Old December 12th 05, 06:50 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default Wikipedia biography of Mike Goodall

Kenneth Michael Goodall
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Kenneth Michael Goodall, better known as Mike Goodall, (b. January 13,
1946 in Denver, Colorado) is the most active chess tournament
organizer in Northern California. He organized and directed the US
Chess Championship in 1975, 1984 and 1986, the US Junior Chess Open
Championship in 1985, and the U.S. Women's Chess Championship in 1984
and 1986. Most of these events were held on the campus of the
University of California at Berkeley. Goodall also organizes memorial
tournaments at the San Francisco Mechanics Institute, such as the
Stamer Memorial and the Capps Memorial. He has also held USCF rated
King's Gambit tournaments. The biggest tournament he ever ran was the
First Golden Gate Open in 1976 with 468 players.

Goodall is an International Arbiter, recognized and certified by FIDE,
the World Chess Federation. He is also a National Tournament Director
for the USCF. Goodall is also a tournament chess player and for many
years was a rated chess expert. He once defeated Grandmaster Nick de
Firmian.

Goodall was the person charged with transmitting the moves from
Iceland to the New York PBS TV Station during the 1972 World Chess
Championship match between Bobby Fischer and Boris Spassky. This led
to a permanent job as Assistant Director of Broadcast Operations for
PBS.

Goodall has held various positions in the California Chess Association
and in the United States Chess Federation. He has been President of
the California Chess Association and Regional Vice-President of the
USCF. He has also been a member of the Tournament Directors
Qualification Committee. He is regularly a Northern California
delegate to the United States Chess Federation.

Goodall is known for his annual Christmas Party, which is a gala event
to which top chess players are invited.

Goodall has been a scientific data analyst for the Lawrence Radiation
Laboratory in Berkeley.

Goodall lived for many years in Berkeley, California, where he did
accounting work in the publishing industry. Goodall is now retired and
lives in San Rafael, California, where he has become a chess
philanthropist, contributing to many chess related causes. Goodall has
paid the USCF membership dues for Sam Sloan, so that Sloan can run for
USCF election.

External links

* US Tournament Record for Michael Goodall
* The Chess Games of Michael Goodall

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_Michael_Goodall"

Categories: 1946 births | American chess players | Chess players
Old December 12th 05, 02:48 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default Sam Sloan's twisted biography of Mike Goodall

Of course I would fabricate 50% of the things I write anyway. If you
pay me, I write nice stuff about you. If you don't, you're going down.

Old December 12th 05, 03:39 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess
samsloan

Sam Sloan wrote:
Of course I would fabricate 50% of the things I write anyway. If you
pay me, I write nice stuff about you. If you don't, you're going down.

Sam Sloan

I do wonder what this fake poster feels that he is accomplishing. He
has posted 144 times under my name in about the last month. This is an
annoyance to everybody. Most of the chass players know that his
postings are fake, but there are no doubt many who believe that his
postings are really me.

I have called the FBI about this, but they say that what he is doing is
not a crime.

The Real Sam Sloan

Old December 12th 05, 03:48 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

But molesting and ****ing minors is a crime. We all know who did it,
right?

The Real Sam Sloan

Old December 12th 05, 06:02 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess
Tyrone Slothrop

Why does this sound like Bill Brock? Not saying that Bill is the "Real
Sam Sloan", but hmmm....

Old December 12th 05, 06:12 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess
samsloan

Sam Sloan wrote:
But molesting and ****ing minors is a crime. We all know who did it,
right?

The Real Sam Sloan

I was thinking exactly the same thing. I decided not to say anything so
as not to provoke him, but now that you have broached the subject, we
can discuss it.

I believe that the fake poster is not Bill Brock. However, it is an
interesting coincidence that this fake poster first posted on exactly
the evening that I had arrived in Chicago to play the Grudge Match
against Bill Brock. The match took place the following day.

Although I do not believe that this is Bill Brock, the possibility
remains.

The Really Real Sam Sloan

Old December 12th 05, 06:58 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess
Jürgen R.

On 12 Dec 2005 07:39:25 -0800, "samsloan" wrote:

Sam Sloan wrote:
Of course I would fabricate 50% of the things I write anyway. If you
pay me, I write nice stuff about you. If you don't, you're going down.

Sam Sloan

I do wonder what this fake poster feels that he is accomplishing.

I have no idea. But I know what he is accomplishing: He is
demonstrating that it doesn't matter at all whether a post is from a
real or a fake Sloan - all Sam Sloans, whether real or fake, are
irrelevant.

Old December 12th 05, 07:47 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Molesting and ****ing minors is a crime. It's not irrelevant. We all
know who did it,
right?

The Real Sam Sloan

Old December 13th 05, 08:33 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess
Jürgen R.

On 12 Dec 2005 11:47:40 -0800, "Sam Sloan"
wrote:

Molesting and ****ing minors is a crime. It's not irrelevant. We all
know who did it,
right?

Wrong - I don't know what Sloan did and I don't want to know. Most men
who brag about ****ing are fantasizing. Anybody who brags about
****ing Far Eastern whores is sick, a decrepit old lecher and a dung
beetle.

The Real Sam Sloan

Old December 14th 05, 02:13 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
LSD

"samsloan" wrote in message
oups.com...
Sam Sloan wrote:
Of course I would fabricate 50% of the things I write anyway. If you
pay me, I write nice stuff about you. If you don't, you're going down.

Sam Sloan

I do wonder what this fake poster feels that he is accomplishing. He
has posted 144 times under my name in about the last month. This is an
annoyance to everybody. Most of the chass players know that his
postings are fake, but there are no doubt many who believe that his
postings are really me.

I have called the FBI about this, but they say that what he is doing is
not a crime.

The Real Sam Sloan

Maybe talk to Ray Gordon about that. He's gotta have a team of lawyers by
now, working out exactly these sorts of issues for him.

Seriously though, as far as I can see you've *earned* this spoofer. While
sometimes you are capable of posting on topic, all too frequently you ramble
on incessantly about crap no one cares about, crap from your personal life,
or about the object of your newest obsession. It's like some twisted
exhibitionism, and it's exacerbated by your consistent cross-posting.

That's annoying, and it's disrespectful to the rest of us, and (SURPRISE!)
it attracts negative attention.

Now there's fake Sam Sloan. I don't who he is or anything about him,
except:
(1) he is driven to annoy and disrespect you
(2) you created him
(3) I quite like him ;-)