Old November 5th 05, 03:33 PM

Default Sam Sloan's US History for Wikipedia

On 2 Nov 2005 13:16:58 -0800, "Niemand" wrote:

Sam Sloan's Wikipedia entry on "United States, Early History
of":

George Washington was born when he was very young. Together with
Ulysses S. Grant, Franklin Roosevelt, and his trusted advisor Sam
Sloan, he founded the Untied States of Aremica in 1492.
The first problem was how to win independence from Spain. This was
accomplished by building the Panama Canal, which severed the land
bridge between the two continents. This is why there are no mammals on
the North American continent today.
Then the Revelationary War was fought to gain religious dependence.
Relying heavily on Sloan's expert military advice, Washington was
able to defeat Napoleon at the Battle of Valley Forge, Lee at Waterloo,
and the Michigan State Spartans at Thermopylae, guaranteeing low
tariffs for the foreseeable future.
After the war, President Benjamin Franklin decreed a new
constitution, written by Alexander Hamilton-Beach, James Madison
Wisconsin, and brewer Sam Adams (with considerable help from Sloan),
which replaced the Articles of Confabulation. Their wives, Anna and
Louisa, bought a large parcel of property in Florida, which became
known as the Louisa-Anna Purchase.
When bubonic plague ruined their potato crop, millions of Scotsmen
decided to immigrate to America. This filled the country with dread,
and became known as the Dread Scot Decision. The mass influx of Scotch
led to the later Whisky Rebellion, which overthrew the Bourbon dynasty.
The Monroe Doctrine was declared by President Kennedy, granting him
and Norman T. Whitaker exclusive conjugal rights to Marilyn. They would
sometimes both exercise this right at the same time; this is known as a
"simul."
The Civil War, pitting East against West, was fought mainly over the
issue of slavery vs. sexual freedom. General Sam Sloan, commanding the
Unitarian forces, won a decisive victory over Jefferson Thomas at the
Battle of the Seven Condoms. Abraham Lincoln then retired to his
Gettysburg address, where he was assassinated on three occasions.

"Niemand'' is a pseudonym for Taylor Kingston. Taylor Kingston is the
most amazing asshole on all these groups combined. He goes through
postings and books written by people he dislikes and then claims to
have found errors in these books, when in most cases what the original
author wrote is correct and what Taylor Kingston writes is just a lie.

The best known example of this is where Kingston wrote that he had a
2300+ Elo Rating, when in reality Kingston has never had a Elo Rating
at all and his highest USCF rating has been 1853.

All of Kingston's postings are riddled with false statements. For
example, he just wrote that Hilbert's book on Whitaker says that the
1947 US Open was held in Ft. Worth, Texas. Hilbert's book says no such
thing. The book says that the 1947 US Open was held in Corpus Christi
and the 1951 US Open was held in Ft. Worth.

Similarly, Kingston had stated releatedly that Tim Harding is an
international master, whereas in reality Tim Harding has no
international title.

Kingston wrote that Korchnoi was a citizen of the USSR in 1978,
whereas in reality everybody knows that Korchnoi had defected several
years earlier.

None of this would matter except that Kingston over and over again
hounds authors he does like about insignificant errors.

For example for at least the two dozenth time, Kingston has just
again brought up the error by Eric Schiller where Schiller wrote in
1987 (which was 18 years ago) that Grandmaster Westerinen had written
a book on Nc6 in the Nimzovitch Defense, whereas in reality the
Westerinen book had been on Nc6 in the Kings Indian Defense. This
error has been pointed out and acknowledged by Schiller himself and
corrected in subsequent editions of the book. Meanwhile Kingston
refuses to acknowledge errors he made yesterday, with all of the
resources available on the Internet which Schiller did not have.

In the posting above, Taylor Kingston, using a false name, attempts to
parody an article I wrote for Wikipedia about Norman T. Whitaker.
Kingston has "corrected" that article, again using a false ID. All of
Kingston's corrections have since been removed by a Wikipedia
administrator, for the obvious reason that Kingston's corections were
nothing more than personal attacks on me. What I wrote was
substantially correct. The changes Kingston made were mostly wrong. As
usual, Kingston has contributed nothing himself but just knocks the
work of others.

Old November 5th 05, 04:11 PM

I did not write this. This was almost without doubt written by Sam
Sloan, who often humiliates himself in order to draw attention to
himself.

The better looking Sam Sloan

Old November 5th 05, 04:18 PM
Niemand

Sam Sloan wrote:
"Niemand'' is a pseudonym for Taylor Kingston.

Yes, Sam, this is well known. It's just an affectation, a way of
wearing gloves when dealing with this group's more noxious elements.

