Old November 15th 05, 03:22 AM
Vladyslav Kosulin

Default Topalov officially refused the offer to play vs. Kramnik!

http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=2738

Chicken looking for golden (green, to be precise) eggs only.

Does he really believes his title worth something?

Regards,
Vlad
Old November 15th 05, 08:51 AM
Jerzy

Vladyslav Kosulin wrote:
http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=2738

Chicken looking for golden (green, to be precise) eggs only.

Does he really believes his title worth something?

That`s correct, Kramnik`s title means nth. He`s chickened out so many times
since his match with Kasparov in London.

He should show us more fighting chess not only short draws. By now I cannot
see Kramnik as a legitimate challenger for Topalov.

Old November 15th 05, 12:40 PM

"In principle Kramnik can play the winner" lied FIDE president Kirsan
Ilyumzhinov (9/24/05).

Yet it's quite clear from the Chessbase report that FIDE scuttled the
$l.4 million challenge to Topalov offered by Kramnik.

And so it goes.

Old November 16th 05, 07:23 AM
Jerzy

Larry Parr wrote:
"In principle Kramnik can play the winner" lied FIDE president Kirsan
Ilyumzhinov (9/24/05).

Yet it's quite clear from the Chessbase report that FIDE scuttled the
$l.4 million challenge to Topalov offered by Kramnik.

And so it goes.

Surely Topalov could play with Kramnik for the money but not for the title.
Kramnik has no legitimacy to challenge Topalov today.

Old November 16th 05, 09:08 AM

Whether or not the match is officially for the title, the winner
will be regarded as the true world champion.

It appears FIDE won't even let Topalov play for the money.

Old November 16th 05, 09:46 AM
Jerzy

Larry Parr wrote:
Whether or not the match is officially for the title, the winner
will be regarded as the true world champion.

I can see several more serious and legitimate challengers than Kramnik
today.

It appears FIDE won't even let Topalov play for the money.

No one can forbid to play exhibition matches like e.g. Karpov-Polgar.

Old November 16th 05, 11:15 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Angelo DePalma

I have maintained for at least a year that Kramnik is a whining sissy and
that his title is meaningless.

Old November 17th 05, 11:58 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Jerzy

Angelo DePalma wrote:
I have maintained for at least a year that Kramnik is a whining sissy
and that his title is meaningless.

Thay should give you a medal for bravery
Old November 17th 05, 07:21 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Kramnik should have played me. I could offer my wife to him as the
grand prize.

Old November 18th 05, 03:02 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Angelo DePalma

"Jerzy" wrote in message
Angelo DePalma wrote:
I have maintained for at least a year that Kramnik is a whining sissy
and that his title is meaningless.

Thay should give you a medal for bravery

Yes, I am a man of extraordinary courage.