Old June 19th 05, 01:23 PM
Tyrone Slothrop

Default $800 already pledged for Sloan vs. Brock Grudge Match! Need $200 more!

Call to potential sponsors:

We are up to $800 in pledges. We need to raise $200 in additional
pledges for the 1st Annual RGCP Grudge Match. This is just four $50
pledges to see this first-time-in-the-history-of-RGCP event happen!

See the RGCP posting entitled:
"Grudge Match - Sloan vs. Brock: Need $200, an arbiter, & Sloan to
agree on date"

Old June 19th 05, 02:08 PM

I have been authorized to announce that Chesstours, the syndicate that
distributes the weekly column Evans On Chess, pledges $200 to the Sloan
vs. Brock match. The only stipulation is that Sam arrives by plane and
has a day of rest in Chicago before it begins.

Old June 19th 05, 02:28 PM
Tyrone Slothrop

$1000! The prize fund is conditionally raised!

But it depends on another $120 (airline ticket) and $50 (motel) being
raised from sponsors.

So we are about net-$30 closer to the goal for this Grudge Match!

Sam, answer on the terms please. More sponsors, come out of the
woodwork. We need $170 more.

Old June 19th 05, 02:30 PM
StanB

wrote in message
oups.com...

I have been authorized to announce that Chesstours, the syndicate that
distributes the weekly column Evans On Chess, pledges $200 to the Sloan
vs. Brock match. The only stipulation is that Sam arrives by plane and
has a day of rest in Chicago before it begins.

Tell him to fly in a day earlier. It's only a two hour max flight. In fact
I'm flying there this afternoon for an AM meeting tomorrow and I'll be home
tomorrow evening.Takes longer to get to Atlantic City.

Old June 19th 05, 04:01 PM
samsloan

Tyrone Slothrop wrote:
$1000! The prize fund is conditionally raised!

But it depends on another $120 (airline ticket) and $50 (motel) being
raised from sponsors.

So we are about net-$30 closer to the goal for this Grudge Match!

Sam, answer on the terms please. More sponsors, come out of the
woodwork. We need $170 more.

Do not worry about me. I agree to all conditions.

I need Brock to do my wife's tax return anyway.

Old June 19th 05, 05:31 PM
[email protected]

GRUDGE MATCH?

Do not worry about me. I agree to all conditions. I need Brock to do
my wife's tax return anyway. Sam Sloan

2300+ Elo Natrol Master Kingston has turned down a match with Sam
Sloan, employing the proud-man-contumely malarky. So it will be Bill
Brock instead.

But it takes two to grudge-o. I have no doubt Mr. Brock hates
and despises Sam Sloan. However, I fear that Mr. Sloan has no feelings
one way or the other about Mr. Brock.
..
Sam: please reassure Tyrone Slothrop that you can work yourself
up into a titanic hatred. Otherwise, it ain't really a grudge match.

Old June 19th 05, 05:39 PM
[email protected]

NO FREE RIDE, THANK YOU

To Bill Brock,

It would be immoral for you to purchase a Federation membership on
my behalf for three reasons:

1. Until the drug testing business is cleared up, I do not intend to
be a member;

2. I can pay for myself and have offered to pay all back membership if
and when the board takes a firm and unequivocal stand against FIDE drug
testing;

3. There actually are some people who cannot pay for themselves, who
could use this largesse.

As for my address, it is no secret. It was posted here before,
and I am certain Louis Blair could find it in no time flat.

Old June 19th 05, 06:06 PM
Jürgen R.

On 19 Jun 2005 06:08:56 -0700, "
wrote:

I have been authorized to announce that Chesstours, the syndicate that
distributes the weekly column Evans On Chess, pledges $200 to the Sloan
vs. Brock match. The only stipulation is that Sam arrives by plane and
has a day of rest in Chicago before it begins.

Why take all the charm out of it?

He should be required to travel by Greyhound Bus and to sleep in the
bus station for 3 nights.

Old June 19th 05, 08:12 PM
[email protected]

Good. Now it's important to set the date ASAP so a cheap fare can be
obtained.