Old May 30th 05, 01:26 AM
Chess One

Default marinello states her chess development philosophy

I am simply aghast at this letter.

Dispensing entirely with Eric Johnson's 'permission' to post this message
from an unstated source, as proxy hate-agent, the following text from the
President of USCF appears to refuse an offer of $40k of personal support for
a national effort to sponsor national chess, costing USCF nothing.

It is diffident about bringing young women into the game, and muddies around
the subject of who is doing what for who's benefit, finishing with the
astonishing and clashing remark that USCF will not honour its own obligation
to support the woman's Silver medal team.

USCF has reneged on its written financial support, and now blames 'legal
action' on other parties when they ask for their dues.

This sort of message should be posted in front of every sponsor that would
be attracted to the new BMCF as /their/ due.

If there was ever a clearer message about supporting chess development in
the USA from the head of the governing body of chess, here it is.

It is time to formally adopt another entity for chess development in
America.

The USCF President says that Gary Kasparov is shortly to attend a Kasparov
Foundation meeting in NY City. Gary Kasparov said that USCF is "dead".

Phil Innes

---------

I have received permission to post this -- it certainly sheds new light on
Polgar and Truong's claims of "working night and day -- volunteering -- for
chess."

They have been paid...over and over again...for what they do.

Frankly, Polgar and Truong come across as spoiled brats. IMHO they have a
victim mentality.

ECJ

****

Dear Susan and all:

This is very enlightening for me.

First of all, you did not offer to write a check for $40,000 to finance the
2006 US Women's Olympic Team. You offer to do fund raising for the 2006
Women's Olympic Team, the conditions of this offer were not very clear as
well as
the fact that we have a contractual obligation with the Kasparov Chess
Foundation which could be exercised by February 1, 2006. I realize that if
this group
does not sponsor the Women's Olympic Team it will be very late to do any
kind
of fundraising. For this reason, we are allocating funds to finance the
participation in the both teams in the upcoming Olympiad. Additionally, I
have
been talking to Michael Khodarkovsky about addressing this issue. Garry
Kasparov
will be in NYC by the end of this week to attend a KCF's Board Meeting,
probably they will have a reply for us. Why did you asked the USCF to make a
contract with you in this regard knowing that you have a contractual
obligation
with KCF?
Susan, you owned us an apology and explanation for this Internet attacks
which are misleading are do a lot damage to the image of the organization.

Secondly, I cannot image who was the BOARD MEMBER who send you an official
notification. I guess this member of the board can send the notification to
the
Executive Board for our information. Another point is you are free to raise
money for any project that enhances the mission of you foundation.

The USCF has been very generous with you, your Internet postings aiming to
discredit the organization by making misleading remarks are full of
deceptions.
You have a regular column in Chess Life, you were invited to all National
Scholastic Championships for the last two years which also include a very
good
financial packet, you were not a volunteer as you said many times, you got
paid
appropriately. Additionally, you took part in some promotional activities,
the USCF paid for this. On top of it, the USCF paid $20,000 toward a
training
program for the Olympiad.

You and your manager Paul Troung and you keep on insisting that I was
against
strongly objecting to the annual Susan Polgar Invitational for girls, which
provides $50,000 in cash and scholarships for top girls in America. This is
not true. I was present at the meeting when the creation of the tournament
was
discussed. This was in Los Angeles 2003 in the Women's Committee's Workshop,
I was not President of the USCF at that moment. Additionally, I did not
opposed..what I said is that I have ambiguous feelings about events just for
girls. I recognize all the good things that you doing for girls in chess.
However,
I was always a big admire of you and your sister for taking a strong
position
for women's in chess, including the fact that your family does not believe
in
segregating women in chess. I mentioned this fact to you before, but somehow
it continue coming from you in different Internet postings.
We should be very grateful to the University of Texas at Dallas for donating
a $40,000 scholarship for this event. The USCF pays for the logistical
expenses associate with this event, such as Tournament Director's fees.

You engaged in legal treats and actions against the USCF when you did not
get
your way. I am sorry things turned out the way they did, I think you are an
icon for American Chess.

Cordially,

Beatriz Marinello
USCF President

Old May 30th 05, 06:02 AM
The Historian

Chess One wrote:
I am simply aghast at this letter.

