Old May 8th 05, 03:53 PM

Default The Mensa Model for Chess

The Mensa Model as it would be adapted for a national chess
federation is intended to capitalize the basic market for organized
chess, essentially the metropolitan scale in most cases. That scale is
where the most productive chess work is done.. and the one that would
produce the best results if it were capitalized.
If Mensa itself can capitalize its local chapters with a share of
its $49 national dues, then so could the USCF with a share of its $49
dues. And why not? We should be banging the table for a Mensa
treatment for chess.

Old Haasie

Old May 8th 05, 06:42 PM
Mark Houlsby

Old Haasie

This Mensa nonsense is Old Newsie. Why do you post it over and over and
over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and
over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and
over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and
over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and
over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and
over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and
over and over again?

It's trolling. Don't do it.

Old Houlsbyie

Old May 9th 05, 12:35 AM

Mark...
I post the Mensa theme often because I like it, like it, like it.
If you have a better, better, better idea... let's see it.

Old Haasie

Old May 9th 05, 03:36 PM
Mark Houlsby

Richard....
Your liking the idea, liking the idea, liking the idea is not a good
enough reason to troll. I don't have a better idea. In fact, I don't
have *any* ideas. I do know, however, that trolling is dumb, trolling
is dumb, trolling is dumb.

Old Houlsbyie

Old May 9th 05, 07:32 PM
Mike Murray

On 9 May 2005 07:36:39 -0700, "Mark Houlsby"
wrote:

I don't have a better idea. In fact, I don't
have *any* ideas.

Satori.

Old May 9th 05, 07:45 PM
Mark Houlsby

Looks like you've found a new ally in Mike, Richard... Surely it can't
be long, now, before the Mensa model is adopted, and the USCF is saved
forever.....

Murray's impressive multilingual capabilities will surely tip the
scales in your favour...

Old May 9th 05, 07:58 PM
Mike Murray

On 9 May 2005 11:45:36 -0700, "Mark Houlsby"
wrote:

Looks like you've found a new ally in Mike, Richard... Surely it can't
be long, now, before the Mensa model is adopted, and the USCF is saved
forever.....

Murray's impressive multilingual capabilities will surely tip the
scales in your favour...

Old Haasie and I agree on banjo but not on Mensa or telemarketers. I
was merely acknowledging your flash of personal insight.
Old May 9th 05, 08:03 PM

You do realize that no one missed you while you were gone...

Old May 9th 05, 08:17 PM
Mark Houlsby

Old Haasie and I agree on banjo

Is that actually "agree", or simply "decline to duel"?

but not on Mensa or telemarketers.

Yet your having jumped into this thread as you did, seemingly
recklessly, made you *appear* to support the Mensa model. D'OH!

I was merely acknowledging your flash of personal insight.

Well, that's kinda Old Newsie, as well, isn't it?

Do I *really* have to lead you by the nose *again* through just a few
of the many examples of my having made an idiot of myself? Do try to do
it for yourself, if you can manage it.

Certainly I'm dumb, but evidently, not as dumb as you are. Don't so
much as *appear* to post in favour of the Mensa model, unless you *are*
in favour of the Mensa model.

In other words, butt out.

Moron.

Old Houlsbyie

Old May 9th 05, 08:43 PM
Mike Murray

On 9 May 2005 12:17:43 -0700, "Mark Houlsby"
wrote:

Do I *really* have to lead you by the nose *again* through just a few
of the many examples of my having made an idiot of myself?

You don't tell a good joke just once.

Certainly I'm dumb, but evidently, not as dumb as you are. Don't so
much as *appear* to post in favour of the Mensa model, unless you *are*
in favour of the Mensa model.

"Appear"? Oh yeah, I forgot. When given a Rorschach, Ye Old
Trollsbyie accused the test administrator of being a pornographer.

In other words, butt out.

As in "walk this way"? Seen any Groucho reruns lately?