Old October 5th 05, 02:29 AM
Angelo DePalma

Default Topalov wins

Essentially. He's +5 and can probably become world champion, deservedly,
with an even score for the remainder of the tournament. Even if he only goes
+1 for the rest of the way he will have achieved a remarkable +6. That's a
Fischeresque number, especially with the quality of the top players these
days.

Prediction: He won't play Kramnik. Does anyone think Vlad could be even
close at this point had he agreed to play in Argentina? Kramnik knows he'd
get creamed so he stayed away. With each victory, Topalov renders Kramnik
more irrelevant.

It's time to clear the top tier of those tired, boring players like Adams,
Polgar, and Leko. There are a half dozen new 2700+ players who I'd like to
see invited to the elite events. Let Kramnik join the three I've just
mentioned, who've never won anything, in the Bundesliga.

Old October 5th 05, 02:35 AM

Nice, but it won't excite too many Americans because we not only did
not have a pony in the race, we didn't have a dog, a mouse, or even a
cockroach.

Sincerely,
DrBlastFemur

Old October 5th 05, 03:19 PM
Angelo DePalma

We won't even have a microbe in it after Nakamura realizes there's no money
in being a mere 2700 FIDE player, and he heads off to law school.

ups.com...

Old October 5th 05, 06:45 PM
Jerzy

wrote
ups.com...
Nice, but it won't excite too many Americans because we not only did
not have a pony in the race, we didn't have a dog, a mouse, or even a
cockroach.

Sincerely,
DrBlastFemur

That`s funny cause I thought that there were many chessplayers in the USA
who are interested in chess ;-)

Old October 8th 05, 12:14 AM
Ray Gordon

We won't even have a microbe in it after Nakamura realizes there's no
money in being a mere 2700 FIDE player, and he heads off to law school.

Nakamura is on the way to 2900 if he doesn't quit and stops sleeping through
the opening.

Old October 8th 05, 10:51 AM
Chess One

"Ray Gordon" wrote in message
We won't even have a microbe in it after Nakamura realizes there's no
money in being a mere 2700 FIDE player, and he heads off to law school.

Nakamura is on the way to 2900 if he doesn't quit and stops sleeping
through the opening.

Nakamura is currently playing in Karabakh, and has 2 points from 4 rounds,
Anastasian leads his group with 3.5. The "B" group is headed by Grigoriants,
also with 3.5 from 4.0.

Official site has daily English commentary, see: www.karabakh2005.com

Topalov OTOH is having the tournament of his life, when asked about being
compared to Fischer, he replied ""Please don't compare me to Fischer. I
wouldn't even dare to say I'm superior to my rivals here. I'm just in good
form right now, that's all."

Which is as modest a statement as I ever read from a top GM.

Phil Innes

Old October 8th 05, 04:02 PM
Ray Gordon

We won't even have a microbe in it after Nakamura realizes there's no
money in being a mere 2700 FIDE player, and he heads off to law school.

Nakamura is on the way to 2900 if he doesn't quit and stops sleeping
through the opening.

Nakamura is currently playing in Karabakh, and has 2 points from 4 rounds,
Anastasian leads his group with 3.5. The "B" group is headed by
Grigoriants, also with 3.5 from 4.0.

Maybe he's enjoying the food?

Official site has daily English commentary, see: www.karabakh2005.com

Topalov OTOH is having the tournament of his life, when asked about being
compared to Fischer, he replied ""Please don't compare me to Fischer. I
wouldn't even dare to say I'm superior to my rivals here. I'm just in good
form right now, that's all."

He sounds like one of those college football coaches from Powerhouse State
trying to convince you that Patsy U is going to be a tough opponent next
week.

Old October 8th 05, 05:37 PM
Matt Nemmers

"Ray Gordon" wrote in message
We won't even have a microbe in it after Nakamura realizes there's no
money in being a mere 2700 FIDE player, and he heads off to law school.

Nakamura is on the way to 2900 if he doesn't quit and stops sleeping
through the opening.

Maybe you could offer him some lessons, Openings Grandmaster Parker. Or, at
the very least, point him to one of your 13-year old gurus who are rated
3000+ in lightning on ICC.