Old November 15th 05, 05:20 PM

Default Parr challenges Blair

Dear Louie,

I don't often refer to you in the second person.
We really don't have much to say to each other. I
think I've got you pretty well pegged as a bloke, and
you figure the same for me.

Right? If you've never given me a second
thought, then you have certainly offered quite a few
first ones here over the years.

Now, then, Louie. Why not settle the issue of
Junior, Cynic and any other name you would care to
dredge up? I don't know who any of these people are.

You know the terms; they are fair, indeed eminently so.
I won't even bother to ask you any questions on the
machine, though there are several I would deeply enjoy
putting to you because the answers are pretty obvious.

Still, Louie, let's keep it simple. I put my reputation
on the line and money; you put up only your money.

Louie, for Pete's sake. It's only going to cost
you $10,000 plus some expenses for the lie detector
machine when I win the bet.

Now, Louie, I would like to be able to say I
trust you, but I don't. We would have to agree on a
stakesholder and referee and venue. We would try to
make it as close to your diggings as possible.

Why not, Louie?

You are going to talk about lie-detector tests
being fallible, and I will respond that they are a
fine indicator, especially when results are clearcut.
I know that I am NOT these people; I know my results
will not be borderline.

C'mon, Louie. Why not -- just this once -- put
up some of your money to back up your canker?

Louie, why not make a handsome gesture in
response by offering to make the deal totally equal by
consenting to answer some of my questions? I will
make them public immediately after the monies are in
escrow. You can then REFUSE to answer without
queering the bet in the least. We still move forward
on an unequal basis that I am more than willing to
accept.

C'mon, Louie. In your dessication, you do want
to do this, don't you? You figure you will lose, but
this time around, why not let your canker get the
better of your judgment?

Just this once, Louie.

Old November 16th 05, 06:02 AM

BLAIR DUCKS CHALLENGE (SURPRISE!)

Does Larry Parr claim that he has no involvement in the writing of any of the cynic or jr notes? -- Louis Blair

Dear Louie,

NO.

Asked and answered. Yet you ask it again and again.

Months go by without second-person communication.
Now, in the space of a couple of days, I write two letters.

You ask a question I can answer, unlike some of
your other queries which did not make formal sense and
allowed you possibilities of weaseling out. Not only
do I deny having no role in writing messages from
cynic, jr and the like, I do not even KNOW the
identity of the person or persons.

Now, then, Louie. Your point is putridly clear.
Why not test it? Why not permit your canker to
conquer your pocketbook?

You won't put up your money because you figure I
would win the $10,000 after a polygraph showdown. Is
that the case, Louie? If not, you must either be
reluctant to take my money, believe that a clearcut
result on a polygraph is not even reliable for
wagering purposes or do not gamble for prudential or
religious reasons. Yet it is not gambling. It is not
an issue of odds but of fact that is likely to be
determined through polygraph testing.

So, Louie, here are some questions for you:

1. Do you refuse to put up $10,000 in escrow with an
agreed upon referee, to be disbursed after the referee
certifies the polygraph result? (the details of the
deal have been spelled out in other postings);

2. Do you think that Taylor Kingston is Xylothist?;

3. Do you consider someone defending themselves by using a
pseudonym to be morally bankrupt when there is no
compelling reason beyond ego not to use a real name?;

4. Will you back up the canker of your innuendo and snide
implication by putting up your money as I am willing
to do with my money?

Old November 16th 05, 02:02 PM
Tom Martinak

Does Larry Parr claim that he has no involvement in the writing
of any of the cynic or jr notes?
-- Louis Blair

Dear Louie,

NO

Not only do I deny having no role in writing messages from
cynic, jr and the like...

Did you mean to confess? A Freudian slip?

- Tom Martinak

Old November 16th 05, 04:06 PM
[email protected]

THE POOR PROFESSOR

Larry baby you know teachers don't have that kind of
cabbage to throw around on idiotic bets. Kind of an easy
challenge if you know it would be a hardship for your
opponent to accept. Why don't YOU pay it? -- Duncan Oxley

In posting after posting ad nauseum Louis Blair has implied
that I either am, know, or are involved with Cynic, jr, etc.,
Despite my repeated denials, he keeps "asking." But he is not
willing to put his money where his mouth is.

Duncan Oxley's position is absurd. Louie Blair
has a tenured position somewhere or other. He has the
moolah. And, as noted many times, I also put up 10Gs.
The conditions are even skewed slightly in Louie's
favor: I have to pay some greater travel expenses.

If Louie wins, he gets my 10Gs and I get stuck
for the polygraph bill; if I win, I get his 10Gs and
he gets stuck for the polygraph bill.

I think the Ox understood all of this, though.

Old November 16th 05, 07:41 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
Louis Blair

I wrote (15 Nov 2005 16:04:45 -0800):

Does Larry Parr claim that he has no involvement in
the writing of any of the cynic or jr notes?

_
Larry Parr wrote (15 Nov 2005 22:02:37 -0800):

NO.

