Old May 8th 05, 08:00 PM
Tom Klem

Default The LEAKY Campaign of Sam Sloan

Can you believe Larry Parr in another thread claiming that without leaks,
you wouldn't have known about the "sweetheart" [my words] deal between USCF
and its architect down in Crossville? Note that Larry is _constantly_
implying wrong doing on the part of USCF officers and staff. What a crock.

Apparently, there are still some on this newsgroup who believe that the
sensible voters of the USCF will have a momentary lapse of sanity and elect
Sam Sloan to the board, for the sole purpose of being our "leaky" conduit
into the secret goings on of the Learned Elders of the USCF.

Pettifoggery indeed!

A leaky sewer is still just a smelly mess.

I maintain [the opinion] that being the newsmaker and reporting on oneself
making the news is in fact nothing more than self aggrandizing behavior
which should not be encouraged. This sort of conduct is the worst of the
conflict of interests, because if anyone believes anything that Sam Sloan
says (and I doubt this anyway), his statements take on the imprimatur of the
USCF in his reports making him an 'official' spokesman for that
organization. This means, that he can create a policy, not necessarily in
extant with the board, which can be considered official USCF goings on.

Considering his track record (he reported me dead for instance---worse yet,
Peter Leko, he lied about everything going on in Nevada, and so it goes), do
you really want what he says on this newsgroup to end up in a court of law
as official USCF policy and the excuse for a multil million dollar verdict
against the USCF?

Do you want two presidents? One elected and installed properly, the other a
leaky toilet?

--
Tom Klem

Perhaps the sentiments contained in these missives, are not
yet sufficiently fashionable to procure them general favor; a long
habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial
appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry
in defence (sic) of custom, But tumult soon subsides. Time
makes more converts than reason.

Old May 9th 05, 09:42 PM
Mark Houlsby

Can you believe Larry Parr in another thread claiming that without
leaks,
you wouldn't have known about the "sweetheart" [my words] deal between
USCF
and its architect down in Crossville?

Yes.

I can believe *anything* about *anybody* who posts to RGCP. Not only
that, but I can be *certain* that *anything* which *anybody* posts to
RGCP will be *completely misunderstood* by most of its readers, however
intelligent they undoubtedly are. Go figure.

Note that Larry is _constantly_

implying wrong doing on the part of USCF officers and staff.

I do note that. I also note that, like Sam Sloan, he has his adherents,
who, it seems, shall remain his adherents, no matter what. Go figure.

What a crock.

Concerning RGCP, this is unusual...how...exactly?

Apparently, there are still some on this newsgroup who believe that

the
sensible voters of the USCF will have a momentary lapse of sanity and
elect
Sam Sloan to the board, for the sole purpose of being our "leaky"
conduit
into the secret goings on of the Learned Elders of the USCF.

You're catching on :-P

Pettifoggery indeed!

More perspicacity on your part! Still, likely as not, Sloan *could* be
elected, and, paradoxically, the more you post, the more likely it may
become. Go figure.

A leaky sewer is still just a smelly mess.

To many voters, evidently, an *amusing* smelly mess, which is
*preferable* to the other options with which they may be presented. Go
figure.

I maintain [the opinion] that being the newsmaker and reporting on

oneself
making the news is in fact nothing more than self aggrandizing behavior

which should not be encouraged.

I share that opinion. Therefore, I have a question for you, Tom: "Why
are you encouraging exactly such self-aggrandising behaviour?" Once
again, it's paradoxical, yet that's precisely what you're doing,
however unwittingly. Go figure.

This sort of conduct is the worst of the

conflict of interests, because if anyone believes anything that Sam
Sloan
says (and I doubt this anyway),

Don't doubt it. Many intelligent people certainly believe him. Go
figure.

his statements take on the imprimatur of the

USCF in his reports making him an 'official' spokesman for that
organization.

Indeed. What's more, your posting like this *enhances* Sloan's
credibility. Go figure.

This means, that he can create a policy, not necessarily in

extant with the board, which can be considered official USCF goings on.

Not so much "create" as "invent", I think, but probably true, and, if
it is, then the "policy" begins to seem the more official thanks to
your posts. Go figure.

Considering his track record (he reported me dead for instance---worse

yet,
Peter Leko, he lied about everything going on in Nevada, and so it
goes), do
you really want what he says on this newsgroup to end up in a court of
law
as official USCF policy and the excuse for a multil million dollar
verdict
against the USCF?

No, I don't, but Sloan does. At this rate, it will, too. Go figure.

Do you want two presidents? One elected and installed properly, the

other a
leaky toilet?

Which one of those is supposed to be Dubya (excuse my Limey ignorance)?

Mark Houlsby

Old May 9th 05, 11:16 PM
Tom Klem

I'm as concerned about the unintended effects as you apparently are.

What should I do then? Remain silent while this liar roams the internet
despoiling every newbie he comes into contact with?

Sincerely,
Tom Klem

ups.com...

Old May 10th 05, 01:44 AM

Mr. Sloan has my vote....Well, actually, I don't have a vote.

Nevermind.

- Geof Strayer

Old May 10th 05, 01:48 PM
Mark Houlsby

I'm as concerned about the unintended effects as you apparently are.

That much is glaringly apparent. It is also both entirely commendable
and absolutely consistent with my impressions of you from our other
meetings (e.g. on ICC).

What should I do then? Remain silent while this liar roams the

internet
despoiling every newbie he comes into contact with?

Strange though it may seem, that may indeed be a less damaging option
(and, as you seem to have correctly surmised, it was precisely what I
was, and am, suggesting). Posting to RGCP evidently causes nothing
except harm.

Ever.

This may explain the disappearance from this group of many honest,
sincere, hardworking folks who, like you, and entirely unlike Sloan and
his adherents, wish to do nothing but good for chess and for
chessplayers. RGCP is basically a cesspit. Stay away, or you *will
find*, necessarily, your that efforts, however well-intentioned or
assiduously researched or accurately reported, will be hijacked, in the
cause of doing harm (possibly unwittingly--added together these several
folks would hardly merit being called "halfwit") by nearly-illiterate
"journalists" and their cronies who apparently have nothing better to
do than to troll in RGCP (cesspits being their natural habitat, and
all).

Best regards,
Mark Houlsby

Old May 10th 05, 01:51 PM
Mark Houlsby

Mr. Sloan has my vote....Well, actually, I don't have a vote.

Nevermind.

- Geof Strayer

See what I mean, Tom?! Wannabe halfwits. Cesspits. *sings* "Go together
like a horse and carriage..."

Cheers,
Mark

Old May 10th 05, 07:39 PM

I strongly resent being described as a "wannabe halfwit." I am a
card-carrying member of the Halfwit Society, and there is nothing
"wannabe" about my credentials in this regard.

-Geof Strayer

Old May 10th 05, 09:32 PM
Mark Houlsby

I strongly resent being described as a "wannabe halfwit." I am a
card-carrying member of the Halfwit Society, and there is nothing
"wannabe" about my credentials in this regard.

My profuse apologies to you, sir. Perhaps, as a fully-fledged Halfwit
in your own right, you should consider switching your alliegence from
Sam Sloan to Tim Hanke....

-Mark Houlsby