Old June 21st 05, 07:15 AM

Default Jezebel - A Southern Belle for Chessdon?

http://tinyurl.com/8kzmg

The response to Bruce Leverett's question is the relevant item; the
poster understood who Bruce was implying without any context
whatsoever.

bellsouth.net of course

Old June 21st 05, 07:25 AM

If Sam Sloan has one virtue, it is his catholicity.

Here's another post by Sam posing as "Jezebel" - the linked material is
really not workplace-safe at all

http://tinyurl.com/asdwy

Old June 21st 05, 01:59 PM

On 20 Jun 2005 23:25:25 -0700, "
wrote:

If Sam Sloan has one virtue, it is his catholicity.

Here's another post by Sam posing as "Jezebel" - the linked material is
really not workplace-safe at all

http://tinyurl.com/asdwy

It is a total mystery to me why you believe that almost anybody who
posts anonymously is either me or Don Schultz.

As just about everybody knows, I never do that. I want a permanent
record kept of everything I wrote.

I doubt that Don Schultz even knows how to do that. As a former
employee of IBM, he knows very little about computers.

If you want to look for a culpret, why not think about Jim Eade or Tim
Just or Kevin Bachler or Bruce Draney or Tom Dorsch. All of them are
known to post under fake IDs.

In adfdition, it is estimated that there are over 10,000 regular
readers of this newsgroup. The actual number is probably much higher,
and few of them ever post. .Any of them could be the authors of the
postings you dislike.

Old June 21st 05, 02:44 PM

It is estimated that there are over 10,000 regular readers of this
newsgroup. The actual number is probably much higher, and few of them
ever post. .Any of them could be the authors of the
postings you dislike. Sam Sloan

The four-letter boys are so busy with their ad hominem attacks and
patting themselves on the back that they don't realize how offensive
they are to observers.

Old June 21st 05, 03:18 PM
Bruce Leverett

I was too squeamish, myself, to call the attention of RGCP to this
message. But I remember, when it was posted in early May, realizing
that it was more or less a signed confession. I am glad to see that I
am not alone in drawing this conclusion.

Old June 21st 05, 03:24 PM
Mark Houlsby

Careful Bruce, "four-letter" Parr is liable now to accuse you of ad
hominem....

Old June 21st 05, 03:42 PM
Tyrone Slothrop

Sam Sloan wrote:
On 20 Jun 2005 23:25:25 -0700, "
Here's another post by Sam posing as "Jezebel" - the linked material is
really not workplace-safe at all

http://tinyurl.com/asdwy

... As just about everybody knows, I never do that. I want a permanent
record kept of everything I wrote. ...

You know Bill, this is the part that doesn't make sense to me at all.
If I were a detective, I'd say that based on circumstantial evidence,
the shoe just doesn't fit.

Sam is a person that cross-posts to every possibly related newsgroup
his most outrageous statements. He posts scores from decades-old chess
games just to archive them somewhere. He revels in getting attention.
If our were a psychologist, I might find in this behavior the root of
his psychological defect.

Why, would Sam *ever* post as someone else? I just don't see the
motive. It simply doesn't fit his observable character pattern.
Posting as someone else, I bet Sam would see it as an opportunity lost.
Sort of like forgetting to include that one marginally-relevant
newsgroup in his "To:" line.

Old June 21st 05, 03:52 PM
Mark Houlsby

He does it when he's cornered. Like any rat.

"But oh-oh, waitaminute--if they've found the uniform, Marvy ID and
cocaine in the same set of pockets, maybe it isn't such a hot idea to
tell them his name just yet. . . .
'Leftenant Slothrop, we presume. Come along, now.'
He keeps silent. Slothrop, O.K., we'll just wait, see what the score
is, square the dope thing later, play dumb, say it must've been
planted. Maybe even find him a Jewish lawyer good enough to nail the
'suckers for false arrest."

Old June 21st 05, 03:56 PM
Tyrone Slothrop

Sam also said something a few months ago that I thought rang true. That
is that if he were to post as someone else, he would be more likely to
attack his own viewpoint than support it.

I think Sam's assertion makes a lot of sense. In fact, I would even say
it shows some introspective insight, something that is lacking in a lot
of mentally ill people. Because in truth, Sam really *is* the sort who
will use any excuse to expound on whatever wretched idea he has. I
also believe that if Sam were post as someone else, it might be more of
the following type of exchange:

Sam: "... that notorious lesbian, Beatriz Marinello, blah blah
blah"

Pseudo-Sam: "How can you accuse Ms. Marinello of being a lesbian
without proof? And what relevance would that possibly have to the
leadership of the USCF?"

Sam (in all of his wretched glory): "You must be new to this group. Why
of course Beatriz is a lesbian. I know this because three paragraphs
of marginally-related explanation. As everyone knows, Beatriz is the
worst add various illogical claims here."

Tyrone Slothrop wrote:
On 20 Jun 2005 23:25:25 -0700, "