Old May 22nd 05, 01:31 AM
Taylor Kingston

Default The Sam Sloan TV Show

Sam Sloan wrote:
I need to thank Gary Popkin for providing both the inspiration and

the
technical expertise for this show.

Question: Is this perhaps actually Jerry Popkin, originally from La
Jolla, California, more recently of Kentucky?

Old May 22nd 05, 12:01 PM
samsloan

Taylor Kingston wrote:
Sam Sloan wrote:
I need to thank Gary Popkin for providing both the inspiration and

the
technical expertise for this show.

Question: Is this perhaps actually Jerry Popkin, originally from La
Jolla, California, more recently of Kentucky?

Gary Popkin has lived in Park Slope Brooklyn since at least 1981. He is
a retired professor of computer programming. I doubt that he is the
same person.

Old May 22nd 05, 12:59 PM
Taylor Kingston

samsloan wrote:
Taylor Kingston wrote:
Question: Is this perhaps actually Jerry Popkin, originally from

La
Jolla, California, more recently of Kentucky?

Gary Popkin has lived in Park Slope Brooklyn since at least 1981. He

is
a retired professor of computer programming. I doubt that he is the
same person.

No, definitely not the same, just a coincidental similarity. Thanks.

Old May 22nd 05, 01:12 PM

A THREAT OR A PROMISE?

wrote:
THREE SIMPLE QUESTIONS

Taylor Kingston wanders all over the lot but seems incapable of

answering three simple questions. Larry Parr

Patience, Larry. Right now I am rather busy. My daughter is
graduating from college tomorrow. My 87-year-old mother has flown out
here from San Diego to attend the ceremony, and we want to show her
some of Vermont's sights. So I hope you will forgive me if I pay more
attention to my family than to you right now.

Soon, you will have answers to all three of your questions, and you
may be reminded of the old saying, "Be careful what you ask for, you
might get it." Taylor Kingston

Mr. Kingston appears to have time to dally with Sam Sloan but no
time tot answer three simple questions.

"Be careful what you ask for, you might get it."

Is that a threat or a promise?

Old May 22nd 05, 01:43 PM
Mark Houlsby

A MORON OR JUST ILLITERATE?

Is Larry Parr a moron, or is he just illiterate?

Parr:
Mr. Kingston appears to have time to dally with Sam Sloan but no
time tot answer three simple questions.

Yes. I wonder, might that be because it could take Mr. Kingston a
little more time to address your request *properly* than it has
evidently taken him to "dally" with the idiot Sloan?

Which are you, Larry?

Are you a moron, or illiterate, or perhaps both?

WE DEMAND AN ANSWER, *****NOW*****!!!!!!!

Old May 22nd 05, 02:01 PM
samsloan

Taylor Kingston wrote:
Sam Sloan wrote:
I need to thank Gary Popkin for providing both the inspiration and

the
technical expertise for this show.

Question: Is this perhaps actually Jerry Popkin, originally from La
Jolla, California, more recently of Kentucky?

Gary Popkin writes in response:

"I am not Jerry Popkin. I am not originally from La Jolla, and have
never lived in Kentucky."

Old May 22nd 05, 02:28 PM
Taylor Kingston

samsloan wrote:
Gary Popkin writes in response:

"I am not Jerry Popkin. I am not originally from La Jolla, and have
never lived in Kentucky."

Yes, thank you. As I noted earlier, this is clearly just a
coincidental similarity of names. The Jerry Popkin I knew was captain
of the La Jolla High School chess team, archrivals of my own high
school, in the mid-1960s. He later became a professor of history at
(IIRC) the University of Louisville.

Old June 17th 05, 03:59 AM

Mr. Kingston appears to have time to dally with Sam Sloan but no
time tot answer three simple questions.

Speaking about one's inability to answer simple questions....

:-)