Old September 17th 05, 05:43 PM

Default Requests to the White Collection in Cleveland

There are some old chess publications I would like to obtain. I always
kept everything about chess, but in 1994 my brother had everything in
my mother's house in Lynchburg, Virginia thrown in a garbage. Thus, I
lost most of my old chess magazines and game scores. I did salvage a
few items, such as the score of my game against Claude Bloodgood which
I have just posted.

If anybody goes to the White Collection, I would like to know if they
or anybody else has the following items:

Virginia Chess News Roundup newsletter from the 1950s

Carolina Gambit from the 1950s, especially one issue edited by Henry
Stockhold.

Old September 17th 05, 08:15 PM
Taylor Kingston

You can e-mail the library to see if they have any particular item. I
don't recall the address, but an online search should find it easily.
For a fee they will xerox any book or magazine, in whole or part, and
mail the pages to you, as long as copyright laws don't forbid it.
Recently I obtained a rare mid-19th century book from them, Cluley's
"The Philosophy of Chess," in that fashion. They also have quite a few
state newsletters of the kind you seek.