Old November 9th 05, 06:54 PM
Ray Gordon

Default The best chess advice ever (from Vinny Livermore)

He said it out of financial motivation, but it should be every serious
player's mantra:

GET YOUR GAMES IN!

Whenever I hit Washington Square Park, Mr. Livermore would always ask "Do
you want to get your games in?" He did it to hustle, but the advice is
sound and something people should remember.

No matter what else is going on in your life, GET YOUR GAMES IN!!!

It's amazing how many weaknesses a player can plug up if he just gets his
games in, every day.

Old November 9th 05, 11:02 PM
Matt Nemmers

"Ray Gordon" wrote in message
He said it out of financial motivation, but it should be every serious
player's mantra:

GET YOUR GAMES IN!

Whenever I hit Washington Square Park, Mr. Livermore would always ask "Do
you want to get your games in?" He did it to hustle, but the advice is
sound and something people should remember.

No matter what else is going on in your life, GET YOUR GAMES IN!!!

It's amazing how many weaknesses a player can plug up if he just gets his
games in, every day.

Sage wisdom from someone who hasn't played a rated game in almost 16 years.

Old November 9th 05, 11:41 PM
Ray Gordon

He said it out of financial motivation, but it should be every serious
player's mantra:

GET YOUR GAMES IN!

Whenever I hit Washington Square Park, Mr. Livermore would always ask "Do
you want to get your games in?" He did it to hustle, but the advice is
sound and something people should remember.

No matter what else is going on in your life, GET YOUR GAMES IN!!!

It's amazing how many weaknesses a player can plug up if he just gets his
games in, every day.

Sage wisdom from someone who hasn't played a rated game in almost 16
years.

Who needs rated chess?

Old November 10th 05, 12:59 AM
Ray Gordon

It's amazing how many weaknesses a player can plug up if he just gets his
games in, every day.

Sage wisdom from someone who hasn't played a rated game in almost 16
years.

Correction: he means USCF rated game.

Tons of internet servers have rating systems now.

Old November 10th 05, 01:34 AM
Matt Nemmers

"Ray Gordon" wrote in message
He said it out of financial motivation, but it should be every serious
player's mantra:

GET YOUR GAMES IN!

Whenever I hit Washington Square Park, Mr. Livermore would always ask
"Do you want to get your games in?" He did it to hustle, but the advice
is sound and something people should remember.

No matter what else is going on in your life, GET YOUR GAMES IN!!!

It's amazing how many weaknesses a player can plug up if he just gets
his games in, every day.

Sage wisdom from someone who hasn't played a rated game in almost 16
years.

Who needs rated chess?

LOL.

As if there were another kind of meaningful chess.

Old November 10th 05, 01:36 AM
Matt Nemmers

"Ray Gordon" wrote in message
It's amazing how many weaknesses a player can plug up if he just gets
his games in, every day.

Sage wisdom from someone who hasn't played a rated game in almost 16
years.

Correction: he means USCF rated game.

That I do.

Tons of internet servers have rating systems now.

Yes, they do. And they're really accurate. And meaningful.

I can just imagine how impressed "all your lady friends" are with your 1500
ICC rating.

Old November 10th 05, 01:42 AM
Ray Gordon

I'm at least 1600. I'll sue your ass off for defaming me.

Old November 10th 05, 03:30 AM
Matt Nemmers

"Ray Gordon" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm at least 1600. I'll sue your ass off for defaming me.

ROFLMFAO.

Still waiting for my papers, tough guy. Need that address again?

Old November 10th 05, 03:40 AM
Ray Gordon

Don't challenge me. You'll be sorry.

Old November 10th 05, 04:46 AM
Angelo DePalma

Get your games in what? A soiled falafel wrapper?

"Ray Gordon" wrote

GET YOUR GAMES IN!