Old October 29th 05, 11:46 PM

Default Karpov

Arbat Bank, where ex World Chess Champion A. Karpov is the Chairman of
the Board of Directors, lost its license for money laundering

The Bank of Russia from 8 September has withdrawn the license for bank
transactions from the Company "Arbat Bank", is in the information
by the Central Bank. It has established numerous facts of the violation
of the legislation to counteract against the money laundering. The Bank
has not been submitting in due course to the Federal Financial
Monitoring Service the information on the transactions, subject to
obligatory supervision, and did not register any data on the
identification their clients-physical persons. There has been absence
of the necessary control to create the cashier documents in the bank,
and there have been other violations of the bank legislation and
regulations of the Bank of Russia, for which the Central Bank has on
several occasions implemented various penalties.
During the current year the Bank has provided his clientele the cash
monies for the amount more than 22 billion rubles (allegedly for the
purchase of the agricultural produce and stock), having at the same
time the currency balance of 475 million rubles.
From 8 September in Arbat Bank there is a provisional administration

led by the Central Bank representative V. Kalygin.

Arbat Bank was founded in 1994, the initial capital was 40.4 mln
rubles. There is no public information on the stock-holders. Anatoly
Karpov, ex World Chess Champion, President of the International
Association of the Peace Foundations, and the UNICEF Ambassador in
Russia and Eastern Europe heads the Bank's Board of Directors.

Old October 30th 05, 09:33 AM
Jerzy

Arbat Bank, where ex World Chess Champion A. Karpov is the Chairman of
the Board of Directors, lost its license for money laundering

According to the data of Europol 50% of Russian banks are in the hands of
mafia. But I`ve heard lately that all of them are ;-)

Old October 30th 05, 11:26 AM
Tyrone Slothrop

Jerzy wrote:
Arbat Bank, where ex World Chess Champion A. Karpov is the Chairman of
the Board of Directors, lost its license for money laundering

According to the data of Europol 50% of Russian banks are in the hands of
mafia. But I`ve heard lately that all of them are ;-)

Please give a citation for this information.

I know some Russian bank owners and I know some Russian mafiaoso. And
neither are all Russian bank owners mafia nor are all Russian mafiaoso
bank owners. In fact, in my small sample, these don't intersect at
all.

Old October 30th 05, 01:36 PM
Jerzy

Please give a citation for this information.

What information 50 or 100 % ? Go to the Europol site www.europol.eu.int to
check the first.

I know some Russian bank owners and I know some Russian mafiaoso. And
neither are all Russian bank owners mafia nor are all Russian mafiaoso
bank owners. In fact, in my small sample, these don't intersect at
all.

Please give names and addresses of those mafioso

Old October 31st 05, 02:27 AM
Angelo DePalma

Any Russian bank which does not pay the required 40% business access fee to
the greasy little guy in the leather jacket who shows up every Monday is
automatically convicted of money laundering.

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

From 8 September in Arbat Bank there is a provisional administration

Old October 31st 05, 03:22 AM
Tyrone Slothrop

Jerzy wrote:
Please give a citation for this information.

What information 50 or 100 % ? Go to the Europol site www.europol.eu.int to
check the first.

When searching for the keywords mafia and banks, it only gives me this
one page:
http://www.europol.eu.int/index.asp?...eassessmentthb

What should I be looking for?

I know some Russian bank owners and I know some Russian mafiaoso. And
neither are all Russian bank owners mafia nor are all Russian mafiaoso
bank owners. In fact, in my small sample, these don't intersect at
all.

Please give names and addresses of those mafioso

It will be safer for both of us if I don't.

Addresses? It is safe to say that the most significant Moskovskaya
oblast-based bratva are in Solntsevo, Ostankino, Lubertsy, Dolgoprudny,
Podolsk, Izmailova, and Luchansky. These hubs serve as their "calling
cards".

But of course, there are those that claim the greatest bratva of them
all is nestled within the walls of the Kremlin. Those that say this
dilute the entire meaning of "bratva"...

Old October 31st 05, 10:22 AM
Jerzy

When searching for the keywords mafia and banks, it only gives me this
one page:
http://www.europol.eu.int/index.asp?...eassessmentthb

What should I be looking for?

Well, the source of my information is the book "Wladimir Putin : Wohin
steuert er Russland" by Boris Reitschuster. A gorgeous book BTW. The author
claims that according to the data of Europol 50% of Russian banks are in the
hands of mafia.

Please give names and addresses of those mafioso

It will be safer for both of us if I don't.

I`m not afraid of no mafia. However Yuri Shchekochikhin, who was an official
critic of the mafia, was poisoned by them.

Addresses? It is safe to say that the most significant Moskovskaya
oblast-based bratva are in Solntsevo, Ostankino, Lubertsy, Dolgoprudny,
Podolsk, Izmailova, and Luchansky. These hubs serve as their "calling
cards".

But of course, there are those that claim the greatest bratva of them
all is nestled within the walls of the Kremlin. Those that say this
dilute the entire meaning of "bratva"...

I think that your interrogation leads you to the right direction : behind
the Red Square and the tomb of Lenin there is Kremlin

Old October 31st 05, 05:56 PM
Liam Too

Jerzy wrote:
I`m not afraid of no mafia.

You haven't heard of vito Corleone and the rest of his Mafia family
then.

Old October 31st 05, 06:44 PM
Jerzy

I`m not afraid of no mafia.

You haven't heard of vito Corleone and the rest of his Mafia family
then.

I ain`t afraid of them either. I`ve read the book "Godfather" and my
favourite video game on PC is Mafia of course

Old October 31st 05, 09:15 PM
Liam Too

Jerzy wrote:
I ain`t afraid of them either. I`ve read the book "Godfather" and my
favourite video game on PC is Mafia of course

Aha, you must be one of them then. There is that thing that if you're
not scared of them, you must have joined them. :-)