Old June 16th 05, 07:21 AM
Grider

Default Does George John Really Exist?

And here I was trying to decide who to vote for...then, I decided to
be a troll and visit rgcp to see what the behind the scenes looked
like.

I thank you Sam Sloan...Due to your pigginess, and overall
****headedness, you've helped me make up my mind and just lost my
vote.

Good luck watching from the outside.

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 03:31:14 GMT, (Sam Sloan)
wrote:

Does George John Really Exist?

I continue to be flabbergasted by the statements written about George
John by people who could not possibly know whether what they are
writing is true or not. For example, Bruce Leverett wrote that George
John is "a smart guy".

How does Bruce Leverett know this? Interesting coincidence: It so
happens that George John is rated exactly 1001 points lower than Bruce
Leverett. It seems surprising that anyone would write that anyone
rated one thousand points lower than himself is a smart guy. If that
is true, then how much lower would he have to be to be a stupid guy?

This led me to wonder how much do we actually know about George John .
What better place to go to than his own website:

http://georgejohn.bcentralhost.com/U...hessResume.htm

Take a close look. While his resume may seem impressive, it provides
no VERIFIABLE information about himself outside of chess. For example,
it does not state when and where he was born, where he went to high
school, what specific jobs he has held and where his specific
employment is today.

It does not provide his home address, whether he is married or single
or any of the other information one would expect to find in a resume.

It states that he has "25+ years in software development and
information technology" but does not state the name of the company
where he worked to gain this experience.

It does give a list of VOLUNTEER positions he has held. For example,
it says that he was volunteer of the month for Crisis Hotline, a
United Way Agency. While this may be a noble deed, I doubt that it can
be verified because few organizations keep records of their
volunteers.

I know what you are thinking. You are thinking that you know that
George John exists because you met the man, he attended a meeting of
this or that, and you are sure that you were not looking at a ghost.

However, how do you know that the man you met is really named George
John. Have you ever seen his photo ID? How do you know that John is
not his middle name rather than his last name?

By the way, we have a really strong chess player named Robert James. I
mean this guy is really good. However, that is another story.

Somebody once told me that the real name is not George John but rather
George St. John. Therefore, I just did an Internet search for George
St. John and came up with zero, just as I have come up with nothing
outside of chess about George John.

Now, look at the other candidates. We know enough about all of them to
know that they are all real people using their real names, not fake
personalities using fake names. George John is the only one whose
existence cannot be independently verified.

We know that Stan Booz has run a background check on me and has
verified that I am who I say that I am. I would like to know if Stan
Booz has ever run a background check on George John. I note that
recently Stan Booz started making sarcastic remarks and veiled attacks
on George John. Does Stan know something the rest of us do not know
yet?

I believe that the name George John is likely a pseudonym or at least
that John is not his last name. I do not believe that he will be
elected but I believe that if he is elected he should be required to
prove that his real name is George John and, if his real name is not
George John, he should not be allowed to take office on the USCF
Executive Board.

By the way, on the subject of background checks, did anybody ever do a
background check on George DeFeis and Frank Niro, our last two
executive directors? I consider it possible that one or both of them
pumped up their qualifications for office, to our great detriment.

Old June 16th 05, 06:27 PM
Jerzy

"Greg" wrote in message
t...
"Sam Sloan" However, how do you know that the man you met is really
named
George John. Have you ever seen his photo ID?

His real name is John Paul George Ringo.

Bingo !

BTW Oftentimes Sam`s posts are really funny :-)

Old June 17th 05, 02:13 AM
[email protected]

HIS REAL IDENTITY

George John's real name is Purvis Ivan Melanchton, and he hails from
the plains just beyond the Urals. Geoffrey Gorer, the psychologist and
anthropologist, writes that Purvis spent his early years gazing
wistfully at the horizonless Great Steppe, developing a yearning to
EXPAND, which had been further buttressed by his parents swaddling him
as a baby, thereby restricting his movements and creating frustrations.
This combination of restriction together with the Big Sky vistas of
his early manhood had the lad literally ballooning from within in a
desire to get out.

In the confusion of the early to mid-1950s, Purvis slowly
walked and, when necessary, crawled through the wheat fields of the
Ukraine as he headed westward. Progress was slow, but the pulse
quickened with every inch gained. (Hence the fast heartbeat noted in
several insurance physical exams that he later took Stateside.)

