Old September 26th 05, 01:49 AM

Default Moderated forums

THEY WANT CENSORSHIP

The new Board has been very smart in (generally) avoiding rgcp; I'd
like to see USCF establish a moderated forum similar to ones that many
state associations have. Brock & Rynd (in agreement)

Don't worry we will be bringing the Board members back
to rgcp soon enough. At the moment, though, I am having
so much fun doing the tag-team bit with NM Taylor
Kingston, James Rynd, Stan Booz and Bill Brock thatI have not
yet dealt with information which just came to me about
ChessCafe and its contract with the USCF.

I will be posting soon on that subject.

For the nonce, though, James Rynd is now blaming
this writer for Bill Brock and Stan Booz's lies and profanity.
Readers may recollect that Mr. Brock excused Mr.Booz's
four-letter excrement based on my having brainwashed a half-generation
of those who follow USCF affairs.

I do this, though I also stand accused if being a writer who
cannot express himself adequately. We always reach this
point: Larry Parr has warped the entire national chess debates,
and he cannot write or fool anyone.

Our two lads, Rynd and Brock, are calling for moderated forums.
The problem: such forums bore; such forums snore.

The lads want censorship, but they cannot have it effectively.
Not yet -- at least. People will always leave the moderated forums to
find out what really is going on behind closed doors.

The current Board has gone quiet. We know
that meetings have occurred. In the moderated-forum
world of deadheads, we pretend that nothing is appening.

Later I will be posting a bit of what just occurred,
which has coe my way.

Old September 26th 05, 02:10 AM
Matt Nemmers

oups.com...

They already have. http://www.uschess.org/forums/

Don't worry we will be bringing the Board members back
to rgcp soon enough.

Yes, like a fatal car accident on a busy interstate, RGCP is just too juicy
not to look at.

At the moment, though, I am having
so much fun doing the tag-team bit with NM Taylor
Kingston, James Rynd, Stan Booz and Bill Brock

Yeah. When you don't have to answer questions, just spouting off "Liar,
liar, pants-on-fire" is quite amusing, isn't it.

I will be posting soon on that subject.

We can't wait.

For the nonce, though, James Rynd is now blaming
this writer for Bill Brock and Stan Booz's lies and profanity.

I DEFY YOU to name one -- ONE! -- instance in which either Bill or Stan
*lied* and back it up with proof. Proof being facts and something besides
the whole "Everybody KNEW what they *really* meant" schtick you're so fond
of.

Readers may recollect that Mr. Brock excused Mr.Booz's
four-letter excrement based on my having brainwashed a half-generation
of those who follow USCF affairs.

Everyone expresses themselves differently, Larry. Some curse to underscore
some of their finer points; others, like you and Sloan, lie. Different
strokes....

Old September 26th 05, 02:10 AM

In lieu of censorship, accountablilty. If moderated forums are
censored, then they are worthless.

This is what one gets from unmoderated forums: http://tinyurl.com/96vdr

I'm sure jr and cynic enjoyed these posts.

A good forum will not satify the base urges of anon personae; it will
however be productive. (As long as poster's identity is disclosed to
the moderator, and as long as poster is only posting under one stable
identity, I have no problem with "stable" anons.)

www.ilchess.org is kinda boring (you'll find equally sleep-inducing
sites hosted by other state associations). If you root around on that
site you can find posts attacking certain positions I've taken; doesn't
bother me in the slightest. The message board helps us gets stuff
done.

To get stuff done--to advance chess in the US--that's what it should be
all about.

Old September 26th 05, 02:22 AM

http://www.uschess.org/forums/

Cool! I didn't know.

Old September 26th 05, 02:59 AM
Mike Nolan

" writes:

http://www.uschess.org/forums/

Cool! I didn't know.

It's been around since December of 2003, the URL has been posted here many
times.
--
Mike Nolan

Old September 26th 05, 05:32 AM

EXCITING MODERATED DIALOGUE

I just posted information on the ChessCafe
deal which is suggestive of intra-Board fighting,
which won't be appearing at the USCF's Nebraska-run
moderated, moderate, and utterly soporific moderated,
moderate bulletin board filled with people yearning
not to know.

Bill Brock and Neil Brennen already said good-bye to rgcp,
and we expect others to leave for the moderated,
moderate unreadable bulletin board at the USCF, which
is for people yearning not to know. James Rynd is
saying good-bye, and I guess Matt Nemmers and NM
Taylor Kingston, the 1800-rated but self-proclaimed
2300+ ELO chain reaction, will follow.

One can only imagine the exciting dialogue:

Brock: Parr's responsible for a generation of misled
USCFicans.

Rynd: Parr can't write. No one pays him any
attention to him.

Brock: Yeah, he can't write and is too widely read.

GM Kingston [appropriating the higher title without
comment at the moderated, moderate forum]: I ... I
.... I'm bored here.

Nemmers: I CHALLENGE YOU NOT TO BE BORED! SHOW ME
ONE INSTANCE, JUST ONE, WHERE YOU HAVE BEEN BORED,
MAGGOT BRAIN!

Booz: I'm returning to rgcp where I can have
satisfactory verbal evacuations.

Brennen: The whole downward spiral began when SOMEONE
played a match against Sam Sloan.

Brock: I was trying to show the entire world what an
evil man Sam Sloan is, fingering Thai girls, while
"our boys" in uniform perform like real men -- just
like in my favorite film, Taxi Cab.

Moderator Mike Nolan: Brock and Brennen are advised
not to proceed further into descriptions and arguments
over Pokemon. Larry Parr's name is not to be
mentioned here. We have a responsible forum, and the
topic under discussion was trying to correct rating
deflation for those suffering between 1350 and 1425.

Brock: That's exciting, responsible, moderated,
moderate. No need to talk about ChessCafe and a
possible $250,000 shortfall, which is being discussed by ...

Moderator Nolan: ... careful now, you know the
forbidden name.

Brock: ... I was going to say, you frigging prig,
that Liarry is over there lying

Booz:Yawn. I'm haulin' ass outta here. Pronto.
..

Old September 26th 05, 12:05 PM
The Historian

[...]

Wonderful, Larry, wonderful! LOL!

Old September 26th 05, 01:16 PM
[email protected]

SLOUCHING BACK TO GOMORRAH

Wonderful, Larry, wonderful! LOL! --- Neil (Historian) Brennen

Bill Brock continues his impressive run. For
several hours he has been off rgcp. It appears that no
matter how convulsed by delirium parrums he may be,
this geyser of human willpower (and pishposh) may make
it until tomorrow.

After that, all bets are off.

We predict that Mr. Brock will leave Neil
Brennen twisting in the electronic breeze. He will
soon return talking about fingering Thai girls. Alas, there will
be The Historian, having vowed to depart rgcp, being
doublecrossed by Mr. Brock, who slouches back to Gomorrah.

But wait. Mr. Brennen is back already and laughing
his head off. Will wonders never cease?

Old September 26th 05, 01:59 PM
[email protected]

At the moment, though, I am having
so much fun doing the tag-team bit with NM Taylor Kingston, James Rynd, Stan Booz and Bill Brock

And the combined blows have left you so punch-drunk you don't even know
that you are battered, bloodied, and lost; instead your love of your
own "wit" has you thinking you are winning. Rather like the 1200 who
doesn't understand the long-term effect of a queen sacrifice and
considers himself winning....

Old September 26th 05, 02:03 PM
cynic

This forum is addictive. I must confesss that one of my guilty
pleasures is watching Parr swatting flies.
Thank heavens James Rynd is staying. If they all leave, who will be
left to do battle with the mighty Goliath?