Since you've claimed to work with Trollgar, I'm not surprised.

"It is YOU, Brennan, who called the Jewish Grandmaster Susan Polgar
with whom
I work "Trollgar"..." -Phil Innes, April 3, 2005, HLAS

Old May 30th 05, 02:56 PM
StanB

"The Historian" wrote in message
oups.com...

Chess One wrote:
I am simply aghast at this letter.

Since you've claimed to work with Trollgar, I'm not surprised.

"It is YOU, Brennan, who called the Jewish Grandmaster Susan Polgar
with whom
I work "Trollgar"..." -Phil Innes, April 3, 2005, HLAS

One wonders who gave Phil permisssion to post the confidential letter that
was revealed to him.

Old May 30th 05, 04:01 PM
Chess One

Chess One wrote:
I am simply aghast at this letter.

Since you've claimed to work with Trollgar, I'm not surprised.

"It is YOU, Brennan, who called the Jewish Grandmaster Susan Polgar
with whom
I work "Trollgar"..." -Phil Innes, April 3, 2005, HLAS

One wonders who gave Phil permisssion to post the confidential letter that
was revealed to him.

Stan Booz, sort-of-spokesperson for USCF, wonders why Eric Johnson 'had
authority' to post Beatriz Marinello's letter in the Yahoo Fide group. And
now questions my need for 'permission' to post 'confidential' information
here.

The above message BTW as posted by Booz is a compilation of messages, and
not a sequence.

One question is who is this authority?
A second is why Eric Johnson who is not an official official, gets to make
the business public.
And the third question is why USCF would prevent a US team from winning a
medal at the Olympiads, especially since it does not cost USCF a red cent,
while $40,000 are gauranteed to support it from other soruces.

Does Stan Booz recognise this statement as the basis for the very existence
of USCF as a non-profit:-

"Make the promotion of the game of chess in the United States their
first priority in all decisions they make."

Phil Innes

Old May 30th 05, 05:32 PM
WPraeder

Chess One wrote:
[...]

Phil,

It appears there can be more than a single interpretation of the posted
letter. It is useful however to note that most do not recognize the
actual statement as the basis for the very existence of USCF as a
501(c)(4) not-for-profit - "The purpose of the Federation shall be
educational and instructional, to broaden and develop chess as art and
recreation, as a significant element of culture in America."

Regards,
Wayne Praeder
http://www.afpnet.org/tier3_cd.cfm?f...t_item_id=1230

Old May 30th 05, 06:08 PM
The Historian

Chess None wrote:

A second is why Eric Johnson who is not an official official, gets to make
the business public.

Despite the pleasure I get from knowing the honeymoon is over between
Chesspride and the Brattleboro Bedlam, I have to admit His I-ness has a
point. Using third parties as USCF spokesmen is bad form. BTW, Philth,
when Sam Sloan served as official unofficial spokesman for USCF, I
don't recall you complaining.

Old May 30th 05, 08:38 PM
Angelo DePalma

The content and syntax here are so muddled I can barely make heads or tails
of it.

Can someone please translate this for me?

adp
news:[email protected]

Old May 30th 05, 09:31 PM
StanB

Essentially it says, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

"Angelo DePalma" wrote in message

The content and syntax here are so muddled I can barely make heads or
tails of it.

Can someone please translate this for me?

adp
news:[email protected]

Old May 30th 05, 11:24 PM
Angelo DePalma

I guess I'll have to re-read the Name of the Rose.

"StanB" wrote in message
Essentially it says, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on
me.

"Angelo DePalma" wrote in message

The content and syntax here are so muddled I can barely make heads or
tails of it.

Can someone please translate this for me?

adp
news:[email protected]

Old May 31st 05, 01:07 AM

"The purpose of the Federation shall be
educational and instructional, to broaden and develop chess as art and
recreation, as a significant element of culture in America." (in a
Prader post)
A Tampa Bay Metro District umbrella, funded Mensa style, would most
certainly and significantly broaden and develop chess in the Tampa Bay
area. Certainly such an umbrella would be much better than the near
nothingness we've had in this area over the past 25 years.

Old Haasie