Old June 20th 05, 03:27 AM

Default need an answer on the revised terms!

**pasted from the Grudge Match thread**

Revised terms: would you be willing to complete all four games in one
day? I can't do the 27th.

June 26: G/75 (+ 5" Bronstein)

10 a.m.
1 p.m.
4 p.m.
7 p.m.

Old June 20th 05, 03:43 AM

On 19 Jun 2005 19:27:09 -0700, "
wrote:

**pasted from the Grudge Match thread**

Revised terms: would you be willing to complete all four games in one
day? I can't do the 27th.

June 26: G/75 (+ 5" Bronstein)

10 a.m.
1 p.m.
4 p.m.
7 p.m.

OK. I agree if my backers agree.

I think we need to get this broadcast on ICC. It will be a big draw.

Old June 20th 05, 03:50 AM

Done.

Old June 20th 05, 04:06 AM
[email protected]

I think your 1st calc was the correct one. The rating gap suggests I
should score about 62.5%, or 2.5 points. But he only needs 2 points to
win.

Assume 25% of games are draw (fight to death, but chess is a draw,
isn't it?). That suggests I'd win 2/3 of the remaining games (50% of
total), & he'd win 1/3 (25% of total) = gets me exactly to 62.5%
expected score.

Half of the results (draw or win) are favorable for him. Win is really
good for him--he has a chance of an early closeout; I don't. So he's
obviously the statistical favorite.

Old June 20th 05, 04:10 AM
Paul Rubin

" writes:
Half of the results (draw or win) are favorable for him. Win is really
good for him--he has a chance of an early closeout; I don't. So he's
obviously the statistical favorite.

No I think you are the heavy favorite based on a 4 game match and 111
point ratings difference. Unless I made an error, the draw odds
aren't enough to overcome that difference.

How are colors supposed to be chosen for round 1?
Old June 20th 05, 04:16 AM
Tyrone Slothrop

Backers? No. Grudge Match sponsors. I can not be said to be a backer
of either side. I doubt that StanB who has offered $200 to the prize
fund would be caught dead "backing" you. He and I and the other
sponsors are only sponsors of the match. Most would probably just as
soon see the money won for the charities.

Let's try for this 26th date, but it will be tight. We are short at
least $170 (more if Evans backs out). There also is no arbiter yet.

The moment an arbiter is appointed, I assume the full set of current
sponsors, including myself, would be willing to send their pledges to
the arbiter.

Are you sure that you and Bill aren't willing to move this until the
3rd? I feel much better (logistically) about the 3rd. That would give
us an extra week to get everything pulled together.

Old June 20th 05, 04:23 AM

On 19 Jun 2005 19:51:50 -0700, Paul Rubin
wrote:

(Sam Sloan) writes:
I think we need to get this broadcast on ICC.

FICS

It will be a big draw.

Even with the draw odds, my current calculation is that Brock is a
heavy favorite. I was mistaken earlier.

I disagree. I think that objectively the match is nearly even. In a
four game match, draw odds is significant because all I have to do is
win two games and I win the match.

If the match were only three games, Brock might be the favorite
because I rarely draw a game. My games are too wild for draws. Thus, I
would have to win two games to win a three game match. It is obviously
easier to win two games in a four game match.

Brock does have one significant advantage however. Most of my games
get published. None of his are. So, he will have all of my games, I
will have none of his. I will have to decide whether I need to invent
some new openings for this match.

I do believe that I will win this match however. Brock is a real
player but he is not that strong. I will have proper motivation and I
should be able to beat him, possible easily.

Perhaps I should wear a Pikachu outfit for the games.

Old June 20th 05, 04:23 AM
Randy Bauer

I will gladly provide my $100 check prior to the event. However, should
Bill win (expected) I would ask that my check be sent directly to his
charities, for tax purposes.

Randy Bauer

"Tyrone Slothrop" wrote in message
oups.com...
Backers? No. Grudge Match sponsors. I can not be said to be a backer
of either side. I doubt that StanB who has offered $200 to the prize
fund would be caught dead "backing" you. He and I and the other
sponsors are only sponsors of the match. Most would probably just as
soon see the money won for the charities.

Let's try for this 26th date, but it will be tight. We are short at
least $170 (more if Evans backs out). There also is no arbiter yet.

The moment an arbiter is appointed, I assume the full set of current
sponsors, including myself, would be willing to send their pledges to
the arbiter.

Are you sure that you and Bill aren't willing to move this until the
3rd? I feel much better (logistically) about the 3rd. That would give
us an extra week to get everything pulled together.

Old June 20th 05, 04:28 AM
[email protected]

Don't back out now...we're In the Zone.

good night for real....