Old August 29th 05, 02:32 AM

Default Hurricane

Hurricane Katrina is headed towards New Orleans with category 4-5
winds. That's enough to knock over Jude Acers' chess table.

Old Haasie

Old August 29th 05, 04:17 AM
Matt Nemmers

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hurricane Katrina is headed towards New Orleans with category 4-5
winds. That's enough to knock over Jude Acers' chess table.

Old Haasie

He's got some pretty heavy pieces.

Old August 29th 05, 04:56 AM
Catalan

wrote in message
oups.com...

Hurricane Katrina is headed towards New Orleans with category 4-5
winds. That's enough to knock over Jude Acers' chess table.

The methane from a plate of well-digested red beans and rice will do that.

Old August 29th 05, 02:44 PM
Goran Tomic

"Matt Nemmers" wrote in message news:O6vQe.303$

This is chess newsgroup. So, please write only about chess.

Old August 29th 05, 03:09 PM

"This is chess newsgroup. So, please write only about chess." (Goran
T)
=======
Two men were playing chess in New Orleans. White was pressing the
endgame with a queenside pawn majority. Black needed to find a
critical move to save the game. Then, hurricane Katrina blew black's
KR pawn several files sideways to cure his queenside pawn minority...
and that is how the game reached a book draw.

Old Haasie

Old August 29th 05, 05:20 PM
Gambit

Goran Tomic wrote:
wrote in message
ps.com...
"This is chess newsgroup. So, please write only about chess." (Goran
T)
=======
Two men were playing chess in New Orleans. White was pressing the
endgame with a queenside pawn majority. Black needed to find a
critical move to save the game. Then, hurricane Katrina blew black's
KR pawn several files sideways to cure his queenside pawn minority...
and that is how the game reached a book draw.

Old Haasie

That's good chess story. Many people don't appreciate the fact that I (and
many other) are on this newsgroup because we want to read about chess. Not
about personal problems "limar lover" and Ekaterina or about London. We are
only interested in chess and everything connected with chess and chess'
politic.

I'm sure this will come as a surprise to you, Groan, but nobody really
cares what you appreciate or what you want to read about. And if you
don't like it, go pollute a Serbian newsgroup with your banality in
broken English.

Old August 30th 05, 03:33 AM
Goran Tomic

"Gambit Gay"
I'm sure this will come as a surprise to you, Groan, but nobody really
cares what you appreciate or what you want to read about. And if you
don't like it, go pollute a Serbian newsgroup with your banality in
broken English.

Where is your boyfriend The Masked Gay? You are nervous? He left you? But,
we don't care what's happened with you and him. We want to read about chess,
not about your love's frustration.

Old August 30th 05, 03:07 PM

"I'm sure this will come as a surprise to you, Groan, but nobody really
cares what you appreciate or what you want to read about. And if you
don't like it, go pollute a Serbian newsgroup with your banality in
broken English. (Gambit)
==========
I like Goran's posts. He's one of the more interesting contributors
here.

Old Haasie

Old August 30th 05, 04:17 PM
Liam Too

Goran Tomic wrote:
Thanks! My reaction is always adequate. Soon, I'll start to send information
about European Youth Championship which will be held in my town. I'm
responsible for all media's connection on internet and main newspaper in my
republic. I'll have a page for information, games (it will be about 730
participants in total) and interesting facts in Pobjeda, our newspaper. I'll
send some of that to this newsgroup!

I echo the old Haasie here. I like your posts, they're great! If you
put more time into this and less on dealing with Katrina, Brennan, Mr.
Kingston, or TMB, then you'll be more popular than ever. I'm not saying
though to stop discussing anything with the above-mentioned persons
because that'll be boring if you stop the communication.