Old November 14th 05, 08:55 AM
Sanny

Default Now, Even the Beginner Level plays better than me.

I recently talked about the Online Game you can play at:

http://www.softtanks.com/chessgame/Chess.html (Free to play)

It went through a lot of improvements and now it is playing great moves
in little time.

It gives you points 100,200,300.... etc depending on level you won.

I managed to defeat Level Beginner with tough fight and scored 100
points.

Earlier Getting 200 points was not a big deal now It becomes
interesting as the moves comes fast and of good quality.

Visit: http://www.softtanks.com/chessgame/Chess.html and see how much
you can score.

Bye
Sanjay

http://www.softtanks.com/chessgame/Chess.html

Old November 14th 05, 11:09 PM
bateman

I think it's the weakest program I ever played. I mated it in 16 moves.
I didn't bother to submit as I have no idea who administers the site
and I dont submit my e-mail addy to just anyone.

Old November 14th 05, 11:45 PM
bateman

Here's the game, I was really tired at the time so don't slate me if I
missed a quicker annhilation.....

program is white.

d4 Nf6
Bg5 e6
Bxf6 Qxf6
a3? c5
dxc Bxc5
Kd2?? Qxb2
Ra2 Qxc3+
Kc1 0-0
e3 Bf6
Ne2 Qc7
Nd4 Nc6
Nxc6 bxc6
Bd3 d5
Qf3 c5
Kb1 Rb8+
Kc1 c4
Bf1 Bc3
e4 d4
Kc1?? Rb1+
Ke2 Re1#

20 moves then, not 16.

Old November 14th 05, 11:54 PM
bateman

Missed a move. Forgot to record after 6...Qxb2 there follows7.Nc3, Bd4,
8.Ra2 then back to notation commencing with Qxc3+.....sorry.

Old November 15th 05, 07:11 AM
Daniel W. Rouse Jr.

"Sanny" wrote in message
oups.com...
I recently talked about the Online Game you can play at:

http://www.softtanks.com/chessgame/Chess.html (Free to play)

It went through a lot of improvements and now it is playing great moves
in little time.

It gives you points 100,200,300.... etc depending on level you won.

I managed to defeat Level Beginner with tough fight and scored 100
points.

Earlier Getting 200 points was not a big deal now It becomes
interesting as the moves comes fast and of good quality.

Visit: http://www.softtanks.com/chessgame/Chess.html and see how much
you can score.

It needs a lot of improvement.

I intentionally opened myself up to the Fool's Mate, just to see what it
would do. I played as White:

f3 d5
g4 Nf6

(It didn't even recognize the Fool's Mate??? Okay, so let's play on from a
very weak position...)

e4 dxe4
Bc4 exf3
Nxf3 Bg4
O-O Bf3
Qxf3 Qc8
Bb5+ Kd8
Qd3 Nd7
Nc3 c6
Ba4 Ng4
Rf7 Ke8
Bb3 Ne5
Rxe7+ Kxe7
Nd5+ cxd5
Qxd5 Ng6

I kept playing but stopped notating at this point... there is NO REASON why
I should have not been defeated by now with the Fool's Mate opening and such
weak middle game moves.

I finally ended up getting a score of 50 (draw) because the computer
insisted on moving into the same position three times after I kept checking
it with my queen.

Old November 15th 05, 03:32 PM
Chess One

"Daniel W. Rouse Jr." wrote in message
"Sanny" wrote in message
oups.com...
I recently talked about the Online Game you can play at:

http://www.softtanks.com/chessgame/Chess.html (Free to play)

Just tried it again and got

"The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site
owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later."

Phil Innes

Old November 16th 05, 07:15 AM
Sanny

Currently the game is on low bandwidth server. Any suggestion on cheap
high bandwidth hosting. I need 100+ GB / month hosting.

Bye
Sanjay.