Old August 27th 05, 04:17 PM
Peter C. Nixon

Default USCF Membership Numbers

I have just posted the July and August USCF membership numbers at:
http://detroitchess.com/USCFmem2.htm

Sorry about they delay. The info has been sitting in my in-box for a
while.

Peter C. Nixon
http://detroitchess.com/
Old August 27th 05, 08:01 PM

Compared to a year ago it looks like the adult numbers are sort of
stabilizing but the kiddies are bailing out.

Old Haasie

Old August 27th 05, 08:06 PM
FiFiela

Compared to a year ago it looks like the adult numbers are sort of
stabilizing but the kiddies are bailing out.

Kiddies and parents don't make this decision. Organizers do.
Organizers have realized that not every scholastic section or every
scholastic tournament has to USCF rated to be a success.

Old August 27th 05, 08:59 PM
Catalan

Less kiddies, more excess of revenues over expenditures. Likewise, the less
tournaments we run the less money we'll lose.

ups.com...

Old August 29th 05, 02:13 PM
Kiddon

Less scholastic players. An RSHaas dream.

kiddon

Old August 29th 05, 07:01 PM
zdrakec

It's very difficult for me, for one, to decide to renew if I don't have
access to an "economy" rate that does not include the magazine (which I
do not want). For the membership benefits, $49 still strikes me as too
high. I can certainly afford that per year, but I hate the feeling of
not getting fair value for my money.
The last time I renewed, I did so at the $39 "economy" (no magazine)
rate, and even then I felt that I was paying too much. Is there any
chance that the dues structure will be modified in the near future?
Cheers,
zdrakec