-Watai relationship.

I submit that whether or not Mr Fischer and Ms Watai are legally
married could become relevant to their future possibilities of
living together in some places. Mr Fischer has just become
a citizen of Iceland. Ms Watai is not a citizen of Iceland.
If Mr Fischer were to marry Ms Watai and have that marriage
recognised by the laws of Iceland, then would that make it any
easier for Ms Watai, if she wishes, to become a citizen of Iceland?

Personally I never married the lady of this house,
but nevertheless I have been living with her for 25 years.

Congratulations to Hans Jorgen Lassen and his lady.

I suppose that relationship could be regarded as a 'common law'
marriage. I have no doubt that Hans Jorgen Lassen knows the
laws of Denmark better than I do.

In reality, governments tend to be unsentimental and 'heartless'
in most cases whenever it comes to applying the law (such as
in the matters of immigration, naturalization, pensions, and
survivor's benefits) to those personal relationships that have
*not* been recognised as officially binding by the law.

*If* Hans Jorgen Lassen and 'the lady of this house' were to
attempt to obtain 'green cards' in the United States, for example,
then the exact legal status of their relationship presumably
would become an issue of concern for the US Immigration and
Naturalization Service (INS). And the INS has a well-known
reputation for not taking too seriously such declarations
as 'we love each other and have lived together for many years'.
The INS demands to see 'the papers that prove what you say'.

Perhaps I should not be surprised that some reader(s) here
could misconstrue my question about the legal status of the
relationship between Mr Fischer and Ms Watai as a comment on
the morality of that relationship. And perhaps I should not
be surprised that some troll(s) here could apparently attempt
to misrepresent my question as a kind of personal attack
against Mr Fischer or Ms Watai.

--Nick