Old June 6th 05, 06:36 AM

Default QUESTION TO JOEL CHANNING

"Beatriz,
Your posting shook me to the core and I feel compelled to confess. My
life's work - learning a profession, building a business, the public
service - all of it has lead me to this moment. I stand poised to
savor my life's ambition: to be the pawn of Don Schultz.
Joel"

Joel.- What I am questioning is your lack of independence and
inexperience in chess politics.

Don Schultz is your campaign's manager, he is also a close friend of
yours and he was the one bringing you into chess politics in the first
place.

Your views on chess politics are colored by Don's influence. You may
be a good businessperson, but you are a "newcomer" in chess. Your
biggest involvement so far is through your appointment as a member of
the US Chess Trust.

Your track record is connected with your involvement with the Palm
Beach Garden's proposal, your role as a Trustee and your recent
attendance to tournaments and meetings.

If you get elected, it's logical to assume that you will have a
learning curve in which Don Schultz will be your mentor. I know many
wealthy people, mostly in NYC, but I also know that being rich is not
enough to be equipped with the experience and knowledge in chess to
become a member of the Executive Board.

Don Schultz has been working very hard in your campaign, your selling
points are that you have financial resources and business background.
However, I was shocked when at our last Executive Board meeting, you
supported the idea of giving free advertising in Chess Life's magazine
to Erik Schiller and the group of writers he said he was representing.
Also, you proposed to use this as a leverage to renegotiate the B&E
contract. You even said to the group that they have a basis for a class
action suit against the USCF (we have this on tape since It was discuss
in open session) I am not an attorney, but your comments IMO were
influence by the desire to get votes from this people.

If you and Bill Goichberg get elected to the EB, I am asking you
directly will you be supporting Bill Goichberg for USCF President?

Beatriz Marinello

Old June 6th 05, 01:58 PM

MARINELLO VS. CHANNING

I was shocked when at our last Executive Board meeting, you supported
the idea of giving free advertising in Chess Life's magazine to Erik
Schiller and the group of writers he said he was representing. Also,
you proposed to use this as a leverage to renegotiate the B&E contract.
You even said to the group that they have a basis for a class action
suit against the USCF (we have this on tape since It was discuss in
open session) I am not an attorney, but your comments IMO were
influence by the desire to get votes from this people. Beatriz
Marinello

ChessCafe, the USCF book marketer, has been
boycotting several titles from both Cardoza Press and
from Ray Keene's and Lord Hardinge's business in
England. Among the books that have been blacklisted
is the 1996 USCF Cramer book of the year, The Bobby
Fischer I Knew and Other Stories, by Arnold Denker and this writer.

Is there a basis for a class-action suit? I
have a hunch we will be finding out. Joel Channing's
opinion ought to be heard on the matter, and if his
opinion has any merit, then he has offered the
Federation a signal service.

Meanwhile, at the last Board meeting, the issue
of terms from a bank in Crossville came up; and the
Board majority sought Mr. Channing's expertise on what
will be -- if it ever takes place -- the biggest USCF
project (fiasco) in the next several years.

Old June 6th 05, 10:38 PM
StanB

wrote in message
oups.com...

Is there a basis for a class-action suit? I
have a hunch we will be finding out. Joel Channing's
opinion ought to be heard on the matter, and if his
opinion has any merit, then he has offered the
Federation a signal service.

Just what we need, another guardhouse lawyer.