Old May 15th 05, 08:16 PM
David Ames

Default The Dead Detective: A Sam and Vera Sloan Mystery

Did anyone know that Sam Sloan is in fact a fictitious character?

David Ames

Old May 15th 05, 08:21 PM
Mark Houlsby

Did anyone know that Sam Sloan is in fact a fictitious character?

David, you should know that falsely building up the hopes of a person
with childlike sensibilities is cruel....

Old May 15th 05, 09:14 PM
StanB

"David Ames" wrote in message
oups.com...

Did anyone know that Sam Sloan is in fact a fictitious character?

Did you know that the name Sloan appears on most urinals throughout the
country?

Old May 16th 05, 12:05 AM
David Ames

Mark Houlsby wrote:
Did anyone know that Sam Sloan is in fact a fictitious character?

David, you should know that falsely building up the hopes of a person
with childlike sensibilities is cruel....

I cannot imagine an adult allowing a child to browse this newsgroup.

David Ames

Old May 16th 05, 12:17 AM
Mark Houlsby

I cannot imagine an adult allowing a child to browse this newsgroup.

David Ames

I wrote: "...a person with childlike sensibilities...." and was
referring to *myself*.

Mark Houlsby

Old May 16th 05, 12:43 AM
David Ames

Mark Houlsby wrote:
I cannot imagine an adult allowing a child to browse this newsgroup.

David Ames

I wrote: "...a person with childlike sensibilities...." and was
referring to *myself*.

Mark Houlsby

Oh. And were you referring to the subject caption mentioning Sam
Sloan, or to the message mentioning Sam Sloan? I rather expected one
might read the subject caption first to establish the context of the
message, but now I am not so sure if that happened.

David Ames

Old May 16th 05, 04:26 PM

On 16 May 2005 07:13:11 -0700, "Mark Houlsby"
wrote:

I'm saying that you have built up my hopes that Sloan might be a
fictional character. If those hopes are dashed, I may lose all faith in
human nature...

Mark Houlsby

I am a fictional character, so therefore you can stop attacking me all
the time.

The Fake Sam Sloan
Old May 16th 05, 04:36 PM
Mark Houlsby

I am a fictional character, so therefore you can stop attacking me all

the time.

The Fake Sam Sloan

"Attacking" you? ROTFLMAO!

All I'm asking you to do, Sam, is the same as most of us do. That is:
DON'T CROSSPOST CONVERSATIONS WITH IMAGINARY FRIENDS OF YOURS. EVER.

IN PARTICULAR: DON'T CROSSPOST TO *****IRRELEVANT***** GROUPS. Whenever
you do those things, you appear *deranged*.

Now, do you think that you could try to behave normally, like most
folks in the group do?

How difficult would it be for you at least to try?

The Real Mark Houlsby

Old May 17th 05, 11:20 AM
David Ames

wrote:

I'm saying that you have built up my hopes that Sloan might be a
fictional character. If those hopes are dashed, I may lose all faith

in
human nature...

Mark Houlsby

I am a fictional character, so therefore you can stop attacking me

all
the time.

The Fake Sam Sloan

If you look up the book description on amazon.com, you will note that
it starts: "Sam Sloan is dead." But if you follow the book description
further, you will find that to be an arguable premise.

David Ames