Old December 15th 05, 08:26 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default (OT): Can You Trust Wikipedia?

Nick wrote:
David Richerby wrote:
Malicious incorrect updates are surely the most obvious problem
that a wiki could face? Maybe I'm just paranoid.

"I don't use the Internet. I've never seen a blog in my life.
I don't even use email. I don't waste my time with this.
I am not interested. I couldn't care less. I think the
Internet has become a hate machine for a lot of people
and I want nothing to do with it."
--Robert Fisk

Robert Fisk is the veteran Middle East correspondent for
'The Independent'. He has reported having received, evidently
on account of his criticisms of Israel and the United States,
a huge amount of 'hate mail'.

That is why I no longer wish to engage in political discussions on the
Internet. Having read perhaps a thousand posts which are essentially
strings of obscenities and slogans, I have had enough. I never notice
that anyone's opinion about anything ever changes. So what is the
point? It's a depressing view of the human condition.

The best I can explain it is being like dogs barking. The real motive
is to display one's loyalty to the group and intimidate outsiders. Bow
wow wow wow wow. Bow wow. Wow.

Maybe I should monitor the Wikipedia page on Ayn Rand. I bet it
changes every hour. It might be entertaining. .... Nah.

Old December 16th 05, 02:00 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

Default Can You Trust Sam Sloan?

Can you trust me? Can you lend me $5K?