Old June 18th 05, 10:03 PM
Jerzy

Default Grudge match: Sloan vs. Kingston or Sloan vs. Bauer.

2. Randy Bauer has never played a published game.

This game has also showed up in a few places. IM Mike Brooks was, for a
time, a
player few GMs wanted to face. My record with him is something like -2
=3.
This is the game I thought would even the score. It was analyzed by both
GM
Yermolinsky and me:

White: IM Mike Brooks (2558) Black: NM Randy Bauer (2212)
Midwest Open, 10-20-90

(...)
46...Qb7+? Kf1 1-0

OK Randy and now publish a game which you won with an IM ;-)

BTW I`ve noticed that USCF ratings are, as a rule, higher then FIDE ratings
at least 100 points i.e. players of the same strength have higher ratings in
the USA than e.g. in Europe.

Regards,

Jerzy

Old June 18th 05, 10:28 PM
Randy Bauer

"Jerzy" wrote in message
[...]

I have a couple, but they aren't good games. I reserve the right to only
publish games I find interesting.

I think the difference between ratings has been mitigated of late, but if
you wish to call me a 2200 player, that is fine.

I would note, however, that when I quit playing, I was gaining quite a lot
of rating points. The hiatus was based on my career; my guess is I would
have gained another 50-100 points based on the way I was playing at the
time.

Randy Bauer

Old June 18th 05, 10:29 PM
Taylor Kingston

Jerzy wrote:
OK Randy and now publish a game which you won with an IM ;-)

The point was that Sloan had falsely claimed that none of Bauer's
games had been published. Whether Bauer beat Brooks or not is
immaterial; what matters in this argument is that the game *was*
published. In other words, Sloan is wrong (lying?) again.
I know, this is not exactly news -- pretty much everyone but Sloan
and Parr already know that Sloan is frequently wrong or lying.
Actually, I am sure Parr knows it, but he is too dishonest to admit it.
As for Sloan, any correlation between his stated beliefs and the facts
seems to be entirely accidental.

Old June 18th 05, 10:30 PM

I agree with Mr. Bauer's assessment of Michael Brooks, who is possibly
one of the more talented American IMs never to become a GM. For an
example of IM Brooks beating up on a weaker player, I offer the
following:

Strayer,G (2310) - Brooks,M (2440) [E61]
La Habra FIDE Invitational, 1992

1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 g6 3.Nc3 Bg7 4.Nf3 0-0 5.Bf4 d6 6.h3 Nbd7 7.e3 b6 8.Be2
Bb7 9.0-0 Re8 10.Qc2 e5 11.Bh2 exd4 12.exd4 Ne4 13.Rfe1 Nxc3 14.bxc3
Be4 15.Qa4 Nf8 16.Rad1 Qd7 17.Qb3 Qf5 18.Qb5 a6 19.Qb4 Bh6 20.d5 Bxf3
21.Bxf3 Bd2 22.Rxe8 Rxe8 23.Bg3 Re1+ 24.Rxe1 Bxe1 25.c5 bxc5 26.Qb7
Bxc3 27.Qxa6 Qc2 28.Qa7 c4 29.Qxc7 Bb4 30.Bxd6 0-1

The last half a dozen moves were played in extreme time pressure, and
my flag fell as I played the final move to make the time control,
30.Bxd6. (This is the only time I recall losing on time in a
tournament game.) Of course, White's position is lost in any event,
and has been bad for quite a while.

IM Brooks ended up winning this Category 2 (!) Tournament (okay, so it
wasn't exactly Linares) by half a point.

- Geof Strayer

Old June 18th 05, 10:41 PM
Jerzy

OK Randy and now publish a game which you won with an IM ;-)

I have a couple, but they aren't good games. I reserve the right to only
publish games I find interesting.

OK Randy so, as a matter of fact, you haven`t any victories such as Sam
Sloan vs. Walter Brown to boast off and publish e.g. here.

Old June 18th 05, 10:45 PM
Jerzy

OK Randy and now publish a game which you won with an IM ;-)

The point was that Sloan had falsely claimed that none of Bauer's
games had been published. Whether Bauer beat Brooks or not is
immaterial; what matters in this argument is that the game *was*
published. In other words, Sloan is wrong (lying?) again.
I know, this is not exactly news -- pretty much everyone but Sloan
and Parr already know that Sloan is frequently wrong or lying.
Actually, I am sure Parr knows it, but he is too dishonest to admit it.
As for Sloan, any correlation between his stated beliefs and the facts
seems to be entirely accidental.

Taylor, pls excuse me but you seem to overreact.

If you want to be honest anymore you should stop immediately your
private
crusade against Sam. Try to write sth productive e.g. about Botvinnik-Keres
case and reveal the mystery behind it ;-)

Old June 18th 05, 10:57 PM
Taylor Kingston

Jerzy wrote:
If you want to be honest anymore you should stop immediately your
private
crusade against Sam.

Jerzy, your logic eludes me. You consider it dishonest to point out
Sloan's dishonesty?

Old June 18th 05, 11:06 PM
Jerzy

If you want to be honest anymore you should stop immediately your
private
crusade against Sam.

Jerzy, your logic eludes me. You consider it dishonest to point out
Sloan's dishonesty?

Nope, Taylor. Look at yourself if you can. :-)

Old June 18th 05, 11:06 PM
Mark Houlsby

Jerzy is a troll. A pathetic troll, to be sure, but a troll,
nevertheless.

Old June 18th 05, 11:13 PM
Randy Bauer

"Jerzy" wrote in message
OK Randy and now publish a game which you won with an IM ;-)

I have a couple, but they aren't good games. I reserve the right to only
publish games I find interesting.

OK Randy so, as a matter of fact, you haven`t any victories such as Sam
Sloan vs. Walter Brown to boast off and publish e.g. here.

My recollection was that the Sloan win over Browne was long before he was a
GM or U.S. Champion. My dad had lots of wins against me before I became an
NM, but that doesn't make him an NM.

Randy Bauer