Old March 25th 05, 08:54 PM
Paul Rubin

Default Gordon Parker explains how to avoid frivolous litigation

Rufus writes:
The anonymous remailer users cannot be named as defendants

Thanks for the tip Gordie! Though it is a shame that anonymity
is the only way to ensure one's right to free speech without
threat of burdening the cost of frivolous litigation.

In fact remailer users have been named as defendants, and people have
been sued on suspicion of posting stuff through them. You might know
who Grady Ward is, for example.
Old March 25th 05, 09:33 PM
zdrakec

Actually, no, I don't... who is Grady Ward?

Cheers,
zdrakec

Old March 25th 05, 09:40 PM
Ray Gordon

The anonymous remailer users cannot be named as defendants

Thanks for the tip Gordie! Though it is a shame that anonymity
is the only way to ensure one's right to free speech without
threat of burdening the cost of frivolous litigation.

In fact remailer users have been named as defendants, and people have
been sued on suspicion of posting stuff through them. You might know
who Grady Ward is, for example.

This is where I can see ISPs and Google getting into difficulty for allowing
or archiving anonymous defamation.

As for the posters themselves, they lose a lot of credibility within the
groups, although in the archives some idiots won't know to discount them
accordingly.

--
Ray Gordon, Author
http://www.cybersheet.com/easy.html

http://www.cybersheet.com/library.html
The Seduction Library. Four free books to get you started on your quest to
get laid.

Don't buy anything from experts who won't debate on a free speech forum.

Old March 26th 05, 01:54 AM
+-

Ray Gordon wrote:

The anonymous remailer users cannot be named as defendants

Thanks for the tip Gordie! Though it is a shame that anonymity
is the only way to ensure one's right to free speech without
threat of burdening the cost of frivolous litigation.

In fact remailer users have been named as defendants, and people have
been sued on suspicion of posting stuff through them. You might know
who Grady Ward is, for example.

This is where I can see ISPs and Google getting into difficulty for
allowing or archiving anonymous defamation.

As for the posters themselves, they lose a lot of credibility within the
groups, although in the archives some idiots won't know to discount them
accordingly.

translation, I cant trace the anonyfolk, so I'll take a stab at google's
deep pockets instead? Very telling.
Old March 26th 05, 10:51 PM
Doom & Gloom Dave

zdrakec wrote:
Actually, no, I don't... who is Grady Ward?

Buddy of Fred Sanford??

Old April 2nd 05, 04:50 AM
Krus T. Olfard

"Ray Gordon" wrote in
:

As for the posters themselves, they lose a lot of credibility within the
groups,

Well, YOUR posts have certainly cost you any credibility you could have had
with me.

--
KTO

Everything I post is my opinion. If you don't like my opinions then
killfile me, if you have the balls.