Old August 28th 05, 06:00 AM

Default Boring Place

RGCP sure is boring place these days. Will someone please do
something bad so we can feast on the news for a week or two.

Old Haasie

Old August 28th 05, 10:01 AM
Jürgen R.

On 27 Aug 2005 22:00:50 -0700, "
wrote:

RGCP sure is boring place these days. Will someone please do
something bad so we can feast on the news for a week or two.

Old Haasie

Well, perhaps you should tell everybody what's new with the Mensa
Model.

Old August 28th 05, 03:35 PM
The Historian

J=FCrgen R. wrote:
On 27 Aug 2005 22:00:50 -0700, "
wrote:

RGCP sure is boring place these days. Will someone please do
something bad so we can feast on the news for a week or two.

Old Haasie

Well, perhaps you should tell everybody what's new with the Mensa
Model.

The point is that he has no details - they will be worked out after we
commit to it.

Old August 28th 05, 06:44 PM

"Well, perhaps you should tell everybody what's new with the Mensa
Model" (Jurgen R)
==========
There is nothing new with the Mensa Model. It is still the best way
to organize an ideal chess federation.

Old Haasie

Old August 28th 05, 08:06 PM
cynic

It's boring because...

When Parr's away
The mice won't play
No one to slay
Nothing to say

Old August 28th 05, 08:39 PM

Bored? Many state chess associations (including ours
http://www.ilchess.org/events1.htm ) will have their championships
Labor Day weekend.

There's still time to send in your entry fee; still time for a little
last-minute preparation.

Have fun next weekend!

****

Best wishes to our friends on I-10.

Old August 28th 05, 11:40 PM

The Florida Open is one of the Labor Day state championships. This
year it is being held in Titusville or some place like that. Too far
away for me. Besides, I'd have to pay $49 USCF dues plus other costs.
Too expensive.
Now, if we had a fully funded Tampa Bay Metro District umbrella
pumping out tournaments, I might become active once again. But we
don't have such an organization. We don't even have a single
traditional promoter of adult chess.

Old Haasie

Old August 29th 05, 02:42 AM
Angelo DePalma

It's boring because the election is over and our prime instigator, Sam
Sloan, is laying low to avoid my challenge.

oups.com...

Old August 29th 05, 04:44 PM
[email protected]

"...there indeed can be a successful organization
that is operated via a system other than your beloved MENSA model."
(Ron Suarez)
=========
Yes, we can and do have a non-Mensa type system for our chess
federation. That simply is not the ideal format. The Mensa model as
it would be adapted for chess would be the ideal form.
The way to really develop chess is to get a reasonable amount of
working capital into the basic markets for organized chess, which in
most cases is the metro scale. We'd want this done not only
proportionally but consistently year after year to build up the
production and promotion capacity at the basic market level. The only
practical way to do that is by way of a Mensa styled chess federation.

Old Haasie