Old June 5th 05, 11:05 AM

Default Sloan Slom mixup

It has been sort of reported on Chessgames.com that I am a state
senator from Hawaii.

http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessplayer?pid=10021

Citing

http://www.removerepublicans.com/danielakaka.html

However, this is an error. The state senator in Hawaii is named Sam
Slom, not Sam Sloan.

http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/site1/...press2=members

Old June 5th 05, 03:59 PM

Sam Sloan wrote:

It has been sort of reported on Chessgames.com that I am a state
senator from Hawaii.

If you are a state senator from Hawaii, why
not post in Hawaii news groups?

Old June 5th 05, 07:02 PM
David Ames

This may explain why the foreign-language report claimed Sam was a
senator.

Old June 5th 05, 07:09 PM
bluejack

Of course, it probably wouldn't surprise anyone if you turned out to
actually *be* a state senator from Hawaii. There's no story about Sam
Sloan too outrageous to actually be plausible.