Old May 7th 05, 04:19 AM

Default Catch me up...

Hi Y'all. I rejoined rgcp after some time away. What's happening
with USCF these days? Is Crossville now Chess HQ or did that fall
through during my absence? Who is the new ED? New editor? Is Sam
dead or alive? Will Tampa ever have rated chess?

Old Haasie

Old May 7th 05, 04:55 AM
Bill Smythe

RSHaas wrote:
.... I rejoined rgcp after some time away. What's happening
with USCF these days? ....

You will be happy to know that USCF has adopted your Mensa model in its
entirety, chess is thriving all over the nation as a result, every town of
at least 5000 population now has tournaments at least twice monthly, and
USCF membership just went over the 2 million mark.

Bill Smythe

Old May 7th 05, 05:19 AM

Dear Richard,

To cut to the gut of the matter, the most
significant and progressive USCF political development
has been an agreement among all parties involved that
the living former USCF presidents -- as well as,
reportedly, two dead ones -- have agreed to commit
sepuku on the rostrum of the 2005 Delegates meetings
at the upcoming U. S. Open.

The benefits are not only political but also
economic. In addition to the usual income from the
annual Awards Banquet, tickets will be sold for the
simultaneous gutting ceremony. The event will
apparently be well attended. Mike Nolan will rule on
any points of order and tabling difficulties.
In other news the move to Cross-to-Bear is
still on, and the Jesusland candidates are currently
looking strong against the Left Coast blue state lads.
But that could change.

There is no new ED, and there may be no one
currently leading the Federation, depending on which
technicality you regard as the more important. To
understand this point would require a backgrounder,
which I feel disinclined to offer, in spite of your
many kind words about me in the past.

Sam is both dead and alive, depending on which report you read.
Tampa, according to all concerned, will never ever
have rated chess. There is apparently a consensus on
this point across the USCF political spectrum: Tampa
must not and will not ever have rated chess. Period.

Old May 7th 05, 05:39 AM
Mike Nolan

" writes:

Mike Nolan will rule on
any points of order and tabling difficulties.

Don't be silly, seppuku is performed on a tatami, not on a table.
--
Mike Nolan
Old May 7th 05, 02:13 PM

Gee, Bill... I'm mighty glad to know that Chess HQ installed my
Mensa model for chess, but I'm disappointed that as a result membership
has climbed to only 2 million, as you say.
Maybe the right wing religi-bumpkin craze has held things up in some
areas.

Old Haasie