Old September 17th 05, 04:24 PM

Default rgcp controversy about Larry Parr

On 17 Sep 2005 07:01:40 -0700, "
wrote:

Question for Larry Parr: do you endorse Sloan's homophobic smear
"blowbuddy"?

When you want to start a new topic please do it independently in a way
that does not cover up the previous subject header in
groups.google.com

As usual, you are reading something into it that does not exist. When
I was a kid growing up in Virginia, the term "blowbuddy" just meant
exceptionally good friend. We did not even know that Homosexuality
existed back then. Never heard of it.

It is you., Bill Brock, who is obsessed with sexuality and is reading
something sexual into things where nobody else does.

Old September 17th 05, 05:25 PM
The Historian

Sam Sloan wrote:
On 17 Sep 2005 07:01:40 -0700, "
wrote:

Question for Larry Parr: do you endorse Sloan's homophobic smear
"blowbuddy"?

When you want to start a new topic please do it independently in a way
that does not cover up the previous subject header in
groups.google.com

As usual, you are reading something into it that does not exist. When
I was a kid growing up in Virginia, the term "blowbuddy" just meant
exceptionally good friend. We did not even know that Homosexuality
existed back then. Never heard of it.

According to Tom Dorsch, Norman Whitaker introduced it to you -
personally.

Old September 17th 05, 05:47 PM

Google "blowbuddy"

Old September 17th 05, 06:01 PM
Catalan

"Sam Sloan" wrote in message

It is you., Bill Brock, who is obsessed with sexuality and is reading
something sexual into things where nobody else does.

I disagree with your gambit, "nobody."

Old September 17th 05, 06:24 PM

Is that necessary?

I've railed against conduct for which S. should be held accountable.
But if Dorsch's story is true, S. would have been exploited as a minor,
and would deserve our sympathy. And if the story is not true, it
shouldn't be repeated.

Old September 17th 05, 06:45 PM
Catalan

wrote in message
oups.com...

I've railed against conduct for which S. should be held accountable.
But if Dorsch's story is true, S. would have been exploited as a minor,
and would deserve our sympathy. And if the story is not true, it
shouldn't be repeated.

It's true. Sam used to go to out-of-town tournaments and share a room and a
bed with him.

Old September 17th 05, 06:58 PM

I really don't want to discuss the conduct of minors.

The point of retitling the thread: Parr habitually defends Sloan's most
outrageous conduct, or refuses to comment upon it.

Let Larry Parr comment on Sloan's use of the word "blowbuddy" WRT Blake
and Burton.

Right here.

Right now.

Two thousand words, chop chop.

Old September 17th 05, 08:11 PM
The Historian

Is that necessary?

If true, it's evidence that Sloan DID know what homosexuality was at
that time.

I've railed against conduct for which S. should be held accountable.

Unconvincingly, yes.

But if Dorsch's story is true, S. would have been exploited as a minor,
and would deserve our sympathy.

Did it happen when Sloan was a minor? If it happened at all, of course.

And if the story is not true, it
shouldn't be repeated.

No, it's true: Tom Dorsch has said what I said he did.

***********************
While I have never said you are a homosexual, I have
reported your stories of your childhood sleepovers
with the notorious pederast Norman T. Whitaker.
That doesn't make you a homosexual; there is a
different name for it. Rhymes with junk.

Regards,
Tom Dorsch

No evidence? What you mean is there was no evidence
in Norman's personal papers, which formed the basis
for Hilbert's biography.

Hilbert obviously did not interview Scam Sloan or any
of the other boys who accompanied Whitaker to chess
tournaments. Scam is the one who told me about
Whitaker (forty years ago, before he became virginal
on the subject).
Regards,
Tom Dorsch

Um . . . b-b-but Scam used to accompany Whitaker
on overnight, unsupervised trips to chess tournaments, when Scam was a
child in
his early teens, over forty years ago.

Now, of course, he denies that anything untoward
occurred. But he didn't always deny it--I knew him
before he was a virgin.

Regards,
Tom Dorsch

Old September 17th 05, 08:53 PM
[email protected]

The post linked below was made in 2000. Dorsch claims that S. told him
this "forty years ago." Even granting that this is a rough estimate
not to be taken literally, it's clear that the events allegedly
recounted by S. happened some time earlier. The time is further fixed
by Whitaker's 1961 accident. S. was born in 1944.

If there was an encounter, S. was a minor. So it's really not
appropriate for public discussion.

Even he deserves this basic courtesy.

http://tinyurl.com/96edc

Old September 17th 05, 11:24 PM
Catalan

wrote in message
oups.com...

I really don't want to discuss the conduct of minors.

Forgive me if I don't give a rat's ass.