Old September 11th 05, 05:13 PM
The Historian

Default Great News!! DNA Test Results prove that Sam Sloan is the real father of his daughter, Sandra

Rob wrote:
The discussion of the 14th ammendment does not belong on a chess news
group.

Would you kindly share this with your hero, the "nearly an IM 2450"?
From time to time he graces us with his understanding of the law.

We all know the true purpose of that ammendment was to provide
citizenship to freed slaves and has now been used as a means of
subverting our immigration laws and should be appealed.

I knew there was something loathsome about you.

Old September 12th 05, 03:03 AM
The Historian

Kiddon wrote:
One cannot "appeal" a constitutional amendment.

kiddon

Good point, but I'm sure Rob the Hater will try it anyway.

Old September 12th 05, 03:11 AM
Niemand

Sam Sloan wrote:
Anyone who believes that I might be their father can have their own
DNA test done and compare the results with the data I have posted at
http://www.samsloan.com/sandra-dna.pdf and determine with a fair
degree of certainty the likelihood that I am their father.

One is reminded of the words Dana Andrews said at the end of the 1958
film "Curse of the Demon": "Sometimes it's better not to know."

Old September 12th 05, 11:23 AM
David Ames

Sam Sloan wrote:
In order to obtain a Green Card for my wife, who is Japanese, the INS
directed us to have a DNA test to prove that I am the father of our
child. I tried to argue with them, saying that since the child was
born in the USA and was therefore a US citizen, a DNA test was
irrelevant.

I have heard of cases where the DNA test proves that the unsuspecting
husband is not the father. I wonder what happens to the woman and the
child in such cases. I understand that there are many cases where the
mother is not even the mother. She tries to bring other children into
the country who are not even hers.

Every man harbors the anxiety that he might not be the real father of
his child. In my case, I have been faced with the constant annoyance
where almost every day when I take my child in the subway, somebody
will ask if the child was adopted or if I was the grandfather. One
Chinese lady came up to me and asked what province in China did I
adopt this child from, because she wanted to go to that place and get
one like this for herself.

Sam, you should have told her that she would have to have sex with your
wife in order to have such a child.

I have always believed that I was the father of Sandra because my
girlfriend (we were not married yet) arrived in America on a flight
from Japan on February 6, 2001 and our baby was born on November 11,
2001, nine months and five days later. When she arrived, I greeted her
at JFK Airport, took her directly to my apartment and put her
immediately on my bed and we had non-stop sex for the next several
weeks. There was no opportunity for anybody else to get in there.
Still, there are always these lingering doubts.

I would not have minded being ordered by the INS to take a DNA test
were it not for the cost. I had to shop around for laboratories to
perform the test. The first one I found wanted to charge $1,100.
Yikes! We filed a joint paternity petition in Queens Family Court
hoping that the judge would order a DNA test that would be cheaper.
However, the judge simply declared me to be the father of Sandra
without any testing, which was useless for our purposes. However, in
this way I found the name of the testing lab that the Family Court
uses and they only charged $525, which at least was cheaper.

Or if you had gone on the Maury Povich program, you might have been
able to get it free.

Sam Sloan
http://www.samsloan.com/sandra-dna.htm

Old September 12th 05, 10:12 PM

On 12 Sep 2005 03:23:19 -0700, "David Ames"
wrote:

Sam Sloan wrote:

I would not have minded being ordered by the INS to take a DNA test
were it not for the cost. I had to shop around for laboratories to
perform the test. The first one I found wanted to charge $1,100.
Yikes! We filed a joint paternity petition in Queens Family Court
hoping that the judge would order a DNA test that would be cheaper.
However, the judge simply declared me to be the father of Sandra
without any testing, which was useless for our purposes. However, in
this way I found the name of the testing lab that the Family Court
uses and they only charged $525, which at least was cheaper.

Or if you had gone on the Maury Povich program, you might have been
able to get it free.

Sam Sloan
http://www.samsloan.com/sandra-dna.htm

We actually considered going on the Maury Povich Show or the Jerry
Springer Show with this problem. I went to the Maury Povich website
but finally gave up as it seemed too difficult and unlikely to get on
his show.

Old September 13th 05, 06:52 PM
H. Reader

"Ingo Pakleppa (see Web site for email)" wrote in message news:J%[email protected]

H. Reader wrote:

"Sam Sloan" wrote in message
On 12 Sep 2005 12:43:00 -0700, "Rob" wrote:

There is currently an influx of undocumented aliens flooding over our
southern borders. There are "agents" (laywers) who regularly advertise
for expectant illegals to attempt a border crossing at such intervals
as to insure the birth of their children on US soil. The child
instantly becomes a citizen and the parents become "un deportable". The
laywer arranges for social security benefits and welfare for the family
and collects his fee.

Rob

Where did you get this nonsence from? Threre are two chess experts who
are also INS officials who regularly read this group. Every day they
pick up illegals who have US Citizen children and put them on a flight
out of the country. Having a US citizen child is no benefit whatever
to an illegal alien.

Actually, the American-citizen child of an illegal alien can at 18
move back to the US and sponsor his parents arrival.

Wrong again. A US citizen child can move back to the US at any age (of
course, he would need parental consent before age 18), and he *cannot*
sponsor the parent at age 18.