Taylor Kingston ... goes through
postings and books written by people he dislikes and then claims to
have found errors in these books, when in most cases what the original
author wrote is correct and what Taylor Kingston writes is just a lie.

Wow! Got any examples? I feel like I've been accused of anti-Semitism
by Bobby Fischer.

The best known example of this is where Kingston wrote that he had a
2300+ Elo Rating, when in reality Kingston has never had a Elo Rating
at all and his highest USCF rating has been 1853.

Sam as usual fails to mention that I was referring to my USCF postal
chess rating, which did peak at around 2300 circa 1984.

All of Kingston's postings are riddled with false statements. For
example, he just wrote that Hilbert's book on Whitaker says that the
1947 US Open was held in Ft. Worth, Texas. Hilbert's book says no such
thing.

Really? Check page 471. Whether the statement is correct or not, my
copy clearly says "1947: Returns to chess, playing at the United States
Open at Fort Worth."

Similarly, Kingston had stated releatedly that Tim Harding is an
international master, whereas in reality Tim Harding has no
international title.

You really do have a problem recognizing correspondence chess titles,
don't you, Sam?

Kingston wrote that Korchnoi was a citizen of the USSR in 1978,
whereas in reality everybody knows that Korchnoi had defected several
years earlier.

An error which I immediately corrected, as anyone can check via
Google search.

In the posting above, Taylor Kingston, using a false name, attempts to
parody an article I wrote for Wikipedia about Norman T. Whitaker.
Kingston has "corrected" that article, again using a false ID.

"False ID"? Ahem, Sam -- I put my name or initials on every
correction I made to your Wikipedia article.

All of
Kingston's corrections have since been removed by a Wikipedia
administrator, for the obvious reason that Kingston's corections were
nothing more than personal attacks on me. What I wrote was
substantially correct. The changes Kingston made were mostly wrong.

What a joke! Checking your latest version, I notice that you have
incorporated *_virtually all my corrections_*, as if they were your own
idea. Without them, your Whitaker article would still have more errors
than a dog has fleas.
I don't care whose name is on the Wikipedia article, as long as it's
factually correct. Any credit really belongs to John Hilbert, author of
the Whitaker biography. If Sam wishes to avoid public chastisement for
ridiculous historical errors, I would suggest he do his research
*_before_* he writes and posts his articles here and/or on Wikipedia.

Old November 5th 05, 04:27 PM
jr

"Yes, Sam, this is well known. It's just an affectation, a way of
wearing gloves when dealing with this group's more noxious elements."
-- Taylor Kingston (Niemand)

Some of us consider Kingston, like his buddy Edward Winter, to be a
noxious element in the chess world.

Old November 5th 05, 10:17 PM

I just have two questions:

1. Has Taylor Kingston always been a liar, or is this a new
development?

2. Will Taylor Kingston ever stop lying? Is this a permanent
condition?

On 5 Nov 2005 08:18:39 -0800, "Niemand" wrote:

Sam Sloan wrote:
"Niemand'' is a pseudonym for Taylor Kingston.

Yes, Sam, this is well known. It's just an affectation, a way of
wearing gloves when dealing with this group's more noxious elements.

If this is well known, then stop using it when you are attacking
someone, for those who do not know it.

Taylor Kingston ... goes through
postings and books written by people he dislikes and then claims to
have found errors in these books, when in most cases what the original
author wrote is correct and what Taylor Kingston writes is just a lie.

Wow! Got any examples? I feel like I've been accused of anti-Semitism
by Bobby Fischer.

The best known example of this is where Kingston wrote that he had a
2300+ Elo Rating, when in reality Kingston has never had a Elo Rating
at all and his highest USCF rating has been 1853.

Sam as usual fails to mention that I was referring to my USCF postal
chess rating, which did peak at around 2300 circa 1984.

A lie. Here is what Taylor Kingston actually wrote:

On 5 Jun 2005 17:23:27 -0700, "Taylor Kingston"
wrote:

Interesting, if not really relevant to historical issues. Still, on
the subject of playing strength, I have never claimed to be any great
player, but I think with a peak Elo of 2300+, and a top ranking of, as
I recall, #46 in the country, I was a tad better than "weak."

As can be seen, nowhere did Taylor Kingston state or suggest that this
was a correspondence rating. Elo Ratings are ratings calculated by
Professor Arpad Elo, a professor of physics at Marquette University.
The only Elo Ratings are on the FIDE Rating lists or in the book by
Professor Elo, "The Rating of Chess Players". Since Taylor Kingston
has never been rated by FIDE nor is his name in Elo's book, he has
never has an Elo Rating.

