Old May 8th 05, 02:54 AM

Default Any Candidates Favoring the Mensa Model?

Are any of the candidates for the four open Board positions in favor
of the Mensa Model for chess?
We won't have a really good national chess federation until we have
one that has a Mensa type organizational structure built into it.

Old Haasie

Old May 8th 05, 03:28 AM
David Ames

You are posting in an open forum. Do we deserve to know what the Mensa
Model is?
I am eligible for Mensa on the basis of my HS IQ test, but will not
join because my wife's excellent HS IQ score was on a test that is not
recognized by Mensa.
David Ames

Old May 8th 05, 06:18 AM
[email protected]

You are posting in an open forum. Do we deserve to know what the
Mensa Model is?
I am eligible for Mensa on the basis of my HS IQ test, but will not
join because my wife's excellent HS IQ score was on a test that is not
recognized by Mensa.
David Ames
===============
David, you must be only a recent arrival on rgcp. I've posted
extensively on my Mensa model as it would apply to a national chess
federation.
In a nutshell USCF Metro District umbrellas would be created to
promote chess in a variety of ways.. including the running of
tournaments. These umbrellas would be funded with a share of the
national dues, say $10 from each adult; $5 each full youth. Thus a
metro area the size of Houston, Detroit, Miami-Ft. Lauderdale, would
get about $5000 annually for all kinds of chess work.
This is similar to the way Mensa funds its many local chapters (16
in Florida). Mensa's top 2% requirement for membership would not be
imported into the model for chess.
The Mensa Model is, in my opinion, the most ideal form for a really

Old May 8th 05, 05:23 PM
David Filby

wrote in message
oups.com...
Are any of the candidates for the four open Board positions in favor
of the Mensa Model for chess?
We won't have a really good national chess federation until we have
one that has a Mensa type organizational structure built into it.

Old Haasie

Haven't there been "really good" national federations in various sports and
activities that were completely different from the MENSA model? Haven't
there been "really good" national chess federations that were not based on
the MENSA model? Should we have an entrance qualifying exam also?

David

Old May 8th 05, 05:33 PM
Mike Nolan

"David Filby" writes:

Haven't there been "really good" national federations in various sports and
activities that were completely different from the MENSA model?

A better question is: Other than Mensa, what other national membership
organizations use the formula?

A second interesting question is: If Mensa's model is so successful, why
are they so carefully hiding the fact that their membership is declining?
--
Mike Nolan
Old May 8th 05, 06:13 PM
TheUnknownOne

How no successful really intelligent people have these high iq's?
All these people with high iq's end up doing nothing.
If they really were that intelligent they would solve real problems like
finding another energy source for the
world, extending human life, discovering alien intelligent life on other
problems, the unified theory, what is
the meaning of life, invent space ships that can help us collonize other
planets, discover ways of supplying
people all over the world with abundant food.
The reason they can't is because they really are not the smart. They are
just good at doing iq tests. Which makes them useless and stupid.

oups.com...

Old May 8th 05, 06:34 PM
StanB

wrote in message
oups.com...

David, you must be only a recent arrival on rgcp. I've posted
extensively on my Mensa model as it would apply to a national chess
federation.

balance graciously snipped

Smyth you're responsible for setting him off again. Grrrrr.