Old November 10th 05, 09:48 AM
FiFiela

Default How Do I Clear All These Useless Threads?

Is there some way here to "Mark All Read" or "Clear All" or just get
read on all the older threads I see everytime I log on?

I got piles of old topics littering me up here and I just what to get
read all preivously posted crud. Stuff use to disappear or scroll off
here but now all the low-value recent stuff just hangs on and on.
Perhaps I deleted a useful cookie.

I would like to start fresh since almost nothing of value has been
posted here in about a month.

Old November 10th 05, 02:01 PM
David Ames

FiFiela wrote:
Is there some way here to "Mark All Read" or "Clear All" or just get
read on all the older threads I see everytime I log on?

I got piles of old topics littering me up here and I just what to get
read all preivously posted crud. Stuff use to disappear or scroll off
here but now all the low-value recent stuff just hangs on and on.
Perhaps I deleted a useful cookie.

I would like to start fresh since almost nothing of value has been
posted here in about a month.

In the alternative, you may view everything through groups.google.com.

David Ames

Old November 10th 05, 03:43 PM
Jerzy

I would like to start fresh since almost nothing of value has been
posted here in about a month.

Some things you can`t buy

Old November 10th 05, 09:44 PM

A month, you're an optimist. It's been years.

Old November 12th 05, 03:40 AM
Fred Lucite

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 at 01:48 -0800, FiFiela scribbled:
-Is there some way here to "Mark All Read" or "Clear All" or just
-get read on all the older threads I see everytime I log on?

Try using what's called a newsreader program. A good newsreader
program would do these things and more, would be easy to use, and
would provide help files to explain how to configure it. As an ad-
ditional bonus, it would also allow you to read newsgroups in other
ways than by threads (which is just about the worst way, especially
if you're concerned about reading efficiently and discarding old
junky postings).

BTW, in this great modern age (sarcasm intended) of googling,
there is no such thing as an old thread. With 'thread drift' being
ubiquitous nowadays, subject headers mean nothing anymore and the
only way to tell what's being posted is to read it. (Well, that's
the only way for threadsters [thread-readers]. I use a different
method.)
david moeser -- erasmus39 on yahoo
Censornati, Ohio - USA

* Feed your ego -- Play Chess! *