All of Kingston's postings are riddled with false statements. For
example, he just wrote that Hilbert's book on Whitaker says that the
1947 US Open was held in Ft. Worth, Texas. Hilbert's book says no such
thing.

Really? Check page 471. Whether the statement is correct or not, my
copy clearly says "1947: Returns to chess, playing at the United States
Open at Fort Worth."

Obviously a typographical error, since pages 301, 302, 391 and 392
clearly state that the 1947 US Open was held in Corpus Christi.

Remember, by saying that the 1947 US Open was held in Ft. Worth, you
were purporting to correct an error that you claim that I made. If you
have the audacity to correct somebody else's error, you should first
make certain of your facts.

Similarly, Kingston had stated releatedly that Tim Harding is an
international master, whereas in reality Tim Harding has no
international title.

Another lie. I just did a Google Search for "IM Tim Harding" and I
found five times where you referred to him as an International Master,
not as a correspondence player. These occured on September 14, 15 and
20 and October 15 and 17. All of these references involved attacks on
Schiller or Parr. For example, on September 14, 2005, Taylor Kingston
wrote under "A Blatant Lie by Parr":

I have just heard from Irish IM Tim Harding, editor of Chess Mail
magazine, author of a book on the Nimzovich Defense, and an
expert on its literature.

Now you write:

You really do have a problem recognizing correspondence chess
titles, don't you, Sam?

But you have never stated up until this moment that it was a
correspondence title.

When I was 16 years old, I played successfully in the ICCF
Correspondence Master Class, but I was only rated 1600 or 1700 by the
USCF at the time. Nobody accepts correspondence titles as the
equivalent of over-the-board titles.

Kingston wrote that Korchnoi was a citizen of the USSR in 1978,
whereas in reality everybody knows that Korchnoi had defected several
years earlier.

An error which I immediately corrected, as anyone can check via
Google search.

You corrected it after several people pointed it out. Of course, you
had to correct that one, because everybody knew that was wrong,
without even looking it up.

In the posting above, Taylor Kingston, using a false name, attempts to
parody an article I wrote for Wikipedia about Norman T. Whitaker.
Kingston has "corrected" that article, again using a false ID.

"False ID"? Ahem, Sam -- I put my name or initials on every
correction I made to your Wikipedia article.

Another lie. Where? Fortunately, in most cases Wikipedia preserves the
changes. You can see the changes Taylor Kingston made at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...did=270714 20

Taylor Kingston wrote on Wikipedia the following:

"Readers are advised that the following, by Sam Sloan,
contains more errors than facts. To name only a few, Whitaker never
played for a chess Olympiad team, served less than two years in
Alcatraz, was one of America's top players only circa 1921-1930, not
1913-1948."

This is clearly not an appropriate statement for posting on Wikipedia.
A few more postings like that and they will ban you.

Of course, they cannot ban you because you posted anonymously as
69.171.206.182

I found that this is in Burlington, Vermont from the IP Locater at
http://www.geobytes.com/IpLocator.htm?GetLocation

That is how I know it was you.

All of
Kingston's corrections have since been removed by a Wikipedia
administrator, for the obvious reason that Kingston's corections were
nothing more than personal attacks on me. What I wrote was
substantially correct. The changes Kingston made were mostly wrong.

What a joke! Checking your latest version, I notice that you have
incorporated *_virtually all my corrections_*, as if they were your own
idea. Without them, your Whitaker article would still have more errors
than a dog has fleas.

I did not incorporate them. This was done by Fplay, who wrote:
Fplay m (Integrate TK's changes, then let he and Sloan sort out
details).

I certainly did not incorporate your corrections, as your corrections
were incorrect.

I don't care whose name is on the Wikipedia article, as long as it's
factually correct. Any credit really belongs to John Hilbert, author of
the Whitaker biography. If Sam wishes to avoid public chastisement for
ridiculous historical errors, I would suggest he do his research
*_before_* he writes and posts his articles here and/or on Wikipedia.

As I have pointed out elsewhere, I knew Norman T. Whitaker, John
Hilbert did not. Therefore, I will always know things about Whitaker
that Hilbert does not know.

Taylor Kingston wastes all of our times with lies and personal attacks
on people, including me, Schiller, Keene, Parr and Evans.

Old November 6th 05, 12:44 AM
Niemand

Sam Sloan wrote:
I did not incorporate them. This was done by Fplay, who wrote:
Fplay m (Integrate TK's changes, then let he and Sloan sort out
details).

Well, good for Fplay. He certainly has more sense than you, Sam. So I
guess you have decided not to fulfill Larry Parr's overly optimistic
prediction, that you would post corrections yourself? Doesn't surprise
me. From his collaboration with Denker, Larry actually does know a
thing or two about Whitaker, and on rare occasions Larry actually does
recommend the right thing. But that is no guarantee you will follow
through.

