Old September 22nd 05, 03:07 AM
FiFiela

Default SwissSys Question

Whats the easiest way to sort SwissSys club files back into pure alpha
order by last name?

I have a computer background but how to sort entries with multiple
lines, variable number of lines per entry and variable lenght of lines
is a mystery.

Who knows the nifty trick? Email to

Old September 22nd 05, 06:05 AM
Catalan

"FiFiela" wrote in message
oups.com...
Whats the easiest way to sort SwissSys club files back into pure alpha
order by last name?

I have a computer background but how to sort entries with multiple
lines, variable number of lines per entry and variable lenght of lines
is a mystery.

Who knows the nifty trick? Email to

First, dump 'em to an Excel spreadsheet,

Old September 22nd 05, 08:42 AM
FiFiela

First, dump 'em to an Excel spreadsheet

My first thought but.....

Each player entry is from to 3 to 5 lines per player with only the
first line of each player containing the name data to be sorted. So
how do you keep the other lines associated with each player from
floating away when you sort.

I can picture the code to do this. I could write the code to do this
but I can't see how to hack it quickly in Excel.

John McC from Sac give me some good advice which I'll try out in the
AM.

Thad Suits replied to my email that version 6 has this feature
implemented in the "Write Club" module. I'll also check this out in the
AM. I won a copy of ver 6 but prefer Ver 4.

For now, please consider this case-closed.

Californianly Yours,
Allan