Old September 13th 05, 01:53 PM
Kiddon

Default Bush Should Resign !!

Sam Sloan wrote:
Bush Should Resign !!

Even before Katrina, the public perception of George W. Bush had
reached an all time low. We are stuck in an endless and pointless War
in Iraq, with more than 1800 US servicemen already dead, more dying
every day, and the prospect is that this will continue for years.

But now we can see that it is even worse. The news that 45 patients
died in a hospital for lack of electricity and water while George W.
Bush enjoyed himself vacationing on his ranch in Texas, shows that
Bush is just incompetent.

There is no recovering from this. The American people will never
forgive this. What needs to happen now is a high level delegation of
Republican leadership needs to go to George W. Bush and tell him that
for the good of the party and the good of the nation, George W. Bush
needs to resign.

Sam Sloan
1664 Davidson Ave., Apt. 1B
Bronx NY 10453

917-507-7226
347-869-2465

__________________________
The focus should now be on helping, not finger pointing. I know (or
think) you are a Libertarian, but as long as you are spending your time
finger pointing, how about looking at the leaders of those who are
supposed to be the first responders? Louisiana's governor, Kathleen
Blanco (D), and New Orleans Mayor Nagin (D). If Katrina would have hit
Florida, Governor Jeb Bush (R) would have lead a much better first
response.

kiddon

Old September 13th 05, 05:02 PM
Mike Murray

On 13 Sep 2005 05:53:44 -0700, "Kiddon" wrote:

The focus should now be on helping, not finger pointing.

Yes, it's unfair to point out that the person Bush appointed to run
FEMA had a background in horse racing (where he evidently failed).

And the rumors that Bush faced into the hurricane and yelled, "Bring
it on" are totally false (he was actually in Texas, working on his tan
and tending to the five cows on his 1500 acre ranch).

how about looking at the leaders of those who are
supposed to be the first responders? Louisiana's governor, Kathleen
Blanco (D), and New Orleans Mayor Nagin (D). If Katrina would have hit
Florida, Governor Jeb Bush (R) would have lead a much better first
response.

Indeed. Look how fast he responded in 2000 when his brother needed
some votes.

kiddon

Old September 13th 05, 05:04 PM
Kiddon

Look how well Jeb Bush responded in 2004 when four (4) hurricanes hit
the Sunshine State. He performed extremely well, unlike Louisiana's
democrat governor, or New Orleans' democrat mayor.

kiddon

Old September 13th 05, 07:15 PM
Mike Murray

On 13 Sep 2005 09:04:21 -0700, "Kiddon" wrote:

Look how well Jeb Bush responded in 2004 when four (4) hurricanes hit
the Sunshine State. He performed extremely well, unlike Louisiana's
democrat governor, or New Orleans' democrat mayor.

Kind of like you having a major hangover and losing to a Grandmaster,
and me crowing because I beat 3 B players and an Expert.
Old September 13th 05, 09:26 PM
Liam Too

Mike Murray wrote:
Kind of like you having a major hangover and losing to a Grandmaster,
and me crowing because I beat 3 B players and an Expert.

The president declared a federal emergency on Saturday, even before
Katrina hits, therefore as a protocol, FEMA was in charge. However,
FEMA mobilized its crew only 4 hours after Katrina hits and gave them 2
days to report to work. Way too late, people died waiting for FEMA.

In the most recent news this PM, Bush rightfully accepted full
responsibility.

Old September 15th 05, 02:55 AM
[email protected]

"..If Katrina would have hit Florida, Governor Jeb Bush (R) would have
lead a much better first response..." (kiddon)
============
Yeah, Florida's first responders would have been the Jewish women in
Meeyammy with four tons of hot chicken soup.

Old Haasie

Old September 18th 05, 04:09 AM
Kiddon

Marcel: How would the Canadian and UK murder rates factor into your
twisted logic given their stance on gun control?

kiddon

Old September 25th 05, 03:36 AM
Gunsberg

Kiddon wrote:
Sam Sloan wrote:
[...]

Uh, Katrina DID hit Florida, although it was smaller and less intense
when it did so.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/archive/2005...graphics.shtml

As I recall, few people were overly impressed by Jeb Bush's
handling of the multiple Hurricanes that hit in 2004.

I'm sure that George gave him some pork, but there was a fair amount
of chaos, with poor people living in squalor.

Mayor Nagin is clearly inept, but he had little to do with the (quite
predictable) failure of the levees. Maybe a couple of hundred lives
would have been saved, with an optimum response, and adequate
resources. However, due to the topography of the City of New Orleans,
we'd still be looking at a 200 Billion $$ reconstruction tab. Had the
levees held, the deluge would not have occurred, and there would have
been practically no deaths suffered by New Orleans, in that instance.

The onus for the failure of the levees falls squarely on the Federal
Gov't. Especially the Executive Branch.

Michael Brown, Michael Brown, Miachael Brown