Old August 29th 05, 08:16 AM

Default Sam Sloan stirs up still even more trouble

I have just finished posting in the Wikipedia Encyclopedia biographies
of several notable chess personalities. Beatriz Marinello will be
especially happy to learn that I have posted a biography of her at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beatriz_Marinello

Elizabeth Shaughnessy will be happy as well:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Shaughnessy

Here are some more chess biographies I have just posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Peterson
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Brownscombe
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rusudan_Goletiani
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nino_Khurtsidze
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tatev_Abrahamyan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Edmondson
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Goichberg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Kalme
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Saidy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Schultz
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbert_Seidman
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Sherwin
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_Manakova
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chess_Life

Needless to say, I could write a biography of George John, because
George John does not exist. It is also difficult to write a biography
of a person who does not have -one.

Old August 29th 05, 08:36 AM

Sam Sloan, what was your highest published ELO rating (FIDE, USCF, or
any national federation other than USCF)?

Old August 29th 05, 08:57 AM
[email protected]

Very well.

What was your highest published FIDE rating?

What was your highest published USCF rating?

Old August 29th 05, 03:55 PM
samsloan

Dear Bill Brock,

I realize that you do not use Google so you probably do not realize
this, but every time you change the title to a newsgroup posting you
cover up the old title so that viewers cannot see it.

In this case, for example, you have covered up my newsgroup title,
which is "Sam Sloan stirs up still even more trouble" with your
nonsense title, which is "Sam Sloan is planning to sue himself for
breach of contract".

It so happens that my posting contains a lot of information which I am
sure that Google viewers will want to read, but they cannot read it now
because your posting has hidden it.

Did you do that out of ignorance, stupidity or maliceousness? The world
wants to know.

Now, I am herewith making a posting about the "chess expert" title. I
have just posted an article on the Wikipedia Encyclopedia about this.
It is posted at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chess_expert

I suspect that my article contains inaccuracies. In particular, I wrote
that there are 400,000 players with USCF ratings of which 4,000 are
rated 2000 or better. I tried to find more accurate numbers. Ken
Sloan's website used to have better numbers but they do not seem to be
there any more, so I just made my best guess at what the numbers might
be.

Now, by making this posting I am covering up your posting which was
"Sam Sloan is planning to sue himself for breach of contract".

You may be doing this to stop people from reading my postings, but now
I am retaliating by stopping people from reading yours, at least on
Google.

I hope that you will be more courteous in the future. Please, in the
future, if you want to start a new subject header, please do it
independently instead of writing on top of mine.

Sam Sloan
who is very angry. Perhaps I need to take another thousand dollars from
you.

Old August 29th 05, 06:00 PM
[email protected]

What was your highest published FIDE rating?

What was your highest published USCF rating?

What is the basis for your claim to be a "former master"?

Old August 29th 05, 06:04 PM

On 29 Aug 2005 00:57:27 -0700, "
wrote:

Very well.

What was your highest published FIDE rating?

What was your highest published USCF rating?

I have never had a FIDE rating.

I do not know what was my highest published USCF rating and I would
like to find out.

I will tell you that my first USCF rating was 1475 and was published
in the December 1956 rating list. It has gone up since then, however.

Old August 29th 05, 06:38 PM
[email protected]

I do not know what was my highest published USCF rating and I would
like to find out.

Would it be correct to say that, to your knowledge, you have never had
a published USCF rating at or above 2200?

Old August 29th 05, 07:03 PM
[email protected]

Sloan has elsewhere claimed that his peak rating was circa age 21. It
would be appropriate to check ratings from the late 1960's.

Sam Sloan says he is a "former master"; I do not doubt that he had
master-level results from this time.

I have had several tournaments with performance ratings above 2350 (not
for awhile--most are pre-MSA). My peak rating to date is 2170. I do
not describe myself as a former master.