Old May 22nd 05, 03:46 PM
samsloan

Default Anybody know Yugoslav around here?

I have just received a long posting from Dimitrije Bjelica

He says something about me, but I do not know what he says. Here is
part of what he wrote. Can anybody translate?:

Vi kazete da se toj njegovoj odluci usprotivio citav
civilizovani svet, sto nije istina. Fiser u ovoj knjzi kaze da je

embargo na
jugoslaviju bila nepravda, da ne priznaje UN itd. Kazete da je

Fiser
napravio veliku gresku sto nije taj mec odigrao u Spaniji ili

Nemackoj,
za mnogo veci nagradni fond. Ni to nije istina, I jos kazete da je

tako
uradio danas ne bi imao ovakvih problema. Ako ste to zaista rekli

onda
ne
shvatate zasto je Fiser zatvoren, Vi znaci niste nabavili

pomenutu knjigu
u kojoj je Sam Sloan , americki ekspert, kandidat za senat,

Fiserov
prijatelj koji je bio protiv njegovog iskljucenja iz sahovske

federacije
Amerike crno na belo ustina elektronski izjavio u knjizi - Isti

greh kao
sto je Fiser ucinila je i americka sahovska federacija.

Old May 22nd 05, 03:59 PM
Finellach

I take it you mean language? Such thing doesn't exists. ;-)))

Old May 22nd 05, 09:10 PM
samsloan

Ako ste to zaista rekli onda ne shvatate zasto je Fiser zatvoren, Vi
znaci niste nabavili pomenutu knjigu u kojoj je Sam Sloan , americki
ekspert, kandidat za senat, Fiserov prijatelj koji je bio protiv
njegovog iskljucenja iz sahovske federacije Amerike crno na belo
ustina elektronski izjavio u knjizi - Isti greh kao sto je Fiser
ucinila je i americka sahovska federacija.

This is the key part. I have been trying to get it translated at
http://www.translation-guide.com/fre...&to=Croati an

but right now it is overloaded.

Old May 22nd 05, 11:00 PM
David Ames

Well, I don't know the Serbo-Croatian language, but clearly "ekspert,
candidat za senat" means "expert, candidate for the Senate."

David Ames

Old May 22nd 05, 11:23 PM
Angelo DePalma

I barely remember the Croatian I took in college, but let me give it a try:

"Ako ste to zaista rekli onda ne shvatate zasto je Fiser zatvoren, Vi znaci
niste ..."
Actually, stay the recreational undulations will never shave Fisher again.
And if you ask me...

"nabavili pomenutu knjigu u kojoj je Sam Sloan , americki ekspert"
....never would I eat a pomegranit from a Japanese book, especially from that
American sex fiend, Sam Sloan

"kandidat za senat, Fiserov prijatelj koji je bio protiv njegovog
iskljucenja"
The guy is a candidate for removing Fisher's hemorrhoids, but if you ask me
his private parts have turned black...

"iz sahovske federacije Amerike crno na belo ustina elektronski izjavio"
....which is why the US Chess Federation will soon go to war with an electric
dildo, cordless.

"u knjizi - Isti greh kao sto je Fiser ucinila je i americka sahovska
federacija."
If you don't believe me, may your grandmother grow hair on her chest and eat
General Tsao chicken forever.

I hope this helps.

oups.com...

Old May 23rd 05, 03:19 AM
TheUnknownOne

"samsloan" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have just received a long posting from Dimitrije Bjelica

He says something about me, but I do not know what he says. Here is
part of what he wrote. Can anybody translate?:

Vi kazete da se toj njegovoj odluci usprotivio citav
civilizovani svet, sto nije istina.

Your saying that's his (something like: against something civil), that's not
the case.

Fiser u ovoj knjzi

Fisher?

kaze da je

says that it

embargo na
jugoslaviju bila nepravda,

embargo in jugoslavia was not true

da ne priznaje UN itd.

?

Kazete da je
Fiser

Your saying that (Fisher?) is

napravio

veliku gresku

made a big mistake

sto nije

that is not

taj mec odigrao

?
u Spaniji

in Spain

ili
Nemackoj,

or Germany

za mnogo

for a lot

veci nagradni fond.

(Some) fund?

Ni to nije istina,

that also is not the case

I jos kazete da je
tako

and in addition your saying that it is like that

uradio danas

on the radio today

ne bi

?
imao

we have?

ovakvih problema.

this problem?

Ako ste to zaista rekli

If that's what you said

onda
ne

then why

shvatate

?
zasto je Fiser zatvoren,

why is (Fisher?) jailed

Vi

You?

znaci niste

means nothing

nabavili

fooled around?

pomenutu

? (memory?)

knjigu

book?

u kojoj je Sam Sloan

who's Sam Sloan

, americki ekspert,

american expert

kandidat za senat,

candidate for senate

Fiserov

prijatelj koji

je bio protiv

friend who was against

njegovog

his?

iskljucenja iz sahovske
federacije
Amerike

?
crno na belo

black on white

ustina

correct?

elektronski izjavio u

?
knjizi

books?

- Isti
greh kao

His as wrong as him?

sto je Fiser

that's Fisher

Old May 23rd 05, 05:18 AM
Judges1318

samsloan wrote:

Ako ste to zaista rekli onda ne shvatate zasto je Fiser zatvoren, Vi
znaci niste nabavili pomenutu knjigu u kojoj je Sam Sloan , americki
ekspert, kandidat za senat, Fiserov prijatelj koji je bio protiv
njegovog iskljucenja iz sahovske federacije Amerike crno na belo
ustina elektronski izjavio u knjizi - Isti greh kao sto je Fiser
ucinila je i americka sahovska federacija.

If this was what you have really told, then you have not
understood why Fisher had been arrested, then you have not
read (obtained) the quoted book, in which Sam Sloane, an American
expert, a senate candidate, Fisher's friend, who was against his
expulsion from the chess federation of America, wrote, in that book,
black on white, indeed electronically - The same offence as was Fisher's
has also been committed by the American chess federation.

Old May 23rd 05, 07:58 AM
Mike Murray

On Sun, 22 May 2005 18:23:24 -0400, "Angelo DePalma"
wrote:

[...]

Funniest post of the year, IMHO.

Old May 23rd 05, 09:48 AM
Mark Houlsby