Old September 26th 05, 05:34 PM
David Ames

Default Too stupid?

One person posting to this group, apparently under a pseudonym, claims
that his identity has been revealed several times here, and that
another person is "too stupid" to figure it out.

Although I am not party to that particular discussion, I too am
apparently too stupid because I don't have time for, nor do I read,
every post in this forum; consequently I have no idea who in blazes he
is.

David Ames

Old September 26th 05, 06:00 PM
Liam Too

David Ames wrote:
One person posting to this group, apparently under a pseudonym, claims
that his identity has been revealed several times here, and that
another person is "too stupid" to figure it out.

Although I am not party to that particular discussion, I too am
apparently too stupid because I don't have time for, nor do I read,
every post in this forum; consequently I have no idea who in blazes he
is.

David Ames

Maybe James Rynd is talking about this:

"So how much would Steven B Dowd ('James Rynd') like to bet?"--Nick

Old September 26th 05, 07:44 PM

THANKS TO LIAM FOR THE MEMORY

Newsgroups: rec.games.chess.politics
From: (Parrthenon)
Date: 20 Dec 2004 04:15:49 GMT
Subject: USAF EB &Steven Dowd

August Chess Life -- Eating Crow
Date: 14 Aug 2004

Steven Dowd claims to have written numerous scientific papers, yet the
good doctor labelled [Chess Life editor] Kalev Pehme a liar before he
had either the facts or the evidence. And he continued in the same vein
even when I called his attention to the St. John website where he had
the audacity to post my name without asking my permission. This
"Liarry" doesn't expect an apology from the
good doctor, but at least he should have the common decency to extend
one to the editor of Chess Life whom he has constantly maligned on this
forum. Frankly, I doubt that Mr. Dowd can hold a candle to Mr. Pehme as
a writer. -- Larry Parr

Yeah, all the frigging freedom fighters live in the freedom-loving
country of Malaysia. -- SBD

Yes, and one of our key freedoms is to travel and enterprise anywhere
we see fit.

Paradoxically, Malaysia is not a freedom loving country in the iterated

sense that our country is, yet the worst allegations levelled by
dissidents on the Internet against Malaysian treatment of illegal Indon
and Bangladeshi immigrants in detention camps (beatings, mistreatments,
awful food, etc.) are less horrendous than the tortures America has
admitted to visiting upon prisoners.

As for what happens to prisoners in those CIA lockups which have
remained off limits to anyone, we may assume that our conduct is no
different from Stalin's NKVD or Hitler's Gestapo. Even Beck and Godin's
Russian Purge and Extraction of Confession seems about the same as what
we now admit to doing.

"FIDE has made its decision. Players who refuse to be drug tested will
not be able to play chess." -- Dr. Press, co-founder of the FIDE
Medical Commission.

Old September 26th 05, 10:12 PM

consequently I have no idea who in blazes he is.

One might also postulate that you also then don't care. Nor should you
really. Either the posts speak for themselves (like chess games) or
they don't.

Old September 26th 05, 10:21 PM

Kalev Pehme was a poor editor. I recall very few, if any, rushing to
his defense, except you.

If you want to find my 125 scholarly articles, you need only search
Medline and CINAHL. Searching Amazon will reveal to you about half of
my 12 books that remain in print.

If you want to find my over 1,000 freelance articles, you may have to
dig deeper.

Like you, Larry, I have won many awards for my writing. What has Pehme
ever done except sink CL even further into chess hell? Hold a candle to
him? No. I can hold halogen headlights to him.

Old September 27th 05, 12:11 AM
David Ames

Liam Too wrote:
David Ames wrote:
One person posting to this group, apparently under a pseudonym, claims
that his identity has been revealed several times here, and that
another person is "too stupid" to figure it out.

Although I am not party to that particular discussion, I too am
apparently too stupid because I don't have time for, nor do I read,
every post in this forum; consequently I have no idea who in blazes he
is.

David Ames

Maybe James Rynd is talking about this:

"So how much would Steven B Dowd ('James Rynd') like to bet?"--Nick

Now I am reminded of Elwood P. Dowd.

David Ames

Old September 27th 05, 08:06 PM

Elwood P. is of course a family icon, a man they all thought mad but
truly was the only sane one around. I am of course in the same
category. (for the humor-impaired, that is a joke).

Old September 28th 05, 02:02 AM
[email protected]

HARVEY

Elwood P. is of course a family icon, a man they all thought mad but
truly was the only sane one around. I am of course in the same
category. (for the humor-impaired, that is a joke). "ames Rynd"

Dr. Dowd is now explaining his jokes. I readily concede that the
man is sane and responsible for what he is, including the forging of my
name on a student
website by pretending I was a teacher at St. John University. His
evaluation of my work there, as you can guess, was not flattering.