Old September 24th 05, 08:42 PM

Default Larry Parr defends Sloan's use of "blowbuddy"

Suggested title: "Homophobic smears are cool!"

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.g...4fda8400fa6152

2000 words, chop chop.

Old September 25th 05, 12:40 PM

On 24 Sep 2005 12:42:15 -0700, "
wrote:

Suggested title: "Homophobic smears are cool!"

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.g...4fda8400fa6152

2000 words, chop chop.

It is clear that Bill Brock is homophobic, not I.

What he objects to in the posting citing above is my statement::
"It seems that you two have been bloviating quite a bit."

Now, I realize that the term "bloviating" does sound like a homophobic
smear, especially when I say that the two of you have been doing it,
but actually the term bloviate means:

" to speak or write verbosely and windily".

Source: Marrian-Webster online. You claim to have a Ph.D. in English,
so you should know this.

The word "bloviate" was introducted into this group by Larry Parr (I
had never heard it before) and since then several other posters have
used it.

It is you and your preverse dirty mind that has interpreted the term
"bloviate" to be a homophobic smear.

Old September 25th 05, 04:01 PM

Sloan: Since your blowbuddy Ken Blake implied that you might have
known Fischer
starting in 1954, this means that you knew him until at least 1975.

Convicted felon, congenital liar. :-)