Old October 16th 05, 10:34 AM

Default Wikipedia Page for John Peters

At 09:07 PM 10/13/2005 -0700, Curt Carlson wrote:
Hey Sam, I just noticed there's no entry at Wikipedia for John Peters!
Also, how do you link a player to the list of US Chess players?

Thank you for pointing this out. In answer to your question, at the
bottom of the Wikipedia page, insert the following:

[[Category:U.S. chess players|Peters, John]]

That will automatically put him on the US Chess Players.

John Peters, which is at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Peters

However, I do not know much about Peters, other than I beat him a
chess game in 1969. Therefore, I am hoping that somebody who knows him
better than I do will expand on the page.

[Event "Continental Amateur Championship"]
[Site "New York"]
[Date "1969.??.??"]
[Round "?"]
[White "Peters,John A (USA)"]
[Black "Sloan,Sam"]
[Result "0-1"]
[ECO "B01"]

1.e4 d5 2.exd5 Nf6 3.d4 Nxd5 4.c4 Nb6 5.Nf3 g6 6.Be2 Bg7 7.O-O
O-O 8.Nc3 Nc6 9.d5 Na5 10.c5 Bxc3 11.cxb6 Bg7 12.bxc7 Qxc7 13.Qa4
Bd7 14.Qh4 b6 15.Bh6 Qd6 16.Ng5 f6 17.Nxh7 Rf7 18.Bf4 Qb4 19.Bd3
Bf5 20.Bxf5 gxf5 21.a3 Qxb2 22.Rfb1 Qe2 23.Rb4 Qg4 0-1

Old October 16th 05, 06:44 PM
Jürgen R.

[...]
John Peters, which is at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Peters

However, I do not know much about Peters,

Please don't let that keep you from writing his biography.
Old October 16th 05, 07:16 PM
David Ames

Jürgen R. wrote:
[...]
John Peters, which is at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Peters

However, I do not know much about Peters,

Please don't let that keep you from writing his biography.

It is my understanding that he is John A. Peters III.

David Ames

Old October 18th 05, 03:35 AM

On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 19:44:01 +0200, Jürgen R. wrote:

[...]
John Peters, which is at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Peters

However, I do not know much about Peters,

Please don't let that keep you from writing his biography.

If you had read the page, you would have known that I did not write
his biography.

I simply created a "stub" which is a shell which makes it easier for
someone more qualified than I to write his biography.