Old December 17th 05, 08:35 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default List of People suspected of being the Fake Sam Sloan

List of People suspected of being the Fake Sam Sloan

The Fake Sam Sloan has become a real nuisance. It has gotten so bad
that half of the entire postings to the chess groups are from the Fake
Sam Sloan. He has posted 200 times under my name within the part few
weeks. This discourages serious people from posting. Also, the danger
is that outsiders who are not familiar with the Fake Sam Sloan will
believe that the postings are by me. Most of the time it is obvious
when he writes something that could not possibly be written by me.
However, sometimes he says something similar to what I might actually
say, and that is another concern.

In addition, the Fake Sam Sloan has started posting over in Wikipedia.
There was just a posting by "BeatrizMarinello" a few minutes ago
there. Also, "TimHanke" posted recently. I am quite certain that the
real BeatrizMarinello and the real TimHanke did not post there and
that this is the same fake poster.

If we can positively identify who the Fake Sam Sloan is, that might
discourage him. In the past, when fake posters have been outed, they
stopped immediately or assumed another identity.

Here are a few of the suspects. I encourage others to comment or
suggest names.

1. Ray Gordon.

Ray Gordon is my number one suspect. He has posted under his various
identities more than ten thousand times to Usenet, to such groups as
alt.seduction.fast . He has the time for this. Also, many of his
postings mention Ray Gordon or attack Ray Gordon. I do not know Ray
Gordon and do not care to know him either.

2. Paul Truong: I have a hard time imagining that Paul Truong is doing
this, but in fact the IP address the fake poster was using was
4.237.41.136 , which points to Flushing, New York, where Paul Truong
lives. Since this was discovered, the Fake Sam Sloan has moved his IP
address to 64.12.116.69 , which is in Manhattan.

I have a difficult time believing that Paul Truong would do this.
However, one other person who is in a good position to know asserts
that it is him. Also, Paul Truong voted at the meeting in Phoenix,
Arizona to ban me from running for USCF office (he denies that he cast
such a vote, but I and others saw him do it). So, Paul Truong cannot
be eliminated.

3. Jason Repa of Winnipeg, Canada. The best player in Winnipeg. I do
not know the man at all. I believe that he has posted as Sam Sloan in
the past but I think he is not doing it now.

4. Don Schultz. I am certain that it is not Don, but others have
raised his name because another fake poster uses bellsouth.net and Don
Schultz has a Bellsouth account. Bellsouth covers most of the states
in the south, including Crossville, Tennessee where the USCF is
located. There is one USCF employee who is suspected of disliking me.
I will not name him but he has to be a suspect.

5. Jurgen R. Jurgen has admitted to one fake posting under my name. It
was obvious and not harmful. Still, his name belongs on this list.

6. Tim Hanke. Hanke is suspected of being several of the fake
personalities, including The Dirty Vicar and The Reverend Calvin
Hindoo Qusz. While Hanke may now be hunched down in a foxhole
exchanging gunfire with the freedom fighters in Iraq, he may still
have time to use his cell phone to make fake postings under my name.

7. Jim Eade. Jim Eade is known to dislike me. He is strongly believed
to be SlamStoan, although he denies it. He is also suspected of being
the Reverend Calvin Hindoo Qusz and the Old Professor.

8. Bruce Draney. Previously the most active poster here, he now rarely
posts but has to be considered. He was caught red handed posting under
the fake name "Joe Mama".

9. Bill Brock. Recently the Fake Sam Sloan has made several postings
which sound like Bill Brock. Previously, Bill Brock was never a
suspect. However, now Bill Brock has to be considered, especially
since this fake poster first started on exactly the evening when I
arrived in Chicago to play the grudge match against Bill Brock the
following morning.

Bill Brock has since sworn never to post here again and has not done
so, but how can he resist coming back under a fake name, so now he has
to be high on the list.

10. Lastly, how can we forget Tom Dorsch.

In conclusion, I still consider Ray Gordon to be the most likely
suspect. I am certain that the Fake Sam Sloan is a chess player who
has frequented this group. Any help in tracking down the culprit would
be appreciated.

Old December 17th 05, 10:16 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess
Jürgen R.

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 20:35:51 GMT, (Sam Sloan)
wrote:

List of People suspected of being the Fake Sam Sloan

[...]

You got me. I thought I was safe because, as you can see from the
header, I usually post from Europe. Recently I have been taking the
Concorde to NY twice a week for the sole purpose of posting Fake Sam
Sloan messages without being detected. The reason is that I consider
Sam Sloan to be the most dangerous pseudo-libertarian alive. If we are
not careful he will sooner or later be elected to something or other -
and then how are we going to protect ourselves? Therefore, I suggest
that everybody should post at least one Fake Sam Sloan Message every
day, effectively muzzling the idiot.

Old December 17th 05, 10:29 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess
Nick

Jürgen R. wrote:
On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 20:35:51 GMT, (Sam Sloan)
wrote:
List of People suspected of being the Fake Sam Sloan

[...]

The Concorde's no longer in service.

--Nick

Old December 17th 05, 10:42 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess
Ray Gordon

Here are a few of the suspects. I encourage others to comment or
suggest names.

1. Ray Gordon.

Wrong. Kindly stop accusing me of this.

Old December 18th 05, 04:56 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess
Matt Nemmers

"Sam Sloan" wrote in message
List of People suspected of being the Fake Sam Sloan

SNIP

LMFAO....Sloan may have just met his match.

Whoever you are......please! Keep it up!!

Old December 18th 05, 06:41 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess
Jimbo

"Matt Nemmers" wrote in message
t...
"Sam Sloan" wrote in message
List of People suspected of being the Fake Sam Sloan

SNIP

LMFAO....Sloan may have just met his match.

Whoever you are......please! Keep it up!!

Encouraging such people is not in the best interests of the newsgroup.

Old December 18th 05, 10:53 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess
Major Cat

Jimbo wrote:

"Matt Nemmers" wrote in message
t...
"Sam Sloan" wrote in message
List of People suspected of being the Fake Sam Sloan

SNIP

LMFAO....Sloan may have just met his match.

Whoever you are......please! Keep it up!!

Encouraging such people is not in the best interests of the newsgroup.

Respectfully, why do Euroamericans _love_
the bar scene? USENET is not that much
different...

Major Cat

Old December 18th 05, 11:57 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess
Ben Markson

I come here reading things in these newsgroups for info without
really posting at all. Irrelevant to the attacks or the people
involved, it is annoying because I'm trying to filter through the
garbage, and this fake poster is just adding more garbage.

Old December 18th 05, 01:28 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Here are a few of the additional suspects. I encourage others to
comment or
suggest names.

1. My wife.

The bitch doesn't like me. One sign is she has refused to have sex with
me after she got her Green Card. She said she will only do it if I pay.
What's her problem?

2. My ex-wives.

They have a big grudge because I don't pay child support to any of
them. What's their problem?

3. My parole officer.

The dumb **** got mad because I cut off my ankle monitoring device. He
apparently thinks that ****ing minors is a crime. What's the big deal?

4. My Rabbi.

He got mad and said that I'm an embarrassment to all Jews. He said the
same about Bobby Fischer. Therefore, I think I'm in good company and
I'm more famous than Topalov. What's his problem?

5. My landlord.

What's wrong with this prick? He got mad just because I haven't paid
rent in 6 months. What's his problem?

Old December 18th 05, 03:31 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Sam Sloan wrote:
[...]

I'm positive it's this loser Ray Gordon. I bet my reputation on it.