Old September 3rd 05, 05:35 AM

Default Why rebuild New Orleans?

Why rebuild New Orleans? All of southern Louisiana is sinking into
the gulf at a rate of 21 square miles per year. Global warming will
speed up the process. We're into a decade of high hurricane activity
so New Orleans is likely to get hit again and again. It won't be long
before major businesses seek higher ground in Baton Rouge, Memphis or
elsewhere. Mother Nature will take New Orleans in due time.

Old Haasie

Old September 3rd 05, 02:04 PM
Kiddon

Interesting thought, but at these critical times I'm not sure you are
even allowed to think it.

kiddon

Old September 3rd 05, 04:32 PM

Many refugees say they won't return to New Orleans.

Old Haasie

Old September 4th 05, 06:08 PM
[email protected]

Old Haasie is right. The market system would never have taken on the
risk of New Orleans. It is time that insurance premium determine
business in dangerous areas rather than government largesse. It is
also time to put safety infrastructure into private
hands.

See http://www.lewrockwell.com for further discussion.