_
And Larry Parr subsequently added:

Not only do I deny having no role in writing messages
from cynic, jr and the like, ...

_
Does Larry Parr have any corrections that he would
want to make to his 15 Nov 2005 22:02:37 -0800
note?

_
Larry Parr wrote (15 Nov 2005 22:02:37 -0800):

[Does Louis Blair] refuse to put up $10,000 in escrow
with an agreed upon referee, to be disbursed after
the referee certifies the polygraph result? (the
details of the deal have been spelled out in other
postings); ... Will [Louis Blair] back up the canker of
[his] innuendo and snide implication by putting up [his]
money as I am willing to do with my money?

_
Unless Larry Parr has some corrections to his 15 Nov
2005 22:02:37 -0800 note, I see no point to a lie detector
test. I feel no need to question the above Larry Parr
quotes, and I would be delighted to reproduce them
from time to time if they really represent his position.

_
Larry Parr wrote (15 Nov 2005 22:02:37 -0800):

[Does Louis Blair] think that Taylor Kingston is
Xylothist?; ... [Does Louis Blair] consider someone
defending themselves by using a pseudonym to be
morally bankrupt when there is no compelling reason
beyond ego not to use a real name?

_
I see no reason why I should be obliged to get
involved in a Larry Parr dispute with Taylor Kingston.

_
Larry Parr wrote (30 Sep 2005 22:20:14 -0700):

I will be Stateside later in the year.

_
Has this Stateside visit now taken place or is it
still in the future?

_
Larry Parr wrote (15 Nov 2005 22:02:37 -0800):

some of your other queries ... did not make
formal sense and allowed you possibilities of
weaseling out.

_
Larry Parr offers no specifics. Here are some
examples of matters that are still pending:
_
_
"The latest Louie Blair variation is he did not
know about my repeated statement that Mike
Murray reproduced what I wrote without material
difference." - Larry Parr (19 Oct 2005
18:35:36 -0700)
_
"This is false. Larry Parr should apologize
promptly." - Louis Blair (19 Oct 2005
18:53:08 -0700)
_
Why hasn't Larry Parr produced a quote to back up
his claim or clearly admitted that he has no quote
to back up his claim?
_
_
"Louis Blair's essential dishonesty has been to
quote statements by this writer in which he left
out the 'as' or 'like' words referring to similes."
- Larry Parr (14 Jun 2005 09:00:03 -0700)
_
Larry Parr gave no evidence at all. On 14 Jun 2005
12:46:41 -0700, I pointed out that I had not contributed
any quotes to the discussion that involved 'as' or 'like'
words. Larry Parr came back with:
_
"So, then, Louie Blair did indeed post some
'names' that I allegedly called that included
as 'as' and 'like' similes.
_
That's called dishonest." - Larry Parr
(14 Jun 2005 20:07:48 -0700)
_
Still "without a shred of evidence" and still wrong.
I complained again on 15 Jun 2005 13:07:10 -0700,
and I saw nothing further from Larry Parr on the
subject. Again, why hasn't Larry Parr produced a
quote to back up his claim or clearly admitted that
he has no quote to back up his claim?
_
"[A] charge without any defined
antecedents ... is usually called
a smear." - Larry Parr (14 Jun 2002
14:06:47 GMT)

Old November 16th 05, 10:02 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
jr

Blah, blah, blah.

As expected, the blowhard declines the challenge.

Who can blame him for wanting to save $10,000?

Old November 16th 05, 10:17 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
Louis Blair

jr (posting-host=207.200.116.66)
wrote (16 Nov 2005 14:02:41 -0800):

Blah, blah, blah.
_
As expected, the blowhard declines the challenge.
_
Who can blame him for wanting to save $10,000?

_
"Does Larry Parr claim that he has no involvement
in the writing of any of the cynic or jr notes?"
- Louis Blair (15 Nov 2005 16:04:45 -0800)
_
"NO." - Larry Parr (posting-host=207.200.116.66)
(16 Nov 2005 11:41:15 -0800)
_
If that really is Larry Parr's answer, I am satisfied
with it.

Old November 16th 05, 10:36 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
Louis Blair

jr (posting-host=207.200.116.66)
wrote (16 Nov 2005 14:02:41 -0800):

Blah, blah, blah.
_
As expected, the blowhard declines the challenge.
_
Who can blame him for wanting to save $10,000?

_
"Does Larry Parr claim that he has no involvement
in the writing of any of the cynic or jr notes?"
- Louis Blair (15 Nov 2005 16:04:45 -0800)
_
"NO." - Larry Parr (posting-host=207.200.116.66)
(16 Nov 2005 11:41:15 -0800)
_
If that really is Larry Parr's answer, I am satisfied
with it.
_
By the way, if Larry Parr does decide that he wants
to revise his answer, I would like to revise the question:
_
Does Larry Parr claim that he has had no
involvement in the writing of any of the cynic
or jr notes?
_
We should, after all, see whether or not Larry Parr
wants to include the past in any denial that he does
want to make.
_
Also:
_