Purvis eventually stumbled in to West Berlin, having
miraculously negotiated the dangers of the Berlin Wall three years
before it was built. Army MPs at Checkpoint Charlie adopted him as a
company mascot. For nearly a year he learned the patois of several
Texans who were serving in Berlin.

The goatee and Mephistophelian aspect that today denotes the
appearance of Mr. John were later accretions during the culturation
process of the late 1960s, when he applied his chess talents to
computer programming.

Vote for George John, ne Purvis Ivan Melanchton.

Old June 17th 05, 02:17 AM
[email protected]

Questions Larry Parr refuses to answer (links to Sam Sloan's website):

http://www.shamema.com/pokeplot.htm

1. How old is Misty?

http://www.shamema.com/pokepoll.htm

2. What thought experiment involves Misty?

Old June 17th 05, 02:50 AM
Vince Hart

Questions Larry Parr refuses to answer (links to Sam Sloan's website):

http://www.shamema.com/pokeplot.htm

1. How old is Misty?

http://www.shamema.com/pokepoll.htm

2. What thought experiment involves Misty?

By "f**k," I am sure Sam meant "dally" which of course refers to
harmless flirtation. Of course, even if Sam was using "f**k" to refer
to sexual intercouse, this was clearly meaningless since Pokemon
characters don't really exist. On the other hand, in Sam's delusional
world he may actually believe they exist, in which case your point is
well taken.

Old June 17th 05, 04:19 AM
[email protected]

Nothing wrong with sexual fantasy; I'm not a prude.

But when that fantasy involves minors (even fictional characters), and
the fantasy is put on a public site ***VIRTUALLY GUARANTEED TO DRAW
TRAFFIC FROM MINORS*** (the subject matter of these pages was one of
the top three preoccupations of preteens circa 1999-2000), then it's
fair game to inquire as to the intentions of the publisher of the
website.

Who is the intended audience for the various web pages on the Sloan
sites? The "adults only" page has so many kiddie links, and the
otherwise pure Pok=E9mon pages have XXX links.

Rather confusing, eh?

Old June 17th 05, 03:33 PM
Larry Tapper

Grider writes:

"And here I was trying to decide who to vote for...then, I decided to
be a troll and visit rgcp to see what the behind the scenes looked
like."

"I thank you Sam Sloan...Due to your pigginess, and overall
****headedness, you've helped me make up my mind and just lost my
vote."

"Good luck watching from the outside."

Seriously, I'm glad to see that someone is checking out rgcp and coming
to that conclusion. I think that Sam Sloan has two missions, both of
which he's willing to pursue with manic intensity: (1) Continue his
obsessive campaign against Beatriz Marinello and her allies by any
means necessary, including random mudslinging and rumor-mongering; (2)
As usual, draw maximum attention to himself any way he can.

If Sloan were elected to the Board, it would be a never-ending circus
and twice the joke it is already. And it seems to me that there's some
chance of this actually happening, because in today's political
climate, notoriety often beats obscurity. This is why I'm making a
point of voting this year myself. And my recommendation to other USCF
members is to be sure and vote for four candidates who can fog up a
mirror and who are not Sam Sloan.

Larry T.

Old June 18th 05, 09:20 AM
Jerzy

"Larry Tapper" wrote in message
oups.com...

Grider writes:

"And here I was trying to decide who to vote for...then, I decided to
be a troll and visit rgcp to see what the behind the scenes looked
like."

"I thank you Sam Sloan...Due to your pigginess, and overall
****headedness, you've helped me make up my mind and just lost my
vote."

"Good luck watching from the outside."

Seriously, I'm glad to see that someone is checking out rgcp and coming
to that conclusion.

They should read carefully also posts of present EB members of the USCF
posting here. They are no better than Sam and Sam has several advantages
over them :-)

Old June 18th 05, 09:51 AM
The Historian

Grider writes:

"And here I was trying to decide who to vote for...then, I decided to
be a troll and visit rgcp to see what the behind the scenes looked
like."

"I thank you Sam Sloan...Due to your pigginess, and overall
****headedness, you've helped me make up my mind and just lost my
vote."

"Good luck watching from the outside."

Seriously, I'm glad to see that someone is checking out rgcp and coming
to that conclusion.

They should read carefully also posts of present EB members of the USCF
posting here. They are no better than Sam and Sam has several advantages
over them :-)

Jerzy, you forgot to take your Natrol this morning....