Old June 20th 05, 03:29 PM
Tyrone Slothrop

Default Revised Terms - 1st Annual RGCP Grudge Match

Copied from another message.

FIRST ANNUAL RGCP GRUDGE MATCH:
Sloan vs. Brock in Chicago, draw odds to Sloan

MATCH TERMS (ver. 3):

Venue: Offices of William H. Brock, Ltd.
(address found he
http://www.billbrock.net/conta=ADct.html)
Playing room: Bill Brock's 4th floor conference room
Date: June 26, 2005
Match Schedule: Round 1: 10 a.m.
Round 2: 1 p.m.
Round 3: 4 p.m. (if necessary)
Round 4: 7 p.m. (if necessary)
Prize Fund: $1000, Winner takes all
Match Arbiter: ???? (we need an arbiter!)
Match Conditions: Winner is the first person to
2.0 (if Sloan) or 2.5 (if Brock)
Time Controls: G/75 (+ 5" Bronstein)
Match Rules: USCF's Official Rules of Chess,
5th edition
Rules of Note: 1. No cellphones
2. No baby in playing room
3. Baby at venue,outside of playing
room, only if accompanied by another
adult person (e.g., babysitter)
4. Restroom runs only when accompanied
by match arbiter
Other: 1. Sam Sloan will be provided $350-worth
of RT airfare to Chicago and
accommodations for the evening of
June 25, 2005
2. An small honorarium may be supplied
to the arbiter (details to be worked
out)
3. Arbiter would be holder of the $1000
prize fund and would handle the
disbursement thereof
4. Arbiter would enter the moves as
played into ICC
5. Coffee/water to be supplied by Bill
Brock
6. Game scores to be posted to RGCP

Date: June 26, 2005
Match Schedule: Round 1: 10 a.m.
[...]

Will it be USCF rated? I would prefer this although it is not
necessary.

Old June 20th 05, 05:00 PM

yes

Old June 20th 05, 05:04 PM
Duncan Oxley

Do you need a TD to submit the games for ratings?

And do you need an ICC account to broadcast the games?

If needed I can handle both of those.

Duncan

wrote in message
oups.com...
yes

Old June 20th 05, 06:06 PM
George John

Unless the policy has changed, and IIRC, this is a valid match (since
the rating difference is less than 400 points). No TD need be present
provided the result is signed by a public notary. The resulting rating
change from this match may not exceed 50 points, and rating changes
over the past three years, as the result of match play, may not
exceeded 200 rating points for either player.

I do not know what the current rating fees are for match play. I
looked on the USCF Website for information on match play, and found
nothing (doesn't mean it's not there though. Sometimes information on
the USCF Website is tricky to find).

Best regards,

George John

Old June 20th 05, 09:59 PM

I let my ICC account lapse; too much temptation.

I would imagine the arbiter would submit the games; I will reimburse
any related costs out of my pocket, whatever the result. (Something
like $10 min. for an event, right?)

Duncan Oxley wrote:
Do you need a TD to submit the games for ratings?

And do you need an ICC account to broadcast the games?

If needed I can handle both of those.

Duncan

wrote in message
oups.com...
yes

Old June 21st 05, 12:41 AM
Duncan Oxley

It's 40 Cents a game with a $8.00 minimum.

Plus 2 bucks if you want a crosstable mailed to you.

Look he http://www.uschess.org/about/forms/00tmtrep.PDF

Not rocket science. I also made you an ICC account for the Arbiter
or whoever to transmit the moves.

Password and details to follow in a private email. GRUDGE05 is
the account name.

Duncan

ups.com...

Duncan Oxley wrote:
Do you need a TD to submit the games for ratings?

And do you need an ICC account to broadcast the games?

If needed I can handle both of those.

Duncan

wrote in message
oups.com...
yes

Old June 21st 05, 04:34 PM
Tyrone Slothrop

Sam, Bill:

As a sponsor, could I ask that both Sam Sloan and Bill Brock plan to
show up at the game site at the very least by _9:30AM_ on the June
26th, 30 minutes in advance of the start time for Game 1?

This particular sponsor would not like to "pay" to see Game 1 forfeited
only because one of the players didn't show or couldn't find the proper
route from his hotel to the venue in question or didn't anticipate
Chicago traffic or traffic patterns or simply "got lost" or forgot that
there is a timezone change. (Obviously all this applies more to Mr.
Sloan who would be a guest in Chicago!)

Old June 21st 05, 04:52 PM
Vince Hart

If Sam lets me know where he is staying, I will pick him up at 9:00 and
take him to Bill's office.

Vince Hart

Old June 22nd 05, 01:33 AM

On 21 Jun 2005 08:52:34 -0700, "Vince Hart"
wrote:

If Sam lets me know where he is staying, I will pick him up at 9:00 and
take him to Bill's office.

Vince Hart

I do not know where I will be staying and it has been many years since
I visited Chicago, except that I was there for the 1998 US Shogi
Championship.

Kindly recommend to me a place with very reasonable accommodations.