Old August 21st 05, 10:21 PM

Default the author of the first draft of the Wikipedia Sloan article

Charming fellow (follow the link):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Amorrow

Good to know Sloan's "fans" are literally fascists.

Old August 22nd 05, 11:18 AM
David Ames

Nothing to be seen. User AMorrow has been blocked indefinitely.

Old August 22nd 05, 04:41 PM

click thru to link [1] for the reason

Old August 23rd 05, 02:42 PM
Taylor Kingston

Charming fellow (follow the link):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Amorrow

Good to know Sloan's "fans" are literally fascists.

Bill, what leads you to that conclusion?

Old August 23rd 05, 02:47 PM
[email protected]

click thru to link [1] for this charming passage:

The German High Command knew how to maintain order and discipline.
You screw up, I take a real, live bystander and shoot him in the head.
[[Michael Sylvester]]. It is that simple and it is your fault. Please
notify me before you add any more vfd's to pages that I have created.
We negotiate first from now on, buddy.

Old August 23rd 05, 05:57 PM
[email protected]

OK, by "fascist" I did not mean "state capitalist," but rather someone
who is sympathetic to "an autocratic system [...] often accompanied by
[...] forcible suppression of all criticism or opposition." Note the
internal wiki link (now inactive) in the cited passage.

NPOV is a good thing: the article still needs work....

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...did=2000 8931

Old August 23rd 05, 05:58 PM
[email protected]

Uh, yeah.

Old August 23rd 05, 06:06 PM
[email protected]

I may be on a fool's errand, trying to give Parr and Sloan any
benefit of the doubt, but there are so many genuine grounds for
criticizing them that I hardly think we need bother with the sort of
contrived or weak attempts seen here recently.

I grant your larger point that this is merely slung mud and not a
genuine ground for attacking Sloan (who is about to out persons as yet
unnnamed, and whose identity I really don't know, as homosexuals).

Hey, it's clean mud.