Old June 4th 05, 10:30 AM
sampay

Default time management

hello everyone
I am a research assistant in the MRC in cambridge, I am a chemist with
a master degree in italy
I started working 3 months ago for that position, and recently my line
manager give me a letter in which I wrote that i have problem with work
preparatio and planning work
engagement with my work
day time management, especially organisation and effectiveness
do you have any suggest for resolv this problem?
matteo

Old June 4th 05, 03:26 PM
Mike Murray

On 4 Jun 2005 02:30:54 -0700, "sampay"
wrote:

hello everyone
I am a research assistant in the MRC in cambridge, I am a chemist with
a master degree in italy
I started working 3 months ago for that position, and recently my line
manager give me a letter in which I wrote that i have problem with work
preparatio and planning work
engagement with my work
day time management, especially organisation and effectiveness
do you have any suggest for resolv this problem?
matteo

(1) Quit playing chess
(2) Limit use of non-work related Usenet and web-surfing
(3) Minimize "water-cooler" chit-chat.
(4) Recognize that the average person can do work requiring sustained
concentration for only about five or six hours a day. Try to keep
this block of time free from distractions. Use the remainder of the
work-day for organizational scut-work.
(4) Designate a block of time daily for reading and responding to
e-mail. Don't read your e-mails outside of this time block.
(5) Designate a block of time daily for answering phone calls. Let
the answering machine work for you.
(6) Keep a task list in priority order. Review it for about ten
minutes first thing in the morning.
(7) Quit thinking about chess.
(8) Quit thinking about sex.