Old November 21st 05, 11:03 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics
Duncan Oxley

Default USCF Website Hijacked?

Looks like a radio station took it over.

Did Bill forget to pay the registration fees again?

Duncan

Old November 22nd 05, 12:08 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics
Duncan Oxley

It's back. Weird. Anyone know why that happened?

Old November 22nd 05, 12:25 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics
samsloan

Duncan Oxley wrote:
It's back. Weird. Anyone know why that happened?

"Duncan Oxley" wrote in message
Looks like a radio station took it over.

Did Bill forget to pay the registration fees again?

Duncan

I know what happened.

It became the home page for KZUM 89.3 FM in Lincoln, Nebraska.

Our webmaster, Mike Nolan, lives in Lincoln Nebraska.

It must be that Mike Nolan is also the webmaster for KZUM 89.3 FM
and he posted their home page to our website.

Old November 22nd 05, 12:36 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics
Mike Nolan

"Duncan Oxley" writes:

It's back. Weird. Anyone know why that happened?

Our ISP made a routing table error this afternoon while adding a new
customer, a local Nebraska nonprofit radio station. It was fixed at
around 6:15 pm central time.
--
Mike Nolan
Old November 22nd 05, 03:20 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics
Leopold

"Mike Nolan" wrote in message
"Duncan Oxley" writes:

It's back. Weird. Anyone know why that happened?

Our ISP made a routing table error this afternoon while adding a new
customer, a local Nebraska nonprofit radio station. It was fixed at
around 6:15 pm central time.
--
Mike Nolan

So Sam was almost right again. :-)

Old November 22nd 05, 09:59 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics
David Richerby

Leopold wrote:
"Mike Nolan" wrote in message
Our ISP made a routing table error this afternoon while adding a new
customer, a local Nebraska nonprofit radio station. It was fixed at
around 6:15 pm central time.

So Sam was almost right again. :-)

No, Sam was completely wrong. He suggested that the webmaster put the
wrong pages up; in fact, the ISP was directing the requests to the wrong
machine.

Dave.

--
David Richerby Fluorescent Game (TM): it's like
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ a family board game but it'll hurt
Old November 22nd 05, 12:39 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics
Ray Gordon

Sam's wrong and he's an asshole. We all knew that.

Ray Gordon

Old November 22nd 05, 01:55 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics
Duncan Oxley

----
Leopold wrote:
So Sam was almost right again. :-)