Old August 30th 05, 09:29 PM

Default Bill Brock's obsession with Sam Sloan as a "former master"

Bill Brocks obsession with Sam Sloan as a former master

Bill Brock has asked the same question about 50 times in the past few
days:

On 29 Aug 2005 10:00:16 -0700, "
wrote:

What was your highest published FIDE rating?

What was your highest published USCF rating?

What is the basis for your claim to be a "former master"?

I just did a little Google search and I cannot find anywhere that I
said that I am a former master. Perhaps I did write it. I am not
claiming that I did not. However, I cannot remember writing that,
although perhaps I did.

Can Bill Brock point to the place where I claimed to be a former
master?

Old August 30th 05, 10:07 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...oldid=21324643

I have never been charged with nor convicted of kidnapping. Also,
although it is true that right now I am rated as a Class A player, I
was a rated expert or master for 40 years and I recently defeated Bill
Brock, a rated expert and former master, in a chess match with a $1000
stake. Thus, it is generally accepted as correct to refer to me as a
chess master even though my current rating has fallen to Class A.

Sam Sloan

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...oldid=22160018

Bill Brock, who is known for his personal hostility towards to me,
has just posted two lies about me.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Sam_Sloan"

Old August 30th 05, 10:09 PM
Niemand

Sam Sloan wrote:
I just did a little Google search and I cannot find anywhere that I
said that I am a former master. Perhaps I did write it. I am not
claiming that I did not. However, I cannot remember writing that,
although perhaps I did.

Actually, it appears you did not even use the word "former." At
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Sam_Sloan, you wrote:

"Thus, it is generally accepted as correct to refer to me as a chess
master even though my current rating has fallen to Class A."

In what rating system did you attain this "master" level?

Old August 31st 05, 12:03 AM

Geez, one thinks I could learn to quote correctly. Primary sources.

Perhaps Sloan meant I was a rated expert or master for 40 years in
the same sense (XOR) that I could claim to be "a CPA or Bollywood
leading man"....

Old August 31st 05, 12:18 AM

"Thus, it is generally correct to refer to me as a Bollywood leading
man, even though I haven't made a picture this year...."

Old August 31st 05, 02:11 AM
Angelo DePalma

Hey Mr. Chicken,

Is Sammy Reshevsky a master? How about Tigran Petrosian? They were both
masters for about 60 years each. According to your logic their lifelessness
is irrelevant.

The Guy You're Afraid to Play in your Beloved Damiano

Old August 31st 05, 02:46 AM
Gepetto

I held a seance and played Tigran Petrosian's ghost and won. Am I a master?
BTW, he owes me $100. that he bet.