What is the age at which the child can sponsor the parent?

Further, most illegals, even upon detection, aren't deported.

That, of course, would apply (if it were true) whether or not there is a US
citizen child involved. The 14th Amendment does not make a difference here.

No. The statement was meant to enlighten you about the unlikelihood
of the parents of a citizen child being deported. If the average illegal
isn't being deported, then chances are the parents of a citizen are less
likely to be deported. See how that works?

All kinds of lack of enforcement and games played to prevent enforcement
have been occuring for decades.

Mostly lack of enforcement on employers. That's why the jobs still exist.

Exactly right.

Old September 14th 05, 04:30 AM
Angelo DePalma

Geekboy I hope you're not thinking of going into law. Anyone born here is
automatically a citizen.

"GeekBoy" wrote in message
news:[email protected] eranews...

"Sam Sloan" wrote in message
In order to obtain a Green Card for my wife, who is Japanese, the INS
directed us to have a DNA test to prove that I am the father of our
child. I tried to argue with them, saying that since the child was
born in the USA and was therefore a US citizen, a DNA test was
irrelevant.

Nowehere does it say that a person born in the US is a US citizen
automatically

Wrong answer.

RIGHT ANSWER

Try the US Constitution:

Amendment XIV (1868)

Section 1.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the
jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state
wherein they reside.

Try reading AGAIN.
Try noticing "AND SUBJECT TO THE JURISDICTION," and "STATE WEREIN THEY
RESIDE"

This would include VISITORS, ILLEGAL ALIENS, DIPLOMATS, etc
US courts have already stated what I just mentioned before

Old September 14th 05, 04:31 AM
Angelo DePalma

You're too stupid for words.

"Sam Sloan" wrote in message
[...]

sigh He's an American. His wife gave birth in the US. The child was
born in the US. That's what makes the child an American under the 14th
Amendment. Bloody hell, can't you freakin' read??

Yes, but he only stated that just because the child was born in the US
only.
Everyone always makes the asumption just because one if born here they are
automatically a citizen.

And since you're such a know-it-all, your gonna enjoy this.. When the
child
(or if the parents wish it to happen now) is a little older, and should
the
child desire to claim it, duel citizenship with Japan.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

Power to the people! Gotta love the Constitution!!

So does that mean I can claim British Citizenship just because my
ancestors came to the part of the world in the mid 1650s and never
recended their citzenship as this was a British Colony at the time they
came here?

Old September 14th 05, 01:40 PM
Angelo DePalma

"Ingo Pakleppa (see Web site for email)" wrote

I hope we some day get to the point where any children - even of American
parents - receive free healthcare.

The great PJ O'Rourke once wrote, "If you think healthcare is expensive now,
wait until it's free."

Which is why we need more, not less, immigration. Historically,
immigration
has been one of the main driving forces of US success. The only reason
it's
now illegal immigration is that we nearly completely choked off legal
immigration (depending on the category, it can take up to 25 years to get
the paperwork done).

Yes, let 'em all come in. Africans, Asians, South Americans. Let's open the
floodgates, turn the U.S. into a Babel so corporate America can finally
achieve its dream of paying Thai wages to U.S. citizens as well as residents
of Thailand, so owners of MacMansions can get cheap landscaping and domestic
help. Anyone who's not lucky enough to be a lawyer, doctor, basketball
player, CEO, or pop singer, or who hasn't managed to find some other racket
can go **** himself. We already have a 3rd world education system, 500,000
destitute, homeless refugees, and a major city floating in four feet of
chemical-contaminated sewage. We might as well go all the way.

Old September 14th 05, 03:01 PM

Ingo Pakleppa (see Web site for email) wrote:

Rob wrote:

This is a very good point. In my opinion,visitors on tourist visas
should not constitute legal residency. They should be legal resident
aliens in the process of working towards citizenship in order for thier
children born on US soil to be considered citizens. If one parent is a
legal US citizen,

All US citizens are "legal" US citizens by definition. The very term is
nonsensical.

then the child would be a citizen. I am just corious,
If a child of an American were born in England or Japan would they be
defacto citizens of those countries?

You picked two countries with particularly complicated laws. The simplified
answer is that, indeed, in nearly all countries of the Western world (with
the exceptions of Switzerland and Luxembourg), the child would be a citizen
of that country.

Actually Ingo, a good number of countries that did grant citizenship
based solely on birth have added some requirements to prevent people
from coming to their countries solely for gaining citizenship for the
child. Their laws are still based on the principles of jus soli (or
granting citizenship based on place of birth) but they've added a
requirement that the parent be a citizen or permanent resident.

Britain and Australia added such a requirement in the 1980s. Ireland
recently modified its laws so that a child born in Ireland does not
have an absolute right to Irish citizenship, and I believe that New
Zealand has changed (or plans to change) its nationality law to add a
similar requirement in the very near future.
I do not believe that any EU country grants citizenship solely based on
birth within its borders anymore. They also require that a parent have
either citizenship or residency.

The countries that I know do still grant citizenship based on birth are
the US, Canada, and I believe, Argentina. There are also other
countries that grant citizenship based on birth.

Stephen Gallagher