Old November 11th 05, 01:14 PM
Ray Gordon

Default The end of chess

Copyright 2005 Ray Gordon Limited. All rights reserved. Republication
or redistribution of Ray Gordon content, including by framing or
similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written
consent of Ray Gordon. Ray Gordon shall not be liable for any errors or
delays in content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon. All
active hyperlinks have been inserted by Ray Gordon.

Old November 11th 05, 02:50 PM

See: "Is Chess Dying?"

http://wcn.tentonhammer.com/print.php?sid=417

Old November 13th 05, 06:18 AM
Tom Klem

Perhaps it is not Chess which is dead but this newsgroup??

Rather quiet here the last few days.

Peace!! Security!!! Prosperity!!!!

Tom Klem
"Whenever it is that they are saying: 'Peace and security!' then sudden
destruction is to be instantly upon them."-1 Thess. 5:3.

oups.com...

Old November 13th 05, 11:21 PM
Jerzy

See: "Is Chess Dying?"

Capablanka had also predicted a drawish death of chess however then came
Alekhine and beat him

Old November 14th 05, 02:59 AM

"Perhaps it is not Chess which is dead but this newsgroup?? "
Tom Klem
==============
It would seem rgcp is dying. It has certainly seen better days. I
think the fake posts have really hurt this place.

Old Haasie

Old November 14th 05, 06:43 AM
Tom Klem

Just for spite, yes?

Tom Klem
"No Kirk. The game's not over ... To the last, I will grapple with thee ...
from Hell's heart; I stab at thee. For hate's sake, I spit my last breath
.... at thee!"
---Khan, "Star Trek II, The Wrath of Khan

Old November 14th 05, 10:29 AM

QUASHING DISSENT

t would seem rgcp is dying. It has certainly seen
better days. I think the fake posts have really hurt this place.
-- Richard Haas

I just got over the flu bug. By tomorrow, I hope to be back in
better shape
for the continuing battles.

As for the false names, cui bono?

One of the earlier false names was Xylothist, one of
several adopted by Taylor Kingston because he felt he needed
some insulation when the intellectual heat singed that
ego of his. The Taylor Kingstons, Stan Boozes, Hanon
Russells, and the current political crop evidently hope
to drive rgcp under through absence of participation.
They agree on relatively little except that these forums
represent the barbarians at their gate.

It won't work even with the ploys currently being
exercised. So long as they can keep a lid on the
news, this forum will be pretty much a place of false
monickers by those who wish to quash dissent.

Once the news gets out -- and it will -- then there will be
plenty of outrage, and the politicians will begin
posting here and elsewhere under their own names as
they "explain" this and defend that.

One senses who is behind the current strategy,
and this person is evidently the brightest of the
entire political group. The Federation membership
finally has an opponent who can figure out the
politics of quashing dissent.

Old November 14th 05, 01:12 PM
Taylor Kingston

Tom Klem wrote:
Just for spite, yes?

Tom Klem
"No Kirk. The game's not over ... To the last, I will grapple with thee ...
from Hell's heart; I stab at thee. For hate's sake, I spit my last breath
... at thee!"
---Khan, "Star Trek II, The Wrath of Khan

Wasn't most of that from "Moby Dick"?

Old November 14th 05, 01:21 PM

Wasn't most of that from "Moby Dick"?

The best bit of Moby Dick was when Kirk turned up.

Old November 14th 05, 03:51 PM
Randy Bauer

In article . com,
says...

QUASHING DISSENT

t would seem rgcp is dying. It has certainly seen
better days. I think the fake posts have really hurt this place.
-- Richard Haas

I just got over the flu bug. By tomorrow, I hope to be back in
better shape
for the continuing battles.

As for the false names, cui bono?

One of the earlier false names was Xylothist, one of
several adopted by Taylor Kingston because he felt he needed
some insulation when the intellectual heat singed that
ego of his. The Taylor Kingstons, Stan Boozes, Hanon
Russells, and the current political crop evidently hope
to drive rgcp under through absence of participation.
They agree on relatively little except that these forums
represent the barbarians at their gate.

I don't think this is what Mr. Haas is referring to. I have no problem with
people using a psuedonym -- some people prefer annonymity, and some, like "The
Masked Bishop" have provided plenty of good content and humor over the years.
For that matter, there are plenty of pseudonyms where we're pretty sure who they
are -- Spam Scone is Neal Brennan, Catalan is Stan Boos, etc. -- what's the big
deal?

The "false posters" are those who, for example, claim to be "Sam Sloan" when in
fact they are not. While I rarely agree with the "real" Sam Sloan, it serves no
useful purpose for discussion on these forums to attribute statements to him
that are not his. God knows he says enough outlandish stuff without having to
make up more.

It won't work even with the ploys currently being
exercised. So long as they can keep a lid on the
news, this forum will be pretty much a place of false
monickers by those who wish to quash dissent.

Once the news gets out -- and it will -- then there will be
plenty of outrage, and the politicians will begin
posting here and elsewhere under their own names as
they "explain" this and defend that.

One senses who is behind the current strategy,
and this person is evidently the brightest of the
entire political group. The Federation membership
finally has an opponent who can figure out the
politics of quashing dissent.

Come on, Larry, don't die with the secret.

Randy Bauer