I certainly did not incorporate your corrections, as your corrections
were incorrect.

Yes, Sam, we all know that you shared that cell in Alcatraz with
Norman Whitaker for 14 years, so your authority in these matters is
beyond question. You go ahead and believe and write whatever you like;
I wash my hands of it.

Old November 6th 05, 03:48 AM

NOXIOUS ELEMENTS

Sam as usual fails to mention that I was referring

to my USCF postal chess rating, which did peak at
around 2300 circa 1984. -- Taylor Kingston

Taylor Kingston wastes all of our times with lies and
personal attacks on people, including me, Schiller, Keene,
Parr and Evans. -- Sam Sloan

So NM Taylor Kingston, the man who lied about his
rating, is Niemand. He used the false name so that he
could keep his noxious elements at arm's length.
That, then, is the latest excuse.

One suspects that NM Kingston will be telling us
that is why he was Xylothist, defending his statements
when he his own name seemed inadequate. I call it
intellectual cowardice and dishonesty; our NM Kingston
considers it hygiene. Amazing stuff.

Up until this time, NM Kingston has not answered
whether he assumed the monicker Xylothist when
debating with this writer so as to escape the
intellectual heat. Pitiful stuff, too. But it is the
standard he evidently lives by. He considers it high
honesty -- NM Kingston at his very best. I consider
it despicable.

As for NM Kingston's statement about his
postal rating, he misleads. Quite deliberately.
He made the claim about being 2300+ Elo
with no ironic intent, quite straightforwardly, and
did NOT mention it was a postal rating until outed.

The guy is an ego-driven beaut'.

Old November 6th 05, 06:16 PM

At 10:54 AM 11/6/2005 EST, wrote:
In a message dated 11/5/05 10:34:13 AM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

Kingston has just
again brought up the error by Eric Schiller where Schiller wrote in
1987 (which was 18 years ago) that Grandmaster Westerinen had written
a book on Nc6 in the Nimzovitch Defense, whereas in reality the
Westerinen book had been on Nc6 in the Kings Indian Defense. This
error has been pointed out and acknowledged by Schiller himself and
corrected in subsequent editions of the book. Meanwhile Kingston
refuses to acknowledge errors he made yesterday, with all of the
resources available on the Internet which Schiller did not have.

The reason this one is such a sore point with Kingston (and H. Myers) is
that Mr. Schiller tossed off the comment that Westerinen's book (on ...Nc6)
was the BEST one (a slap at Myers' work).

Obviously, Mr. Schiller had never even read Westerinen's book -- anyone
who was familiar with chess catalogues at the time knew it was on the
King's Indian, not the Nimzowitsch Defense.

Both groups write books on unusual openings, so this is a ****ing contest
between them...not a typo discussion.

ECJ.

I agree that Hugh Myers had a right to be annoyed. The Nimzovitch
Defense is his baby. Myers even played it against me in 1969, but I
won that game. Schiller's remark was a slap at Myers' book, and so
Myers was rightfully annoyed.

Taylor Kingston on the other hand just attacks with everything written
by Schiller, Keene, Evans, and Parr. It is only very recently that
Kingston has added Sam Sloan to the list of people he attacks all the
time.

I am pointing out that only yesterday, Kingston again brought up his
complaint about an error Schiller made in 1987. Kingston has brought
this same error up more than 20 times in the past few months.
Meanwhile, Kingston makes much bigger errors, such as saying that the
Elo Rating System started in 1951, when it actually started in 1960.

One wonders if Taylor Kingston even knows what the Elo Rating System
is, since Kingston claimed that he had a 2300+ Elo Rating, whereas in
reality he has never had an Elo Rating at all.

Old November 6th 05, 10:37 PM
Louis Blair

Sam Sloan wrote (Sat, 05 Nov 2005
15:33:20 +0000 (GMT)):

for at least the two dozenth time, Kingston has
just again brought up the error by Eric Schiller
where Schiller wrote in 1987 (which was 18 years
ago) that Grandmaster Westerinen had written a
book on Nc6 in the Nimzovitch Defense, whereas
in reality the Westerinen book had been on Nc6
in the Kings Indian Defense.

_
There was more to the error than that. We were
told that "Westerinen's is the best" book on the
Nimzovich Defense.

_
Sam Sloan wrote (Sat, 05 Nov 2005
15:33:20 +0000 (GMT)):

This error has been pointed out and
acknowledged by Schiller himself and
corrected in subsequent editions of
the book.

_
Where is the explanation of how it came about
that it was believed that the Westerinen book
was the best on 1 e4 Nc6 and how the belief
got into the Unorthodox Openings book?